• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alabama cancels Home & Home with Michigan State

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heered that they won't care about winning your conference.

Whatever the reason, I'm about 98% sure that this has nothing to do with Bama being scared of Michigan State, but it most likely does have something to do with setting themselves up for the playoffs somehow.

Not directly about winning your conference(thank god), but I'm sure indirectly it will have some meaning. I mean I can see a team getting in without winning the conference if they happen to barely lose their conference championship game but are undefeated otherwise and the other team that wins is like 10-3 at the time. While I can't see a 13-0 SEC champion being looked over for any reason, even if on a weaker OOC schedule. And that's not just SEC, although SEC would right now be the strongest.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate when teams schedule games like these...

Portland St.
Idaho St.
Eastern Washington

Then surround them with games vs Hawaii or Utah St. and it supposedly makes their schedule so much greater....

Or hell, just filling your ooc with San Diego St., syracuse, Minnesota Golden Gophers....that makes it so much better.

But I guess if your team ain't that good, then these will be decent games.

Of which...2-3 stated teams above would probably give the Tide a run for their FCS money...@ Bama's house no less!:laugh3:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By listening to Yeo, you'd think Oregon has actually played somebody.

Yeah, I don't mind saying Alabama's schedule is weak when it is. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit and listen to someone who's team has a much worse schedule sit around and bag on it.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't mind saying Alabama's schedule is weak when it is. But I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit and listen to someone who's team has a much worse schedule sit around and bag on it.

I guess that's his "thing", you see a Bama or SEC thread and you'll see Yeo in there bagging on something.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

oh jeezuz, don't give them Ducks any ideas, lest they follow Alabama's copout lead by cancelling their 2014-15 H&A with MSU too.

:gaah:

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sexy-lsu-girls-23.jpg
1Alabama_display_image.jpg
lsu-23.jpg

nice sandwich......

bump

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Alabama plays safe with schedule, college football misses Pete Carroll's fearlessness

Y! SPORTS

Well I liked the article anyway...

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it ALWAYS a neutral site. I mean sure I guess its better than nothing. just seems to be pretty clear that Alabama prefers to avoid playing true road games. penn st a few years ago was only road game they had in non conference play in like 10 years. yeah we get it alabamas the best right now...but maybe just maybe its more the formula for success, winning at the vote box than on the field.

Probably has a lot to do with recruiting would be my guess. Bama's previous neutral site games were in hot recruiting ground (Dallas and Atlanta). Not exactly a huge number of 4 and 5 star recruits to look at in the Northeast. And probably not a lot in East Lansing either.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh jeezuz, don't give them Ducks any ideas, lest they follow Alabama's copout lead by cancelling their 2014-15 H&A with MSU too.

:gaah:

... and no one other than me wonders if the BTN conference contract is responsible.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... and no one other than me wonders if the BTN conference contract is responsible.

Wouldn't a game of this caliber be on a major network?

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you're probably right - about being the only one who wonders that. :L

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
troll or another non-thinking poster?
... doesn't matter either way ...

a Longhorn fan (who probably buys his school allegiance at the local Walmart and is still dreaming of that elusive GED) slithers onto an MSU-ALABAMA thread...drools a jaw-dropping stupid assumption about cfb broadcast rights...then wets his panties when he cops a brain spanking?

good stuff.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why is it ALWAYS a neutral site. I mean sure I guess its better than nothing. just seems to be pretty clear that Alabama prefers to avoid playing true road games. penn st a few years ago was only road game they had in non conference play in like 10 years. yeah we get it alabamas the best right now...but maybe just maybe its more the formula for success, winning at the vote box than on the field.

The only thing that is clear to me is Alabama likes to get paid...last I checked two neutral site games with a big money payday pays better than a home game followed by an away game. Alabama stood to gain as much financially from the VT game as from a similar home game...without a lot of the related expenses.

Maybe we should borrow a page from the USC playbook...play an always overrated Notre Lame team every year, they home and homes with the Syracuse, Virginia and Hawaii's of the world and then brag about all our "tough" road games...oops sorry can't count Syracuse...you played them at a 'neutral' site.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a Longhorn fan (who probably buys his school allegiance at the local Walmart and is still dreaming of that elusive GED) slithers onto an MSU-ALABAMA thread...drools a jaw-dropping stupid assumption about cfb broadcast rights...then wets his panties when he cops a brain spanking?

good stuff.

Too funny and just as wrong, troll-boy. I graduated from UT. They gave me such a good education that I retired at 43 and haven't worked for $ in almost 14 years.