• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Agrees to Plea Deal

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about them? Not sure what you're getting at.

Not for theft. For breaking into someone's home. And if someone breaks into your home your family is in danger. The burglar could be armed too. Better to find out after they're dead.

And no I'm not concerned about the perpetrator because I'm not a liberal; I'm concerned about the victim. And if I ever break into someone's home and they shoot me dead, go ahead and put "He got what was coming to him" on my gave stone.

I wrote a longer response to an earlier post of yours, but decided against posting it.

My question here is: Why does someone have to be a liberal to care about another life? I'm somewhat libertarian, but I'd never want blood on my hands for such a flimsy reason as not knowing if someone is armed or not.

Military personnel are taught not to shoot unless they are shot at first, so why should private citizens be allowed to shoot someone because of unknown circumstances?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is also ridiculous. My step dad was friends with a guy who left his house every day carrying a shot gun and put it in his trunk. When he got home, he took the shot gun out of the trunk and carried it in the house. He lived in an apartment where the 3 connecting apartments were robbed on various occasions, and his was never touched.

This isn't true... Where I live,we have a lot of people targeted for burglary and theft because they DO OWN guns. Guns are easy to sell or pawn, which makes them one of the most desirable items for a would be thief. Having a gun only makes you a bigger target in the communities I have lived in...

Chances are, most people left your dad's friend alone, because he was crazy enough to tote around a shotgun on a daily basis in a loaded apartment complex... Not something you see every day, lol...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
My question here is: Why does someone have to be a liberal to care about another life? I'm somewhat libertarian, but I'd never want blood on my hands for such a flimsy reason as not knowing if someone is armed or not.

You don't. This has nothing to do with caring about someone's life. This has to do with what happens when a crime is committed. 9 times out of 10 if someone is sticking up for the perpetrator he's a liberal. Conservatives tend to sick up for the victim, and that's why their position is the better one. And yes I'm making generalizations, but there's no other way to describe an entire population of people without generalizing.

Military personnel are taught not to shoot unless they are shot at first, so why should private citizens be allowed to shoot someone because of unknown circumstances?

That's not even true. If they're on an offensive mission like killing a terrorist they absolutely shoot first. If they're security at an embassy they don't shoot first. But you're seriously trying to juxtapose a defensive military position with someone breaking into your house? That's incredibly stupid. There aren't sleeping children present in defensive military positions.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Chances are, most people left your dad's friend alone, because he was crazy enough to tote around a shotgun on a daily basis in a loaded apartment complex... Not something you see every day, lol...

Exactly.

As far as people trying to steal guns, that might be the case if they're on display in your house (most break-ins are done by people who have at least seen the inside of the house before). But it seems like, unless you're an idiot, you would keep a gun in your bedroom. So they'd have to break in when nobody's home (not when you're in bed), so that wouldn't be a case where someone's in danger anyway.

And any item in your house worth over about $500 would have the exact same appeal to a burglar.

By the way, these are also good reasons to own a dog if you can afford one.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm really not being a dick here; I'm not sure what your point is. This reads like, "You seem to be concerned with people who have intruders, but what about people who have their cars stolen off the street?"

I asked you about random intruders. You said they deserve to get shot. And then I asked you about the home owners who may not have guns to protect themselves from intruders who have guns. You completely ignored that part and starting using ridiculous analogies to twist my simple question around.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I asked you about random intruders. You said they deserve to get shot. And then I asked you about the home owners who may not have guns to protect themselves from intruders who have guns. You completely ignored that part and starting using ridiculous analogies to twist my simple question around

Twist your question around??? I don't even know what you're asking!

Can you be more specific in your question?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Twist your question around??? I don't even know what you're asking!

Can you be more specific in your question?

Let's start from the top:

"If people know you're a gun owner they're 100 times more likely to pick someone else to fuck with. The 2nd amendment is also about protecting your property."

This only works if everyone is legally mandated to own a gun. But since they are not, are you advocating 100% ownership of guns? Or should people start putting up fake "beware of gun" signs like they do for dogs?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Let's start from the top:

"If people know you're a gun owner they're 100 times more likely to pick someone else to fuck with. The 2nd amendment is also about protecting your property."

This only works if everyone is legally mandated to own a gun. But since they are not, are you advocating 100% ownership of guns? Or should people start putting up fake "beware of gun" signs like they do for dogs?

What do you mean by "works?" You mean eliminating break-ins completely? That will never happen. What I'm saying is that people target the weakest victims, and someone who is known for keeping a gun with them is on the bottom of that list.

Actually, a beware of gun sign might help. Yes. But in no way am I for making people put those signs up or making them own guns; that would be incredibly stupid IMO.

If people don't want to do any of this then that's fine. It's their choice. I've never owned a gun, nor do I have a "beware of gun" sign. I've never thought it was necessary. But it's an option I'd consider if I ever believed it were.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean by "works?" You mean eliminating break-ins completely? That will never happen. What I'm saying is that people target the weakest victims, and someone who is known for keeping a gun with them is on the bottom of that list.

Actually, a beware of gun sign might help. Yes. But in no way am I for making people put those signs up or making them own guns; that would be incredibly stupid IMO.

If people don't want to do any of this then that's fine. It's their choice. I've never owned a gun, nor do I have a "beware of gun" sign. I've never thought it was necessary. But it's an option I'd consider if I ever believed it were.

Evidence that the type of tard who commits armed burglary is the type of tard who actually stakes out their victims to make sure they don't carry a shotgun with them everywhere they go?

I think you're giving criminals way too much credit here my bro.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

That is assuming that all criminals meticulously scout our their victims. Even so, the most motivated criminal may have no idea if there are guns present in the house unless they are familiar with the people living there. But how do the "weakest victims" protect themselves? There is always going to be a weak-link.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf are we even discussing here? The "weakest victims?" Most victims don't contemplate such craziness. Even gun toting citizens can become victims. Being armed doesn't assure you won't fall prey to criminals hell bent on getting what they intend to get. Money, jewelry, etc...

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wtf are we even discussing here? The "weakest victims?" Most victims don't contemplate such craziness. Even gun toting citizens can become victims. Being armed doesn't assure you won't fall prey to criminals hell bent on getting what they intend to get. Money, jewelry, etc...

I was just using it in the context Sickness was. Even the "strongest victims" can be blindsided by someone wanting to do harm.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just using it in the context Sickness was. Even the "strongest victims" can be blindsided by someone wanting to do harm.

I wasn't singling you out. Just trying to understand the context as it relates to Aldon.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. That's ridiculous. Every gun owner with kids I know keeps their guns preloaded.

And it's just possible that those gun owners you know aren't looking out for their families as much as you (or they) think they are. A household that owns a gun is far more likely to have someone in the house killed by a gun than one that does not. I'm certain that number is even higher where the firearm is loaded and quickly accessible.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't. This has nothing to do with caring about someone's life. This has to do with what happens when a crime is committed. 9 times out of 10 if someone is sticking up for the perpetrator he's a liberal. Conservatives tend to sick up for the victim, and that's why their position is the better one. And yes I'm making generalizations, but there's no other way to describe an entire population of people without generalizing.

Right, we're talking about crime, so why do WE get to decide to kill another human being if we don't know we're in immediate danger? The supreme court may not have ruled that every defendant deserves a trail in front of their peers, but who are we to say someone should die?

That's not even true. If they're on an offensive mission like killing a terrorist they absolutely shoot first. If they're security at an embassy they don't shoot first. But you're seriously trying to juxtapose a defensive military position with someone breaking into your house? That's incredibly stupid. There aren't sleeping children present in defensive military positions.

OK, so the NEW rules of engagement require that a soldier prove that an enemy is armed before firing back, if at all, but the point still remains that soldiers aren't (generally) allowed to shoot shit up (unless we're talking about My Lai, or other war atrocities) without knowing of imminent danger.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wasn't singling you out. Just trying to understand the context as it relates to Aldon.

The Aldon context went down the drain a few pages ago. This new conversation started when talking about how semi automatics aren't nearly as bad as fully automatics.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If people know you're a gun owner they're 100 times more likely to pick someone else to fuck with. The 2nd amendment is also about protecting your property.

No, it's not. It's about preventing an unopposed tyrannical government that commands the military from subjugating the states.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Aldon context went down the drain a few pages ago. This new conversation started when talking about how semi automatics aren't nearly as bad as fully automatics.

Lol, damn it! I need to go through the thread. Thanks for the Cliff Notes version.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit, I'd much rather an assailant have a full auto vs a semi auto. Try hitting something from 60 yards away with an AK. I've tried it, it isn't very successful.