• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya, I think Montgomery manages to make 18-20 starts even if they add a pitcher, just seems to always work out that way, especially with the fragility of the staff, maybe some skipped starts for CC

Sonny Gray is an interesting cat for me, was not overly impressed last season

I'm with you there, although they didn't score for him in his starts. Didn't look much like the guy who dominated in Oakland for a few years.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely hate the Darvish rumors........And considering i expect to see Houston for the next 8-10 years, Im pretty sure they own him

They seem really serious about re-setting the luxury tax clock, and they only have like $15M to spend. Unless he'll take a 1 year deal it ain't happening.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you there, although they didn't score for him in his starts. Didn't look much like the guy who dominated in Oakland for a few years.

Think Romine becomes his personal catcher, Sanchez really struggled with all of Grays movement more than anyone on the staff

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping it was just a change of scenery that maybe overwhelmed him....The Bronx can do that to some for the first time.....Hopefully he can settle in and give 6+ innings each start.....He'll have plenty of time to get ready for this season and hopefully he doesn't become Ed Whitson....Dirt's favorite pitcher of all time

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think Romine becomes his personal catcher, Sanchez really struggled with all of Grays movement more than anyone on the staff
There has been some serious talk about removing the blindfold from Sanchez's head this season.....I mean, he was just so painful at times....Cliff Johnson had better skills back there.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping it was just a change of scenery that maybe overwhelmed him....The Bronx can do that to some for the first time.....Hopefully he can settle in and give 6+ innings each start.....He'll have plenty of time to get ready for this season and hopefully he doesn't become Ed Whitson....Dirt's favorite pitcher of all time

I still think it was you that pissed on Ed Whitsons' windshield outside the press gate

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been some serious talk about removing the blindfold from Sanchez's head this season.....I mean, he was just so painful at times....Cliff Johnson had better skills back there.....

Shame too, cause he could have the best cannon in the game

I actually hate that a guy that can be a truly great hitter is a catcher on the yanks......Im watching Posey decline as a player and cant help but think how much of that is attributable to the wear and tear

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But then he throws someone out by 20 feet and you really want him to stick there. That arm is something special, he just has to get better at the blocking. He's actually considered a good pitch-framer already.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually hate that a guy that can be a truly great hitter is a catcher on the yanks......Im watching Posey decline as a player and cant help but think how much of that is attributable to the wear and tear
If he doesn't start to work on his game behind the plate, he'll be a DH with the best arm.....I think he is more lazy than his actual skills.....

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fisk, Ivan Rodriguez, Posada were all able to maintain their bats while catching 120+ games a year. I see no reason why Sanchez can't do the same.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't start to work on his game behind the plate, he'll be a DH with the best arm.....I think he is more lazy than his actual skills.....

Bingo. It's not that he can't get down, it's that he doesn't want to, or thinks he doesn't have to. Then the ball is rolling to the backstop.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisk, Ivan Rodriguez, Posada were all able to maintain their bats while catching 120+ games a year. I see no reason why Sanchez can't do the same.

Where you bat Judge this season?

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad Fisk ended up drunk in a cornfield with Shoeless Joe Jackson.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He sure gave Billy the stomping of his life.....

Sat on Billy's lap for an hour at a card show in AC when I was 10, Mickey to his left, Whitey to his right.....Had some awesome card show memories.......One of my favorite was Pete Rose, my favorite player as a kid, had a strict policy of "no pictures with customers"...My dads' buddy was running the show and asked for a favor to take a picture with me, I have it still today, most miserable image ever of Rose.....In hindsight, i think he wasnt so upset about the picture, he probably lost 10dimes on Wake Forest that day

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs lefties, yeah, I go Judge/Stanton/Sanchez 3-4-5

Vs righties I think you've got to get Bird and Didi in there. Maybe Judge/Didi/Stanton/Bird/Sanchez.

I think Bird will be the best overall hitter on the team

Has there ever been a swing more made for that stadium?

just need him to play 140-150