• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama vs. Ohio State Sugar Bowl(semifinal) Jan 1,2015

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU played hard the entire game but bottom line is that was NOT PI and game should have been over. Even the back ref says incomplete then throws flag well late. I really wonder if you think that was interference? I hated Miami at the time but that guy did not touch the OSU wr. Not really wanting to get into every nick picky call you will point out. This is the play this game came down to and was about for the nation. :nod:

Bad calls happen, so I understand, but doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just at such a crucial time.

The defender touched him. Bottom line. To say he was never touched is just being ignorant. There is video evidence of him being touched.

The game should not have even gone to overtime because TOSU got screwed 3 times on the same play with 1:50 left in regulation that would have allowed them run the clock out.

TOSU played one of the best teams of all time. They didn't get the benefit of a 4 year starting QB being knocked out in the first series, or playing a lucky ND team that had come off a mediocre season the previous year or the opportunity to play a team they had already faced allGIFTS that Bama has been given in their recent NCs

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defender touched him. Bottom line. To say he was never touched is just being ignorant. There is video evidence of him being touched.

The game should not have even gone to overtime because TOSU got screwed 3 times on the same play with 1:50 left in regulation that would have allowed them run the clock out.

TOSU played one of the best teams of all time. They didn't get the benefit of a 4 year starting QB being knocked out in the first series, or playing a lucky ND team that had come off a mediocre season the previous year or the opportunity to play a team they had already faced allGIFTS that Bama has been given in their recent NCs

So what are you saying? You want to compare your ONE National Championship in past 50 years because it was just totally awesome dude to our 4 in the past 6 years if we win this year? If we don't, just our 1973,1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 20011, and 2012 since OSU's last one? However, Alabama got lucky ass breaks in all of them. Right? I think they have a name for that disease! :L

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some of your other comments might be right but he did not interfere. There is no doubt. Go look at it over and over again and quit being a homer!!! :nod:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of your other comments might be right but he did not interfere. There is no doubt. Go look at it over and over again and quit being a homer!!! :nod:

He held and interfered. Just get over it. It wasn't like they didn't have a chance to still win the game.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, Alabama is lucky that the rest of college football sucks very bad.

:rollseyes:

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was holding onto Gamble while the ball was in the air it was Pass interference, it was defensive holding and it was roughing the passer and facemask all against Miami.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was holding onto Gamble while the ball was in the air it was Pass interference, it was defensive holding and it was roughing the passer and facemask all against Miami.

The only people who think this is the entire OSU fanbase. Go figure? :noidea:

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with most of what you say but if you think beating: Navy, Va Tech bad loss, Kent St, Cincy, Maryland, Rutgers, Penn St, Illinois. Lets stop here and have you tell me your analysis and who the best teams OSU beat is to this point?

Michigan St, Minnesota, Indiana, Michigan, a patched up Wisconsin line up.(but 59-0 is good). Really a lot of hail marys answered. (which I've seen Bama do so maybe a concern). If smart OSU will go over the top a lot!

Now if playing basketball you have a pretty good resume. However, playing football leaves a ton of questions. Your analysis please!

Looking at Alabama's schedule the same could be done.

WV - who's best win was Baylor, then lost to Oklahoma & Texas
Fl Atl, Southern Miss,
Squeaking by Arky who with a coach who had yet to win in the SEC since he started
LSU in OT; Les Miles throwing that game away in which a lot of Alabama fans were saying 'it was expected; team isn't #1 or the best in the game thread on here'
then to taking on W. Carolina in late Nov.

Your loss is certainly better than the train wreck VT is, but Ole Miss also fizzed out at the end of the year.

Anyways all that is just what it is... the games that were played and the results to which brought these two teams together.

I wouldn't expect another performance from Jones like he had in the BIG CCG, especially for 4 quarters. Alabama would easily be able to adjust to that, unless your secondary was drinking the waters our was drinking the previous 2 years.

I honestly don't know how this game will go, so many things could happen... it'll probably come down to one big mistake, one big turn over. Ohio State has to win it though for it to mean anything. They could lose 43-42 on the last play and it would be the same ol' story that's been painted against them.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go ahead and make up whatever false information you want to make yourself feel better about it. The better team won that night.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas to both Bama and Bucks fans

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas to Buckeyes and Alabama fans as well. And Happy New Years to Buckeye fans. Sorry Bama fans I hope your New Years Days sucks.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have fun with all this and we should. These are all only our opinions. With that said, I do not see the talk that Bama is #1 or IF there is a team trending towards a being a clear cut #1 it's Bama. I think all these teams are pretty equal. I do think if Bama doesn't beat themselves they will win but they are probably the only team in the playoff with a negative (-1) turnover margin. That could come back and cost them! The best attribute they have is they can beat you almost any phase on any given night. One night-balanced offense, another-defense, another-kicking game, another- running, another-passing. When it all come together are the fun nights for Alabama fans! They are not weak in any area consistently. If there is one it is the deep pass. The things Cardale Jones did in the B1G CG. Hopefully Bama will be ready. My early prediction subject to change:

Alabama 31
Ohio St 20

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry bamatee but it's not just the ohio state fan base. I remember watching the game. I've also seen the replays and break down if the play. Gamble was interfered with and there were several penalties on that play. There was also a bad call that favored Miami late in that game on what shod have been an OSU reception for a first down. I'm not an OSU fan but they did legitimately win that game. I did pill for Bama vs Notre Dame. I do think they deserved to be in most if their national championship runs with the exception of the rematch bowl. Okie lite got shafted on that one

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry bamatee but it's not just the ohio state fan base. I remember watching the game. I've also seen the replays and break down if the play. Gamble was interfered with and there were several penalties on that play. There was also a bad call that favored Miami late in that game on what shod have been an OSU reception for a first down. I'm not an OSU fan but they did legitimately win that game. I did pill for Bama vs Notre Dame. I do think they deserved to be in most if their national championship runs with the exception of the rematch bowl. Okie lite got shafted on that one

Good post! tOSU did deserve to win that game. I was pulling for them. I only said it was not interference which it was not.(IMO). Only other disagreement I have, and I realize rematches are not high on anyone's list, but there are exceptions. That rematch does not take place if Okie St beats Iowa St, a team they're favored in by 26 points! Maybe they couldn't handle the spotlight or target on their back. You know the target that many teams have no clue about. The target Alabama has played with on their back every game for the past 6 or 7 years!

There was absolutely no doubt the two best teams played in that game. A year there was a large gap between the 3rd place team! :nod:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post! tOSU did deserve to win that game. I was pulling for them. I only said it was not interference which it was not.(IMO). Only other disagreement I have, and I realize rematches are not high on anyone's list, but there are exceptions. That rematch does not take place if Okie St beats Iowa St, a team they're favored in by 26 points! Maybe they couldn't handle the spotlight or target on their back. You know the target that many teams have no clue about. The target Alabama has played with on their back every game for the past 6 or 7 years!

There was absolutely no doubt the two best teams played in that game. A year there was a large gap between the 3rd place team! :nod:

I know the target well. I still think it's arguable that okie state deserved to be there on a couple accounts though. The game the list was decided on a missed field goal tbe was very questionable. It actually appeared to be good. They did have a conference championship which to me should hold a higher value. And it came down to the coaches and ap poll. Strange year not big on rematches

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Herbstreit come out and said Bama has no chance, yet?

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hate to be a suckeye fan, just waiting for the inevitable.. Crier and the suckeyes will hang their heads in shame after Bama waxes em