• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s not my type of player but to be fair, he’s had a 40/102 season for the Yanks and one pretty incredible October. And if this is a short term injury, he will prob put together a pretty impressive season this year

again I don’t like him, but this hasn’t been Chris Davis by any stretch
When your standard is the worst contract of all time.... LOL.

We’ll see how Stanton ages, I guess. He’s already a full-time DH at age 30 and can’t stay on the field, as is.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting stat at age 27 both davis and stanton led the league in homers and rbis
2017 for stanton 59/132
2013 for davis 53/138

Amazing, there is falling off a cliff than there is Chris Davis, nothing like it I’ve ever seen

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting stat at age 27 both davis and stanton led the league in homers and rbis
2017 for stanton 59/132
2013 for davis 53/138
Well..,they always said 27 was the peak “prime age” for ballplayers. These 2 certainly wouldn’t argue with you.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your standard is the worst contract of all time.... LOL.

We’ll see how Stanton ages, I guess. He’s already a full-time DH at age 30 and can’t stay on the field, as is.

It’s gonna be ugly, but winning a title or 3 is still on the table and will make it sting much less

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s gonna be ugly, but winning a title or 3 is still on the table and will make it sting much less
I think your window is still open for the next couple years. Then everyone will get expensive and/or be free agents. Then paying a zillion dollars to Cole and Stanton(while not showing a willingness to go over the cap) every year will take its toll.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your window is still open for the next couple years. Then everyone will get expensive and/or be free agents. Then paying a zillion dollars to Cole and Stanton(while not showing a willingness to go over the cap) every year will take its toll on payroll.
Ill say this, every single time the Yankees have fallen short this past decade, they were overmatched on the mound in every series they lost....Whether it be the Astros, the Sox, last seasons Rays

This October, assuming they get there, it will be the first time in a while I think they will have the pitching edge against any potential opponent......I think the White Sox are a legt contender, but Giliota has been awful, and Im not sure if Rodon is sustainable.......The Red Sox lineup is legit, but facing that staff in a short series is a dream come true........Toronto similiar.......Oakland always has that Rays thing going on, but the Yankees play well vs them in October.......

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Verdugo at 27 will peak with 16 HR and 55 RBI?
thats $31,250 per homer

stanton with 40 $725,000 per

in 2019 yanks paid $8.7 per homer for stanton what a steal

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats $31,250 per homer

stanton with 40 $725,000 per

in 2019 yanks paid $8.7 per homer for stanton what a steal

Well Verdugos salary lines up with the type of player he is.....The deal Stanton got lined up with the type of player he was at the time he got the deal

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill say this, every single time the Yankees have fallen short this past decade, they were overmatched on the mound in every series they lost....Whether it be the Astros, the Sox, last seasons Rays

This October, assuming they get there, it will be the first time in a while I think they will have the pitching edge against any potential opponent......I think the White Sox are a legt contender, but Giliota has been awful, and Im not sure if Rodon is sustainable.......The Red Sox lineup is legit, but facing that staff in a short series is a dream come true........Toronto similiar.......Oakland always has that Rays thing going on, but the Yankees play well vs them in October.......
Yankees still the heavy favorite from the AL. They always were. Even when the Sox were on fire early their playoff odds were lousy.

Sox are an interesting team in a short series in October IF Sale is able to help(or if they trade for a guy like Scherzer). I’m confident they can hit with anyone.

White Sox are a great case, but hard to see them doing much damage without Jimenez and Robert. Losing one of those guys is hard enough. But I don’t think they can overcome losing both. But maybe 1 or both are back by October??

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Verdugos salary lines up with the type of player he is.....The deal Stanton got lined up with the type of player he was at the time he got the deal
Verdugo’s middle name is “Brady”. Just wanted to make a note of that.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankees still the heavy favorite from the AL. They always were. Even when the Sox were on fire early their playoff odds were lousy.

Sox are an interesting team in a short series in October IF Sale is able to help(or if they trade for a guy like Scherzer). I’m confident they can hit with anyone.

White Sox are a great case, but hard to see them doing much damage without Jimenez and Robert. Losing one of those guys is hard enough. But I don’t think they can overcome losing both. But maybe 1 or both are back by October??

I think the White Sox expect them both back by October

Trades change everything, wonder if a team like the Red Sox would change course and go all in on this season with a guy like Scherzer

Think the Yankees should do it but this ownership is definitely serious about this tax threshold thing

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the White Sox expect them both back by October

Trades change everything, wonder if a team like the Red Sox would change course and go all in on this season with a guy like Scherzer

Think the Yankees should do it but this ownership is definitely serious about this tax threshold thing
Going back to our convo about this being a “rebuilding year” for the Red Sox, it’s amazing how quickly that view did change. Heading into this season I thought they *could* contend for a Wild Card this year(while thinking that NYY and TOR were clearly better- I probably thought TB was better, too, to be honest). Everything points to next year(and beyond) for this Sox team. 2 months ago, I was hoping guys like JDM, Barnes, Richards, Erod & Eovaldi had good starts so they could be flipped at the deadline for prospects. Now I am not sure what to think. A guy like Scherzer(along with a healthy Sale) could really be an issue for a lot of teams. Not sure how they will balance it out. If they fade, those guys could bring some nice returns.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going back to our convo about this being a “rebuilding year” for the Red Sox, it’s amazing how quickly that view did change. Heading into this season I thought they *could* contend for a Wild Card this year(while thinking that NYY and TOR were clearly better- I probably thought TB was better, too, to be honest). Everything points to next year(and beyond) for this Sox team. 2 months ago, I was hoping guys like JDM, Barnes, Richards, Erod & Eovaldi had good starts so they could be flipped at the deadline for prospects. Now I am not sure what to think. A guy like Scherzer(along with a healthy Sale) could really be an issue for a lot of teams. Not sure how they will balance it out. If they fade, those guys could bring some nice returns.

I always thought they would hit, and i even mentioned before the season "Watch out for the Sox any time everyone thinks they will suck"

Boegarts and Devers are super duper stars, and JD doesnt look like he had any dropoff

I still cant believe the rotation is sustainable, and I could be wrong but Im just waiting for the wheels to fall off of Matt Barnes

But in a wide open AL, a couple of surprises like a RIchards or Pivetta, and a trade or 2, and they are right in the mix

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rotation will see some dropoff (their home run prevention doesn't seem that sustainable) but I'm not overly worried about it tanking. I worry more about how the bullpen's going to hold up.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rotation will see some dropoff (their home run prevention doesn't seem that sustainable) but I'm not overly worried about it tanking. I worry more about how the bullpen's going to hold up.
shades of 2013 not many big names in their prime

was anyone scared of this line up

1621334285242.png

or this rotation
1621334341779.png

strength was their BP
1621334427511.png

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That lineup was surprisingly deep. Most of their players with over 100 PA had an OPS+ above 110

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3