• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE'RE BACK FUCK THE REST OF YOU GO SOX

<3

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fellas. Hope you all had a good Winter. So glad to see that baseball is back. I really expected it to be June 1st before we saw any games. Baseball actually got it right for once. With no COVID issues, we can finally have a normal Opening Day with full stadiums for the first time in years. Glad they were able to realize that and get the games moving.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe at some point in 2022 he's going to stick it squarely up the Yanks ass.
I’ll take your action on this one. Greg Bird is probably the most overrated Yankees prospect since Kevin Maas. He won’t stick it to anyone this year. Bird hasn’t even played in the Majors since 2019(and even THAT was a cup of coffee). I think you can rest easy.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ll take your action on this one. Greg Bird is probably the most overrated Yankees prospect since Kevin Maas. He won’t stick it to anyone this year. Bird hasn’t even played in the Majors since 2019(and even THAT was a cup of coffee). I think you can rest easy.

And I think you are severely underestimating former Yankees' penchant for haunting their original club. At some point, he'll get a big hit against them. Not an iota of doubt in my mind.

And welcome back.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yanks allegedly hard on Freeman.

Can't see him leaving Atlanta, but I guess you never know.
Why can’t you see him leaving Atlanta? Is Freeman going to pass on a dump truck full of money? If the Yankees are serious here, they can outspend Atlanta by a comical amount. I’m just not sure the Yankees want to give Freeman 7-8 years??? And wouldn’t that mean they can’t re-sign Judge?

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the Universal DH will be in place...about 20 years after everyone knew it was needed.

I’m guessing the robo ump will take a while longer, as well, even though it is the most obvious change needed in the game.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can’t you see him leaving Atlanta? Is Freeman going to pass on a dump truck full of money? If the Yankees are serious here, they can outspend Atlanta by a comical amount. I’m just not sure the Yankees want to give Freeman 7-8 years??? And wouldn’t that mean they can’t re-sign Judge?

He's their Judge is why. Like I said, though, you never know. I'd be happy with either him or Olson, depending on the prospect return for Oakland.

Before the lockout, Judge said he wouldn't discuss an extension once the season started, so the next three weeks are going to be very interesting on that front.

Same as Atlanta/Freeman, I don't see anyway the Yankees can let Judge walk.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's their Judge is why. Like I said, though, you never know. I'd be happy with either him or Olson, depending on the prospect return for Oakland.

Before the lockout, Judge said he wouldn't discuss an extension once the season started, so the next three weeks are going to be very interesting on that front.

Same as Atlanta/Freeman, I don't see anyway the Yankees can let Judge walk.
This all makes sense. But there is no way ATL can get into a bidding war with the Yankees if it comes to that. I think the Braves really HAVE to keep Freeman, though. He’s on a HOF track and he doesn’t really strike me as a guy that wants to get every last dollar in the open market. I would guess the Braves end up paying him a monster deal, regardless.

Meanwhile, baseball must be back if the Yankees are rumored to be in on every player.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all makes sense. But there is no way ATL can get into a bidding war with the Yankees if it comes to that. I think the Braves really HAVE to keep Freeman, though. He’s on a HOF track and he doesn’t really strike me as a guy that wants to get every last dollar in the open market. I would guess the Braves end up paying him a monster deal, regardless.

Meanwhile, baseball must be back if the Yankees are rumored to be in on every player.
One last note here on Judge and the “not talking contract once the season starts” routine. I hate this tactic. What’s the point? Why not be open to talking whenever? Always seemed silly to me.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last note here on Judge and the “not talking contract once the season starts” routine. I hate this tactic. What’s the point? Why not be open to talking whenever? Always seemed silly to me.

Yeah, I dunno. I think must they teach it in the rookie camps, because they ALL do it.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jays rumored to be big players still even after sugning gausman

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't the Japanese OF supposed to sign with Boston as soon as the lockout ended?

:noidea:

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-7 inning doubleheaders and the “ghost man” extra inning rule are gone.

-Pitch clock, bigger bases and limits on defensive shifting sound like they could come as soon as this year.

-With the playoffs expanding, there is no more “wild card game”. I actually liked that one.

-Also(and this is an interesting one), starting in 2023, every team will play every other team each season. There will be less intra-division games. This is pretty cool. 19 games against each division opponent always seemed like too many.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jays sign kikuchi

1. Gausman
2. Berrios
3. Manoah
4 Ryu