• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Alex Cora to be banned for life by MLB, and he SHOULD resign

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but he wont...sox should just fire him and do the right thing.

no announcement yet on a lifetime ban, but its coming...and its due. it has to happen.

as a sox fan, I'm ashamed. its a tainted title to me.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away all Boston and fox borough titles.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, these penalties in place now won't cut it. Commissioner needs to go too.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no announcement yet on a lifetime ban, but its coming...and its due. it has to happen.

Source?

I am in favor of it. Same for Hinch

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take away all Boston and fox borough titles.
nah, educated fans know the pats really did little wrong (relative to the rest of the league). everyone knows no one filmed the rams walk thru. everyone knows an overinflated football is against the rules like a soft one (like the seattle punter here, look at those fingers get all squishy into that ball. wheres the 4 game ban?)

6_4929506.png

as in, yeah, its football. and teams do what they gotta do. you CAN steal signs in baseball. not illegal. its how its done where the grey area is.

and this isnt grey.

Markwassillylaugher

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cora was the bench coach. He was not the mastermind behind the cheating.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is quite a bit more brazen, serious, and with more tangible unfair advantages than what the Patriots were doing. Not a serious comparison.

Cora should be banned for life.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see @ChiSoxFan lurking....

Wonder if 50 years from now there will be a movie about Cora emerging from a field of sugarcane and shaming Mark Wahlburg into building a baseball field so he can achieve peace in the after life?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is quite a bit more brazen, serious, and with more tangible unfair advantages than what the Patriots were doing. Not a serious comparison.

Cora should be banned for life.
yup

apples and oranges. this is not dancing around a rule. this is cheating so badly your GM smashed the TV twice to send a message (tho i bet he wishes he just fired him at the time).

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Markwassillylaugher

Red Sox's Alex Cora, implicated in MLB report on Astros' cheating scandal, will face penalties soon

Cora is mentioned multiple times and viewed as one of the members of the dugout who spearheaded the scheme. Cora is credited with beginning to call the Astros' replay review room on the replay dugout phone to obtain sign information. Here's more from the report:

"Cora arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros' dugout. (The center field camera was primarily used for player development purposes and was allowed under MLB rules at the time when used for that purpose.) Witnesses have provided largely consistent accounts of how the monitor was utilized. One or more players watched the live feed of the center field camera on the monitor, and after decoding the sign, a player would bang a nearby trash can with a bat to communicate the upcoming pitch type to the batter."

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pffffffttttt. Cora should get the same penalty as hinch at most. Logan Morrison tweeting out that the Astros were doing this back in 2014, prior to Cora. As far as the Sox use of video to try to figure out the opposing sign sequence, it's not even close to real time sign stealing.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pffffffttttt. Cora should get the same penalty as hinch at most. Logan Morrison tweeting out that the Astros were doing this back in 2014, prior to Cora. As far as the Sox use of video to try to figure out the opposing sign sequence, it's not even close to real time sign stealing.
i just read this and sigh

Cora is mentioned multiple times and viewed as one of the members of the dugout who spearheaded the scheme. Cora is credited with beginning to call the Astros' replay review room on the replay dugout phone to obtain sign information. Here's more from the report:

"Cora arranged for a video room technician to install a monitor displaying the center field camera feed immediately outside of the Astros' dugout. (The center field camera was primarily used for player development purposes and was allowed under MLB rules at the time when used for that purpose.) Witnesses have provided largely consistent accounts of how the monitor was utilized. One or more players watched the live feed of the center field camera on the monitor, and after decoding the sign, a player would bang a nearby trash can with a bat to communicate the upcoming pitch type to the batter."

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hows things my man?