• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aldon Smith Agrees to Plea Deal

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd much rather live in a state where I can eat lunch at a restaurant with a bunch of strangers armed with fully automatic assault rifles.

Also, Toby lives there, which is never a good thing.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'd much rather live in a state where I can eat lunch at a restaurant with a bunch of strangers armed with fully automatic assault rifles.
That is the other extreme. Dont believe fully automatic weapons are legal anywhere

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently fully auto weapons are legal on some states

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a person right? :lol:
No one will ever say he is a good shot.

It was an accidental discharge will trying to pull it out of his pants. Apparently, he didnt think to put it on safety. Lucky for him he didnt blow his nuts off.:lol:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That is the other extreme. Dont believe fully automatic weapons are legal anywhere

I'm pretty sure they are. There are pretty strict restrictions (read somewhere they have to have been produced before 1986?), but they are technically legal. Though whatever, a semiautomatic assault rifle with a 30-round magazine isn't all that different from one that fully automatic, IMO.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an accidental discharge will trying to pull it out of his pants. Apparently, he didnt think to put it on safety. Lucky for him he didnt blow his nuts off.:lol:

Wait are we still talking about the gun? o_Oa

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm pretty sure they are. There are pretty strict restrictions (read somewhere they have to have been produced before 1986?), but they are technically legal. Though whatever, a semiautomatic assault rifle with a 30-round magazine isn't all that different from one that fully automatic, IMO.

Well in this case it's actually factually incorrect to state that. Very incorrect.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You can have a fully automatic weapon if you buy it from a dealer who is liscensed to sell them, and pass all the requirements.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have a .22 rifle that is barrel fed and holds 13 rounds. Semi auto that fires as fast as my finger pulls the trigger. While I can pull that trigger fast, it's not even close to fully auto. Same with my 870 shotgun. My muzzle loader is a little different. That takes some time. My bow is actually faster than my muzzle loader.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Well in this case it's actually factually incorrect to state that. Very incorrect.

Which part? Automatic firearms are legal in some states, as you noted above. The other statement is my opinion, though I certainly could change it if presented with compelling evidence to the contrary. Obviously you can empty a magazine much faster with a fully automatic rifle, but you're markedly less likely to make those individual bullets count as much. If we're talking worst-case scenario, as in firing into a crowd, I'd think a trained shooter with a semi-auto could do as much or more damage than a guy with a full automatic. I've never fired an automatic rifle, though, and have only fired a semiautomatic rifle at a semi-rapid pace once, so I'm far from an expert.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I have a .22 rifle that is barrel fed and holds 13 rounds. Semi auto that fires as fast as my finger pulls the trigger. While I can pull that trigger fast, it's not even close to fully auto. Same with my 870 shotgun. My muzzle loader is a little different. That takes some time. My bow is actually faster than my muzzle loader.

Not even close is still close enough for someone willing to do harm.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Which part? Automatic firearms are legal in some states, as you noted above. The other statement is my opinion, though I certainly could change it if presented with compelling evidence to the contrary. Obviously you can empty a magazine much faster with a fully automatic rifle, but you're markedly less likely to make those individual bullets count as much. If we're talking worst-case scenario, as in firing into a crowd, I'd think a trained shooter with a semi-auto could do as much or more damage than a guy with a full automatic. I've never fired an automatic rifle, though, and have only fired a semiautomatic rifle at a semi-rapid pace once, so I'm far from an expert.

The faster you pull a trigger the less accurate you are. That's why a sniper pulls the trigger once. That's why he breaths, calculates, makes the adjustments, then fires a bullet from a bolt action rifle. Single fire.

A guy in a crowd with a fully auto weapon will have a bigger mag than 30 rounds. And he will get those rounds out at a significantly faster rate. He will reload, and continue to fire. Semi auto weapons are more accurate because they shoot at a slower rate by design.

If you have a trained shooter he could pick people off, but hitting a running target is hard. Very hard. That's why autos would be prefered for this actions because you just spray and pray.

I am a gun guy. I hunt. I want to be able to protect my family the way I feel fit. But guns aren't for everybody. And of somebody doesn't want them, that's fine by me. I just don't want them to take my choice and right away.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to get in a gun debate here but the difference in the laws from state to state involving semi-auto rifles is simple. Pistol grips,folding stocks ,bayonet fittings....just a few to make a rifle illegal in CA ,CT ,etc. The firing of the rifle is the same, semi-auto. The difference is in the cosmetics of the rifle. Mag capacity has also been shortened to ten rounds or fewer . In CT as in CA any violation of these is a felony. I could take my 10/22 Ruger and duct tape a pistol grip on it and be arrested for a felony.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The faster you pull a trigger the less accurate you are. That's why a sniper pulls the trigger once. That's why he breaths, calculates, makes the adjustments, then fires a bullet from a bolt action rifle. Single fire.

A guy in a crowd with a fully auto weapon will have a bigger mag than 30 rounds. And he will get those rounds out at a significantly faster rate. He will reload, and continue to fire. Semi auto weapons are more accurate because they shoot at a slower rate by design.

If you have a trained shooter he could pick people off, but hitting a running target is hard. Very hard. That's why autos would be prefered for this actions because you just spray and pray.

I am a gun guy. I hunt. I want to be able to protect my family the way I feel fit. But guns aren't for everybody. And of somebody doesn't want them, that's fine by me. I just don't want them to take my choice and right away.

I think guns are fun too but come on bro. These are all arguments that the shit con hurr durr Toby Tyler's of the world make and they don't withstand any level of scrutiny. By all means appreciate the fact that you get to play with your toys but don't pretend that semi-autos are necessary for hunting or home protection, or that the constitution says anything about an individual's right to own a gun.

Come on man, you're better than that.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sensing sarcasm here...Would you rather eat in a resturant where guns are not allowed?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Yes, I know that slower fire makes for more accurate fire. That's the basis for my opinion. Would the fully automatic do more damage in the crowd scenario? Most likely, particularly if the shooter is experienced with that type of weapon. But the guy with the semiauto rifle is going to do plenty of damage, too.

Re: 30+ round magazines, how common are those? Honest question. I was under the impression that the typical banana style magazine was 30 rounds. I know larger magazines exist, but I can't recall seeing them all that often either in person or on the news, in photos, etc.

I realize people disagree - vehemently - about guns. I have no problem with people owning and using guns for hunting purposes. Personally, I'm not comfortable with random people walking around with high-powered, semi-automatic rifles. Nothing about that makes me feel safer. That said, I would happily support laws that provide for owning that type of weapon - which is at least somewhat in keeping with the need for a militia - in exchange for a general ban on handguns. And allowing guns into schools, government buildings, bars, etc. is the height of lunacy as far as I'm concerned.

1911Alaska

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why? Anyone who is planning on shooting you is not going to wait for you to be out of a gun free zone. All gun free zones do is tell criminals that ehre is a lot of victims in there who do not have the abaility to defend themselves.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why? Anyone who is planning on shooting you is not going to wait for you to be out of a gun free zone. All gun free zones do is tell criminals that ehre is a lot of victims in there who do not have the abaility to defend themselves.

I don't think anyone out there is currently planning to shoot me. I would be much more worried about an accident occurring in a room full of gun-toting amateurs than being the victim of a violent crime in a room full of unarmed people.