• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama cancels Home & Home with Michigan State

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just do not know if he is good on his own merits or good because Saban behind him

I'm sure working with Saban has made him better but Saban probably wouldn't still have him around if he wasn't a good coach and recruiter. :noidea:

Cane

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear they are trying to schedule Savannah St.

Twice!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of Sparty fans who are not going to like this. In EL, Saban is the devil. This isn't going to help.

Fuck Sparty fans, this pisses me off.

This is exactly what I've worried about with all the bigger conferences and playoffs. Pussification of college football schedules kicks into high gear.

Way to go greedy fucks.

tshirt

hot dogs mmm
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama will likely be on probation then, less scholarships, etc, so they need to compensate by lightening up the schedule as much as possible

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is exactly what I've worried about with all the bigger conferences and playoffs. Pussification of college football schedules kicks into high gear.

Way to go greedy fucks.

pisses me off too, and "satan :nod: saban's" got little to do with it (although his stank hangs all over this cancellation)...

it's about honoring your commitments (there goes another southern misconception)...Bama probably figured they'd smother MSU again anyway - but knew the team'd be beaten up but good doing it in the first game of the year...and

Fuck Tide fans!

:suds:

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is just some BS excuse for them canceling the games because I certainly do not want the SEC to go to a 9 game schedule.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama still has WVU (lol) next season and Wisconsin in 2015 scheduled........ for now. :plotting:
Don't miss the trip to Morgantown had some buddies that went the pictures were hysterical.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
Joke, but both have 2 of the more respected DC in the country. I would take Narduzzi over Smart though.

But what you forget is that Saban + Smart > Narduzzi. Saban is a defensive oriented coach. Always has been.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Way to go greedy fucks.

Be glad you don't have a neutral IC game and an OOC annual rival game every year like we do with UF and GaTech. The UF game takes away a home game every other year, which makes it less likely we would schedule an H&A. Playing Tech every year tightens it up even more if we go to a 9 game IC schedule.

9 SEC games means you alternate 5 H, 4 A. For us we will make it so that the GaTech game is home in the years we have 4 H IC games. That gives is 5 H games out of 10. However, one of those H games isn't in Athens ... it's in Jacksonville. This means we have to have the other 2 games be home games all the time in order to get to 7 games in Athens. The AD already said he has to look out for Athens and the businesses there. I can't see them doing only 5 home games, ever.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see LSU canceling games against Oklahoma and Wisconsin...

Hopefully not.

We can't wait to host you guise up here in Norman.

We have Lysol.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it have something to do with Saban not wanting to go back to East Lansing? yes, I know they said the 9 game scheduling coming up, but is there another reason is what I am wondering.

Not to mention, in 2016 the B1G could be a SIXTEEN team conference.

Saban's Head Coach Record at Michigan State

1995–1997 – Beginning in 1995, Saban moderately improved MSU's fortunes, taking the Spartans to minor bowl games (all of which they lost by double-digit margins) in each of his first three seasons. From 1995 to 1997, Michigan State finished 6–5–1, 6–6, and 7–5. In comparison, MSU had finished 5–6, 6–6 and 5–6 (prior to NCAA forfeits) in 1992–1994.

1998 – On November 7, 1998, the Spartans upset the No. 1 ranked Ohio State 28–24 at Ohio Stadium. However, even after the upset and an early-season rout of then-highly-ranked Notre Dame the Spartans finished 6–6, including three last-minute losses featuring turnovers, defensive lapses, and special-teams misplays, and failed to earn a bowl invitation.

1999 – Saban led the Spartans to a 9–2 season that included wins over Notre Dame, Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State. However, the two losses were routs at the hands of Purdue and Wisconsin. Following the final regular-season game against Penn State, Saban abruptly resigned to accept the head coaching position with LSU. Saban's assistant head coach and successor, Bobby Williams, then coached MSU to a Citrus Bowl victory over Florida, giving the Spartans an overall record of 10–2 for the 1999 season. It would be the best season in terms of wins for the Spartans since 1965, and it would see the Spartans reach their highest ranking since the 1966 team.[20] Future NFL Head Coach Josh McDaniels served as a Graduate Assistant on Saban's 1999 coaching staff.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully not.

We can't wait to host you guise up here in Norman.

We have Lysol.

Man, going up their would make me more uneasy than going to Wisky. I get this vibe that Sooners really don't like the Tiger fans. After the true or exaggerated "horror stories" i heard about 2003 and some of the hate spoken about our baseball series on landthieves. The pregame could get ugly and if we win i'm sure the post game would be horrible.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, going up their would make me more uneasy than going to Wisky. I get this vibe that Sooners really don't like the Tiger fans. After the true or exaggerated "horror stories" i heard about 2003 and some of the hate spoken about our baseball series on landthieves. The pregame could get ugly and if we win i'm sure the post game would be horrible.

Getting an SEC team on our home turf?

That's four-leaf clover shit right there. That's getting a bj AND a reach-around for Steak and BJ Day. That's getting too much change back at Punjab Pete's Squishee Mart when you're buying your orange Zig Zags and the latest copy of BIG TATTOOED BIKER CHICK FUNBAG MAGAZINE bro...you don't know. :yahoo:

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. Wisconsin gets a LSU Bama LSU sammich to choke on.

sexy-lsu-girls-23.jpg
1Alabama_display_image.jpg
lsu-23.jpg

nice sandwich......

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting an SEC team on our home turf?

That's four-leaf clover shit right there. That's getting a bj AND a reach-around for Steak and BJ Day. That's getting too much change back at Punjab Pete's Squishee Mart when you're buying your orange Zig Zags and the latest copy of BIG TATTOOED BIKER CHICK FUNBAG MAGAZINE bro...you don't know. :yahoo:

Well, get ready cause in 5 years it will be happening. :suds:

highly doubt it. LSU actually has balls.

Damn straight Duck! :suds:

sexy-lsu-girls-23.jpg
1Alabama_display_image.jpg
lsu-23.jpg

nice sandwich......

don't even have to say it. 3x wood and a third beer to boot :suds: