• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Al Rodriguez Should Be Banned For Life

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, you are not the GM. But your outrage should be consistent. Claiming that a hitting coach is no longer playing therefore should not matter whether he took steroids or not or because he apologized and repented it ameliorated years of denial, obfuscation and refusal to testify truthfully before a Congressional hearing.

Do not mistake my calm and collective approach as being okay with the hiring of McGwire. I was not happy at all with him being hired. Not happy at all. It isn't quite the same though as being a player even though I don't think any of them should be allowed back into the sport. Atleast it would be consistent with how Pete Rose was treated. If they are going to be allowed back, I guess it might as well be the Dodgers. I am not convinced that McGwire as a hitting coach has had a huge impact as some might think. The new owners of the Dodgers spent big money and took a huge gamble on some injured players making a full recovery. I think a lot of the Dodgers sucess has to do with a good manager and good players.

You're right that the apology doesn't quite cut the mustard and his refusal to testify before the congress was also appalling . Lets just hope he isn't teaching these players how to juice without getting caught and really is honest about being honest. It's not much but it's all we got for now

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant stand arod but the whole 200+ game ban is a complete joke imo. he should be getting, at worst, 65 like braun. This is Selig pounding his chest again pretending like he trying to protect the game. If this was the catcher from the yanks (cervilli) that did the same thing as arod, he would just be getting the 50 game ban. hell melky made a frickin fake website to try to make himself look innocent. No one likes arod so lets make him the scapegoat for the league. embarrassing.

Well, I cant stand Braun, but his extra time is because he lied last year and got away with it. The extra time is admitting he cheated. I think anyone who was investigated before that was not caught thumbed their nose at baseball and deserve more time. I think Braun deserved 100 games, but he assisted the investigation *-Rod interfered with the investigation. *-Rod also admitted cheating in 2009 and was not punished. You can tack that on too. Braun helped baseball get the other 12 players banned.

The best thing that can happen to stop PED's in baseball is voiding the last 100 million of the contract and suing *-Rod for some of the 425 million he was already paid back. I think the yankees should bench him too.

I would like to copyright *-Rod at this time too lol..

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I cant stand Braun, but his extra time is because he lied last year and got away with it. The extra time is admitting he cheated. I think anyone who was investigated before that was not caught thumbed their nose at baseball and deserve more time. I think Braun deserved 100 games, but he assisted the investigation *-Rod interfered with the investigation. *-Rod also admitted cheating in 2009 and was not punished. You can tack that on too. Braun helped baseball get the other 12 players banned.

The best thing that can happen to stop PED's in baseball is voiding the last 100 million of the contract and suing *-Rod for some of the 425 million he was already paid back. I think the yankees should bench him too.

I would like to copyright *-Rod at this time too lol..

yes because these circumstances are all lined out in the cba and not arbitrary at all..... :L

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Selig is the most hypocritical commissioner to ever come along. Some of us were old enough to see Selig vigorously defend McGwire in 1998 when an Associated Press reporter found "Andro" pills, Androstenedione, a testosterone precursor in McGwire's locker room.

"Selig and the head of the players union, Donald Fehr, issued a joint statement that attempted to dampen interest in the drug issue that might distract attention from McGwire’s home run quest: "In recent days there have been press reports concerning the use of certain nutritional supplements by major league players. The substances in question are available over the counter and are not regulated by the Food and Drug Administration. In view of these facts, it seems inappropriate that such reports should overshadow the accomplishments of players such as Mark McGwire."

Now he is acting as if he is for the integrity of the game with his feigned outrage. What a hypocrite.

Who wouldn't have defended him? He was using something you could buy over the counter. I was taking Andro during that time too before I even knew he was taking them.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who wouldn't have defended him? He was using something you could buy over the counter. I was taking Andro during that time too before I even knew he was taking them.

The media. It knew Andro is a precursor drug to testosterone. Why do you think the AP writer who found it was shocked and tried to make a big deal out of it if it is something innocuous that because you can buy over the counter it has no effect and now it does? In 1994, the FBI nailed Canseco and McGwire with drug use on the BALCO equivalent at the time called "Operation Equine." The hypocrites in the media and Bud Selig were all silent.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Ryan Fraud is getting off light. He got off on a technicality and them was an arrogant prick when he had his interview after the ruling. Them its proven that he was juicing and he still acts like an arrogant prick.

If anybody should be banned for life, this is the one.

Willing to ruin the career and reputation of another man just so he would not have to own up to doing roids....

I could care less about the roiders but the way Braun was so willing to throw that lab guy under the bus....

I don't wish horrible injury on any player ....

but with this piece of shit I am willing to make an exception.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Willing to ruin the career and reputation of another man just so he would not have to own up to doing roids....

I could care less about the roiders but the way Braun was so willing to throw that lab guy under the bus....

:agree:

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That air of entitlement that famous people sometimes have gives off the stench of rotting death. As such, I always love when the mighty fall hard.

Swangin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media. It knew Andro is a precursor drug to testosterone. Why do you think the AP writer who found it was shocked and tried to make a big deal out of it if it is something innocuous that because you can buy over the counter it has no effect and now it does? In 1994, the FBI nailed Canseco and McGwire with drug use on the BALCO equivalent at the time called "Operation Equine." The hypocrites in the media and Bud Selig were all silent.

I was talking more about anyone that would have been playing role of commissioner. If I'm a manager and media tried to say my player was doing something wrong by taking Andro during that time, I would have defended him too. Not only was the drug policy not in place yet, Andro was being sold over the counter. The FDA didn't even ban it till the 2000's. We all know everyone turned a blind eye to steroid use for years. I'm just talking about this particular situation. I don't think it's one that Selig should have stones thrown at him for. A player was taking something that was sold over the counter like Creatine pills, or any other legal supplement.