• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL East Thread

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been this excited for an impending NYY season like this in a long, long time. Only thing that gives me pause is the lack of rotation depth.

I think you guys will be fine. Your 1-5 is pretty damn good and I'd take Montgomery over just about any #5 starter (probably even most #4s). You also have a solid prospect in Chance Adams waiting to get his callup.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't been this excited for an impending NYY season like this in a long, long time. Only thing that gives me pause is the lack of rotation depth.

You still around dude?

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you guys will be fine. Your 1-5 is pretty damn good and I'd take Montgomery over just about any #5 starter (probably even most #4s). You also have a solid prospect in Chance Adams waiting to get his callup.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Montgomery-reminds me so much of a young Andy Pettitte. I haven't seen Adams, but prospect evaluators I respect seem to think he's destined for the pen if he doesn't develop a 3rd pitch. Tanaka pitches much better on extra rest, CC was fantastic last year, but can you bank on that this year? There's a lot that can go wrong with only 4-5 established starters.

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I'm here. I have no idea how these quotes work. Clearly. LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Montgomery-reminds me so much of a young Andy Pettitte. I haven't seen Adams, but prospect evaluators I respect seem to think he's destined for the pen if he doesn't develop a 3rd pitch. Tanaka pitches much better on extra rest, CC was fantastic last year, but can you bank on that this year? There's a lot that can go wrong with only 4-5 established starters.

Can't bank on it but he's in realty our 4th starter so if there is a dropoff, it's not a big deal IMO

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't bank on it but he's in realty our 4th starter so if there is a dropoff, it's not a big deal IMO

I like the rotation better than anyone else's in the division-but I still see potential for problems. If the likes of Luis Cessa have to make multiple starts, it's not going to be good.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miguel Andujar
That's who I want to play there....He just needs to work on his glove, has a solid bat, good pop and I'm just not interested in seeing Frazier there...He's a K-machine, bats in the low .200's and not worth the $10M+ to be a cheerleader....Let the kid get his feet wet, there is plenty of fire power in the lineup for him to blend in....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's who I want to play there....He just needs to work on his glove, has a solid bat, good pop and I'm just not interested in seeing Frazier there...He's a K-machine, bats in the low .200's and not worth the $10M+ to be a cheerleader....Let the kid get his feet wet, there is plenty of fire power in the lineup for him to blend in....

I agree, Even Ronald Torreyes at 3rd until they feel Andujars' glove is good enough, would be fine....I do wonder though if they are comfortable with Gleyber at 2nd and Andujar at 3rd

I am, but being this is the Yanks, Im almost waiting for them to sign a veteran IF

One guy Ive heard who is interesting, is Neil Walker, as insurance in case of a Bird Injury, and/or a non productive start out of 2nd/3rd base

Not terrible

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Even Ronald Torreyes at 3rd until they feel Andujars' glove is good enough, would be fine....I do wonder though if they are comfortable with Gleyber at 2nd and Andujar at 3rd

I am, but being this is the Yanks, Im almost waiting for them to sign a veteran IF

One guy Ive heard who is interesting, is Neil Walker, as insurance in case of a Bird Injury, and/or a non productive start out of 2nd/3rd base

Not terrible
They just signed Danny Espinosa yesterday for some depth as well.....I think their is enough talent where they can take chances and give the youngsters a shot to prove themselves.....

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just signed Danny Espinosa yesterday for some depth as well.....I think their is enough talent where they can take chances and give the youngsters a shot to prove themselves.....

Yup, lineup is so potentially sick, having Andujar/Torryes batting 9th is more than fine...I actually love Ronald Torryes as a #9, that little pesky fuck

Gleyber draws Comps to Carlos Correa, could you imagine that happened in the 2 hole on this team

Jesus

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, lineup is so potentially sick, having Andujar/Torryes batting 9th is more than fine...I actually love Ronald Torryes as a #9, that little pesky fuck

Gleyber draws Comps to Carlos Correa, could you imagine that happened in the 2 hole on this team

Jesus
I love when they pick up Torreyes like a toddler to hi-five Judge.....

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYNasty in the house above ^^^^^^

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not terrible

I know they're holding Gleyber down until at least April 15th so they can control him for an extra year. Haven't heard the same about Andujar, but it stands to reason it'll be the same deal. They'll tread water with some combination of Espinosa/Torreyes/Wade until they reach the magic date.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know they're holding Gleyber down until at least April 15th so they can control him for an extra year. Haven't heard the same about Andujar, but it stands to reason it'll be the same deal. They'll tread water with some combination of Espinosa/Torreyes/Wade until they reach the magic date.

yeah, im hearing Wade is gonna start at 2nd to begin the season.........

Im just still hoping they stand pat on the pitching front and dont make the Darvish mistake......As currently constructed we will definitely be in the thick of it in July, and they can re-visit the trade market than...I hate this idea they "need" to unload Clint Frazier, when we know at some point one of these OF'ers will go down for some period of time

nynasty

nynasty
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,181.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Wade. Hits in AAA, automatic out in the Bigs.

Ellsbury is the extra OF I wish they could move, but that's a pipe dream. For all the good things Cashman has done the last few years, that's the glaring screw-up. I'd be happy if they never signed another Boras client.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of Wade. Hits in AAA, automatic out in the Bigs.

Ellsbury is the extra OF I wish they could move, but that's a pipe dream. For all the good things Cashman has done the last few years, that's the glaring screw-up. I'd be happy if they never signed another Boras client.

Yeah, I dont like Wade, just hearing he is the preferred guy at 2nd, but like you said, only for a couple of weeks most likely

I think they have tried hard behind the scenes to move Ellsbury, obviously picking up a lotta money, but his No Trade seems as much a problem as his propensity to really suck