• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman needs to go:
We had to have Gardy play constantly thanks to the idiotic Hicks contract. Hicks has had 1 good 4 month stretch in his career and is always hurt. How did he think this guy would be our CF for the next decade with a 233 lifetime BA?
We all knew Torres wasn't a SS. Now we'll have to move DJ to 3rd when he's a gold glove 2nd baseman and get a SS. Urchella is not the answer and now won't have a position.
We need a 1st baseman, Voit is not the answer and another one that is always hurt.
We still need lefties. Rizzo is a free agent and doesn't hit righties. Even when he got lefties Cashman got one that ended up hitting .198 and on that doesn't hit righties. Good glove at first but.....
Cashman decided to go with Kluber and Tallion, both of who hadn't pitched in almost 2 years. You take a flyer on one guy fine, not as 40% of the rotation. His history concerning drafting and obtaining starters is beyond pathetic.
We all knew Sanchez was a horrible catcher and now he can't hit either. Glad they got rid of Girardi because he couldn't get along with Sanchez.
Only one of his 1st round picks in the last 10 years (Judge) is in the majors.
And he hired a rotten manager

Last edited:

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman needs to go:
We had to have Gardy play constantly thanks to the idiotic Hicks contract. Hicks has had 1 good 4 month stretch in his career and is always hurt. How did he think this guy would be our CF for the next decade with a 233 lifetime BA?
We all knew Torres wasn't a SS. Now we'll have to move DJ to 3rd when he's a gold glove 2nd baseman and get a SS. Urchella is not the answer and now won't have a position.
We need a 1st baseman, Voit is not the answer and another one that is always hurt.
We still need lefties. Rizzo is a free agent and doesn't hit righties. Even when he got lefties Cashman got one that ended up hitting .198 and on that doesn't hit righties. Good glove at first but.....
Cashman decided to go with Kluber and Tallion, both of who hadn't pitched in almost 2 years. You take a flyer on one guy fine, not as 40% of the rotation. His history concerning drafting and obtaining starters is beyond pathetic.
We all knew Sanchez was a horrible catcher and now he can't hit either. Glad they got rid of Girardi because he couldn't get along with Sanchez.

Time to tear it down......

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Gents. Not here to rub anything in today as I know the Yankees fans on here are some of the best around. I was just curious to see if there were any thoughts on Booney’s “The league has closed the gap on us” quote. What the hell is he talking about?

Also, what do the Yankees do with Judge? I’m assuming they let him play out next year and then try to work out an extension. But if he plays next year anywhere close to this level, he’s going to break the bank and then the Yankees will basically owe $100m/year long-term to Cole, Stanton and Judge. Not sure that’s a good gameplan.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Gents. Not here to rub anything in today as I know the Yankees fans on here are some of the best around. I was just curious to see if there were any thoughts on Booney’s “The league has closed the gap on us” quote. What the hell is he talking about?

Also, what do the Yankees do with Judge? I’m assuming they let him play out next year and then try to work out an extension. But if he plays next year anywhere close to this level, he’s going to break the bank and then the Yankees will basically owe $100m/year long-term to Cole, Stanton and Judge. Not sure that’s a good gameplan.
Boone is a dumb ass. Tampa has been kicking their ass for years now so there was no gap to begin with. Someone needed to say "Hey dumbass, it isn't 2000 anymore".

They have to pay Judge. There will be a fan revolt if they don't unless he makes Cano like demands.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman needs to go:
Cashman IMO has done a very good job…. Yes it’s time to clean house, please sell team to someone who truly cares about winning…

The rest I agree with.. but one thing!
The scouting system sucks more than cashman, no one in system to replace guad awful Gardner…

As far as Sanchez, I have never seen a player play himself out of the bigs quicker than he…. He flat out blows

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I addressed that on here last night

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

F Stanton , let him go back to small market team, sorry , but his very hot and very cold streaks are not worth the money

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cashman IMO has done a very good job…. Yes it’s time to clean house, please sell team to someone who truly cares about winning…

The rest I agree with.. but one thing!
The scouting system sucks more than cashman, no one in system to replace guad awful Gardner…

As far as Sanchez, I have never seen a player play himself out of the bigs quicker than he…. He flat out blows
Cashman is in charge of the scouting so that falls on him as well. It's not like the old days under George when the "brain trust" in Tampa did the scouting and drafting.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m a busy man, BKS. I don’t have the time to scroll through 10 pages of you saying “we suck, no, actually we are good”. What was the gist of your post?

Lmao just that Boone talking like they won a WS recently

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees have too many guys to play at DH/2B/3B. I think they'd be better off trading one of DJL/Gleyber (I'd trade Gleyber) and Voit, and sign a SS (the free agent market is loaded with shortstops)

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees have too many guys to play at DH/2B/3B. I think they'd be better off trading one of DJL/Gleyber (I'd trade Gleyber) and Voit, and sign a SS (the free agent market is loaded with shortstops)
They're going to need a CF too. Hicks will be injured while listening to the national anthem during a spring training game and be out for the season.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're going to need a CF too. Hicks will be injured while listening to the national anthem during a spring training game and be out for the season.

What looked like a good affordable signing at the time, has turned into a nightmare….he makes Biden look stable walking up a flight of stairs…..

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What looked like a good affordable signing at the time, has turned into a nightmare….he makes Biden look stable walking up a flight of stairs…..
I hated the signing from the beginning. The guy just can't stay on the field. It's not like he;s that young either.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 102.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the signing from the beginning. The guy just can't stay on the field. It's not like he;s that young either.

He had a solid 2018 and probably was me hoping/thinking that he would get back to those numbers….6 for $60M seemed great, but the guy is a cripple….Dirt hates him, probably a restraining order involved as well….

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On the bright side Hicks never pulled an ass muscle while walking to the mound. He never sprained his throwing hand in a cab accident outside the stadium, when coming back from the IR.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeMahieu is 33 and signed for 5 more years at big dollars. Good luck moving that contract.

Voit is cheap but can never seem to stay on the field. You’d be selling at the bottom on him.

Torres they probably need to hope rebounds and finds some of what he was 2 years ago. Hard to figure out what happened to him.

They could splurge on a Correa or Seager, but that probably means they can’t extend Judge.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to Frazier and Andujar? It’s like these guys just disappeared off the face of the earth.