• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn’t really bother to address the bullpen this offseason. Big mistake!

Nope and now the pitchers they have in the bullpen (Houk, Whitlock) most likely will be forced into becoming "starters"

Red Sox need to put their hard ons for Sale away!

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope and now the pitchers they have in the bullpen (Houk, Whitlock) most likely will be forced into becoming "starters"

Red Sox need to put their hard ons for Sale away!
houck is already a starter and whitlock is suppose to piggyback Hill:suds:

not much u can do about sale till 2025 with his salary:suds:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
houck is already a starter and whitlock is suppose to piggyback Hill:suds:

not much u can do about sale till 2025 with his salary:suds:

Yeah I just mean he (Houck) would be much better in the bulllpen but they are now forced to make him a starter.. I can't wait till the Red Sox get rid of Sale

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's wrong with it?

What's right with it?

Where's Gleyber-one of their hottest hitters this spring?

Why is Hicks starting when he's proven himself to be a 4th OF? Stanton looked great in the OF all spring, and either Judge or Gallo can play a capable CF.

If this lineup is an indication, we're in for a long season of Boone bullshit.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's right with it?

Where's Gleyber-one of their hottest hitters this spring?

Why is Hicks starting when he's proven himself to be a 4th OF? Stanton looked great in the OF all spring, and either Judge or Gallo can play a capable CF.

If this lineup is an indication, we're in for a long season of Boone bullshit.
I think the Stanton thing is due to the size of LF in Yankee stadium. If this was Fenway he's probably in left. I'll take DJ over Gleyber in most cases and I'd need too see their numbers against the pitcher. Maybe Gleyber doesn't hit him.

But don't worry about the Hicks thing, he'll be hurt in a day or two anyway

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another future dodger

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman confirmed Friday that the team and Aaron Judge were unable to come to an agreement on a long-term contract extension.​

The two sides plan to table talks until the offseason. Cashman revealed that the team's final offer to Judge was for seven years and $213.5 million, which would have been on top of what he would make in 2022 via arbitration (either $17 million or $21 million). The AAV for Judge would be $30.5 million, which would have been a bit more than what Mookie Betts makes on a yearly basis (Betts, of course, signed for 12 years).

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another future dodger

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman confirmed Friday that the team and Aaron Judge were unable to come to an agreement on a long-term contract extension.​

The two sides plan to table talks until the offseason. Cashman revealed that the team's final offer to Judge was for seven years and $213.5 million, which would have been on top of what he would make in 2022 via arbitration (either $17 million or $21 million). The AAV for Judge would be $30.5 million, which would have been a bit more than what Mookie Betts makes on a yearly basis (Betts, of course, signed for 12 years).

They can start their own team like the NBA......

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another future dodger

And here's the cherry on top of the shit sundae

catman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another future dodger

The guys on MLB Network this morning were discussing the deadline and agreed that negotiating a 9-figure deal during the season wouldn't be a bad thing. If Cashman offers Judge's people a $400MM/8 year deal, they'll take it. Yes, I know Judge is almost 30 and this is a fictional offer.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys on MLB Network this morning were discussing the deadline and agreed that negotiating a 9-figure deal during the season wouldn't be a bad thing. If Cashman offers Judge's people a $400MM/8 year deal, they'll take it. Yes, I know Judge is almost 30 and this is a fictional offer.
50m a season for shrek....gtfo. if they get close to 30m he will sign.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like a fair offer to me for a guy his age who has had some injury issues. He's taking quite the chance rolling the dice that he doesn't get hurt. I'm not going to bash the Yanks on this one. That contract take him to 38 years old.