• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama cancels Home & Home with Michigan State

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that is clear to me is Alabama likes to get paid...last I checked two neutral site games with a big money payday pays better than a home game followed by an away game. Alabama stood to gain as much financially from the VT game as from a similar home game...without a lot of the related expenses.

Maybe we should borrow a page from the USC playbook...play an always overrated Notre Lame team every year, they home and homes with the Syracuse, Virginia and Hawaii's of the world and then brag about all our "tough" road games...oops sorry can't count Syracuse...you played them at a 'neutral' site.

I can see that now Alabama fans are starting to admit that, not only are they cowards, but greedy money grubbers as well.

Yo, Tide fans, I thought that football was a sport, you know, if you claim to be best go anywhere and play the best. Now the motto is only play conference games and hire hookers, er, small schools with bad records, to come to Tuscaloosa because the Tide Administration knows that Bama fans are suckers enough to buy those tickets for those glorified scrimmages.

No, it seems that football is not a sport down there. It's business and religion. Oh, and watching grown men pick on little kids as well. Bring on those Chattanooga Choo-choos, the CSU lambs, and I don't even know what the mascot of Georgia St. is, do you?

Last edited by a moderator:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ho hum...another basement cyber success story...

Too funny and just as wrong, troll-boy. I graduated from UT. They gave me such a
good education that I retired at 43 and haven't worked for $ in almost 14 years.

{automated response}
We appreciate your concerns.
Special envoy H2S is presently in Stockholm - to receive his 5th Nobel - after which his itinerary includes golfing with his friend (and debtor) the Sultan of Brunei, addressing the World Court at the Hague and attending Mack Brown's wake in Austin.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
{automated response}
We appreciate your concerns.
Special envoy H2S is presently in Stockholm - to receive his 5th Nobel - after which his itinerary includes golfing with his friend (and debtor) the Sultan of Brunei, addressing the World Court at the Hague and attending Mack Brown's wake in Austin.

I see you can't handle truth.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that now Alabama fans are starting to admit that, not only are they cowards, but greedy money grubbers as well.

Yo, Tide fans, I thought that football was a sport, you know, if you claim to be best go anywhere and play the best. Now the motto is only play conference games and hire hookers, er, small schools with bad records, to come to Tuscaloosa because the Tide Administration knows that Bama fans are suckers enough to buy those tickets for those glorified scrimmages.

No, it seems that football is not a sport down there. It's business and religion. Oh, and watching grown men pick on little kids as well. Bring on those Chattanooga Choo-choos, the CSU lambs, and I don't even know what the mascot of Georgia St. is, do you?

Just a matter of time til Boise is on the schedule the way things are going.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same old smiles same old boring shit...enjoy your irrelevance. Way to use a discussion about a neutral site game versus a top ten team to further your Bronco Manifesto.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a matter of time til Boise is on the schedule the way things are going.

You bet, we'll come there, you come here. Even Michigan St. had the balls to do that. Not going to happen any time soon, I'd wager. Boise tried to get a game in 2010, but Mal Moore, rest his soul, was forced to spin what happened in the media (he never lied, but he certainly wasn't forthright either), and ended up playing Kent St. while Boise beat Georgia. At least UGA is willing to take a chance.

So I'm not holding my breath for the Tide to show up. Hey if you can get voted #1 playing FCS teams, why not?

I know, you get irritated having this pointed out about how the Tide schedules. But maybe you'll admit that when it comes to gaming the system, you guys have it figured out. Who cares if it makes you greedy cowards, right?

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same old smiles same old boring shit...enjoy your irrelevance. Way to use a discussion about a neutral site game versus a top ten team to further your Bronco Manifesto.

Can't even get your facts straight. Bama cancelled a home & home with Sparty, but they certainly haven't announced an end to those endless contests with FCS and last place MAC teams, have they>

Yup, when you can't deny the facts, nor answer the question, try attacking the messenger, or that failing the team that this person supports.

Real brave, Tide fan, real brave. Now try answering the question. Are the people who schedule the Tide's OOC schedule men or mice?

Come on, squeak up!:lol:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't even get your facts straight. Bama cancelled a home & home with Sparty, but they certainly haven't announced an end to those endless contests with FCS and last place MAC teams, have they>

Yup, when you can't deny the facts, nor answer the question, try attacking the messenger, or that failing the team that this person supports.

Real brave, Tide fan, real brave. Now try answering the question. Are the people who schedule the Tide's OOC schedule men or mice?

Come on, squeak up!:lol:

The facts were my post never addressed the MSU game at all...I was responding to a post about our string of neutral site games....Maybe since you do it so often you don't even recognize somebody else's post when it is off topic...

But since MSU was the only game on the 2016 schedule I guess your point about all the FCS type teams is moot. But continue making it ad nauseum we will all wait patiently for you to make a meaningful contribution to this or any other thread.

BTW, I really don't give a fuck if Mickey Mouse does our scheduling as long as it puts us in the best position to win a national championship...just as Boise does...

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that is clear to me is Alabama likes to get paid...last I checked two neutral site games with a big money payday pays better than a home game followed by an away game. Alabama stood to gain as much financially from the VT game as from a similar home game...without a lot of the related expenses.

Maybe we should borrow a page from the USC playbook...play an always overrated Notre Lame team every year, they home and homes with the Syracuse, Virginia and Hawaii's of the world and then brag about all our "tough" road games...oops sorry can't count Syracuse...you played them at a 'neutral' site.

yeah sure ill admit since the pete carroll era ended usc OOC schedule has been less than stellar. but during his tenure, home and home with ohio st, Nebraska, Arkansas, shutout auburn at home.. now what has Alabama done on road in last 10 years in non conference play to match that?

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah sure ill admit since the pete carroll era ended usc OOC schedule has been less than stellar. but during his tenure, home and home with ohio st, Nebraska, Arkansas, shutout auburn at home.. now what has Alabama done on road in last 10 years in non conference play to match that?

So you want to hang your hat on 4 games in 10 years. Be my guest, brag away. BTW Nice bragging about shutting out an 8-5 Auburn team that finished the year unranked...same with both Nebraska teams. So you have two road wins against ranked opponents...shall we start the parade now.

Personally I can think of 2 road games that were slightly more impressive than anything Pete did... 2009 in Pasadena and 2012 in Miami. I would have included 2011 in New Orleans, but that was of course not out of conference.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF YOU'VE GOT TO EAT A TURD SANDWICH, THERE'S NO SENSE IN NIBBLING!

So stop nibbling. Admit it. Alabama schedules the only games it controls like greedy cowards. Your team canceled what looked like the only decent road game on its schedule looking forward.

Put all the mayo on it that you want, it's still a turd sandwich. Alabama did what it did. They canceled the game. It seems like the only way you are going to get them to play anyone outside the SEC with a pulse is if you give them a neutral site game in a friendly venue that is a closer drive for them than for the opponent. This year they are playing FCS teams and a really bad FBS one. It's not my opinion, it is a fact.

Eat it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So stop nibbling. Admit it. Alabama schedules the only games it controls like greedy cowards. Your team canceled what looked like the only decent road game on its schedule looking forward.

Put all the mayo on it that you want, it's still a turd sandwich. Alabama did what it did. They canceled the game. It seems like the only way you are going to get them to play anyone outside the SEC with a pulse is if you give them a neutral site game in a friendly venue that is a closer drive for them than for the opponent. This year they are playing FCS teams and a really bad FBS one. It's not my opinion, it is a fact.

Eat it.

That really hurts..... coming from a BSu fan and all.