• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
F Stanton , let him go back to small market team, sorry , but his very hot and very cold streaks are not worth the money

Stanton slugged .516 with a OPS+ of 136.

Think he’s among the least of the worries

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanton slugged .516 with a OPS+ of 136.

Think he’s among the least of the worries
Lol such a weird guy. Yanks finished same record as the As or so if Stanton didn't do what he did the final few months. Stanton officially won me over. He is built for these moments and is a guy you need in October

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees don't make the playoffs without Stanton. Him and Judge were the only things keeping that offense afloat.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a little confused… my apologies as I have said I did not watch much, but I do listen , and it seems to me from what I heard is that the Yankees won most of their games by a run, and as a team had one of the Lowest runs scored all year, if I am correct … so is it Stanton or good pitching that kept team afloat?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a little confused… my apologies as I have said I did not watch much, but I do listen , and it seems to me from what I heard is that the Yankees won most of their games by a run, and as a team had one of the Lowest runs scored all year, if I am correct … so is it Stanton or good pitching that kept team afloat?

Good pitching most of the year. Stanton, Judge, and pitching the final 2 months

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall , Cash has done a good job , but Cyder you are correct.

He needs to go… I thought about the little I do know about the yanks the last few seasons…

The decisions made to get rid of Didi cause he the thought Torres would fit the bill, if I am correct, was probably a big mistake…

As a former SS, you don’t F with that position…

Strong middle and good pitching and timely hitting wins championships..

The yankee middle consisted of Sanchez, soup of the day at short and 2b, and who’s on first in centerfield, are not gonna cut it..

As I said , I know my post is late to the game, but I was hopin to watch a little more yankee ball..

Baseball today again is so weird to me, I only watch the yanks, yesterday I caught a few minutes of the St. Louis dodger game, that player Tyler O’Neil , what the flick is that? A muscle bound baseball player? Even Big Mac didn’t have that look..

What is happening or happened to this game?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pitching most of the year. Stanton, Judge, and pitching the final 2 months

What's crazy is they looked like a team that would slug but the rotation would be an injured mess. The lineup pretty much flopped, but the rotation was quite good despite no Sevy. Gil and Cortes showed a lot of promise. The bullpen also looked good IMO despite Chapman looking pretty meh.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain the Joey Gallo move? Did the Yankees really need another big, slow, stiff that strikes out a zillion times? Rizzo made a ton of sense, for sure, but Gallo? And they gave up some good prospects for him, too.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can anyone explain the Joey Gallo move? Did the Yankees really need another big, slow, stiff that strikes out a zillion times? Rizzo made a ton of sense, for sure, but Gallo? And they gave up some good prospects for him, too.

LH bat amongst the AL leaders in home runs at the time of the trade. Also the Rizzo trade came after the Gallo move. Personally I was not a fan of this trade except for it broke up the string of RH bats in the lineup.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did lead the league in walks and he's a good defensive outfielder. He's also under control for another season.

They needed the lefty bat desperately, and the best prospect in the haul got absolutely torched over 6 starts with Texas.

I didn't realize until I saw Gallo everyday that the dude's wound a bit tight. Nervous tics out the yazoo. Reminds me of Jim Eisenreich.