• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama's 15* National Championships...

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17-13 LSU

It will have to be a higher score for them to beat us, i dont think their defense can hold us to 13 pts and Bama has only given up 17 or more to one team and LSU doesnt have the offense that A&M does. It will be a good game, but i think Bama wins(un-hooplan of me i know)

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will have to be a higher score for them to beat us, i dont think their defense can hold us to 13 pts and Bama has only given up 17 or more to one team and LSU doesnt have the offense that A&M does. It will be a good game, but i think Bama wins(un-hooplan of me i know)

I actually agree.

I'm just waiting for Alabama to have one of those games where they come out flat, and it's just not their day. LSU is a perfect team for this to happen.

My 17-13 prediction is me talking out of my ass.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually agree.

I'm just waiting for Alabama to have one of those games where they come out flat, and it's just not their day. LSU is a perfect team for this to happen.

My 17-13 prediction is me talking out of my ass.

VT game was that all over the place.

This game scares me every year because records dont matter usually.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time somebody made a thread about this....

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT game was that all over the place.

This game scares me every year because records dont matter usually.

Wish I could watch it. Unfortunately the Irish are on at the same time.

LSU either wins, or Alabama blows them out. I don't see Alabama winning 9-6 or 24-21.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could watch it. Unfortunately the Irish are on at the same time.

Playing in prime time definitely has its drawbacks, I like out 3:30 slot much better.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your point is no one has a title then at all, ever. because voted and awarded is all we got until a playoff comes around and then its subjective to a panel voting...oh no, no titles ever...............................:gaah:

:lame:

Absolutely not. Has Bama deserved to be "voted" or "awarded" Championships in the past? Sure they have..and, most are well deserved. But, at least 5 IMO are not. How about the 04' season, if it was Bama that went undefeated instead of Auburn?...Bama would have been "voted" in to play in the Championship, and that is a fact of the beauty/popularity contest of college football.

Hell, look at the Ducks. They sure looked "pretty" with all those wardrobe changes every weekend...but, at the end of the day...they were still an ugly duckling, just glamoured to look like the best team in college football.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only National Championship that matters to me is the next one. With that said we should claim even more titles, just to troll the OCD folks who are fixated on this topic.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only National Championship that matters to me is the next one. With that said we should claim even more titles, just to troll the OCD folks who are fixated on this topic.

That's a good idea.

Got 18?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. Has Bama deserved to be "voted" or "awarded" Championships in the past? Sure they have..and, most are well deserved. But, at least 5 IMO are not. How about the 04' season, if it was Bama that went undefeated instead of Auburn?...Bama would have been "voted" in to play in the Championship, and that is a fact of the beauty/popularity contest of college football.

Hell, look at the Ducks. They sure looked "pretty" with all those wardrobe changes every weekend...but, at the end of the day...they were still an ugly duckling, just glamoured to look like the best team in college football.

So i guess Bama going undefeated in 1966 and not getting voted a title is a travesty then huh?

We cannot say for sure that Bama would have been voted to play in that 04 title game, only speculate that it might have happened, since it didnt happen.

Prior to 1936 the DeFacto National Champion was the Rose Bowl winner in most years. Bama did this three times prior to 1936, add in its 9 AP or wire service titles and you get 12. Most Bama fans i know claim 9 and they are as solid as any title ever given, awarded, or voted on. How it was done is based on the criteria of that time period and not subject to scrutiny years after the fact. It is what it is.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:dance:

I'll have some shirts made!

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So i guess Bama going undefeated in 1966 and not getting voted a title is a travesty then huh?

We cannot say for sure that Bama would have been voted to play in that 04 title game, only speculate that it might have happened, since it didnt happen.

Prior to 1936 the DeFacto National Champion was the Rose Bowl winner in most years. Bama did this three times prior to 1936, add in its 9 AP or wire service titles and you get 12. Most Bama fans i know claim 9 and they are as solid as any title ever given, awarded, or voted on. How it was done is based on the criteria of that time period and not subject to scrutiny years after the fact. It is what it is.

1966 was an absolute "travesty" Championship. I said back 04' that if it where Bama that went undefeated instead of Auburn, and didn't play in the championship...a playoff system would have been in place in 05'!...or, the powers that be "the tuskaloosa taliban" as I like to call-em, might have been so bent out of shape, they created a firestorm like nothing ever seen before. And possibly, threatened to leave the NCAA, and start their own league!

"Tuskaloosa Taliban" could have made a few phone calls and started a 12 team league to consist of Michigan, Ohio St, Florida, Florida St, USC, Notre dame, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, LSU and Penn St. That could have been awesome!