• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the nature of the beast I suppose. I'm gonna be busy checking to see if there will be good pitching in the playoffs. (Scoping Korean girls)

Fans of teams that have made the playoffs in the ohhhhhh 20 yrs or so, would know theres usually good pitching in the playoffs.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is...Tigers fans do throw out crap statistics and beliefs...every day. They want to believe they have one of the greatest teams we have ever seen but still no championships. If the Tigers were really that great, then why can't they win?....Miggy is having one of the greatest runs we have seen since Pujols, no doubt, but that doesn't make it a great team...just ask Dale Murphy, Carl Yaz, Jim Rice, Vlad, etc...all who also didn't win it.

JV is not having a good year and for Tigers fans to not call JV their number 1? again with the crap infomation...everyone knew going into the year JV was Detroit's number 1, now your bailing on the guy for a bad year, just means they jump ship quickly if needed and yes Shields and Santana are both pitching better than him this season and yes Santana 2008 was also better than JV's...JV's career is still currently better than both but all not finished...I think the Tigers true ace this year is Sanchez, he is having maybe his career year and everyone knows Max is...even history of baseball knows it.

Fister has been injury prone and inconsistant...a number 1 for a few weeks...a number 4 for a few weeks and DL for a few weeks.

Fielder is having a "down" year? but he only had 30 hrs last year...same pace. There are a ton of GMs who would take Hosmer over Fielder every day of the week.

Porcello...Tigers fans saying he will win 250 games in his career? got ya...again more great info

Guess this weekend will be fun to watch.

You are making a huge generalization of tigers fans. I dont think they are the greatest team ever. JV has always been a #1, he hasnt been this year, but so what hes still just fine. Porcello is just fine for a fifth starter And fister for a third or fourth. I see you talking about how incredible the royals are and how they are better positiom to position compared to the tigers and yet you talk about how tigers fans are arrogant? Come on man, how are you supposed to be taken seriously?

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dabums again with you living in the past, who cares about who has more losses dating back to 1969? Why would you even talk about the royals past anyhow, it isnt impressive man.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....funny.....in the BOX SCORE it DOESN"T say anything about 8.5 back....do you actually know what a box score looks like?

Oh yeah, forgot about your "reading" problem we found out about last night...dyslexia is more common than you think...its nothing to be ashamed of.

Did it say miggy played?

Di it say iggy had the RBI? Would of been a 3 run triple if pena didnt have cement feet....

But oh well.....tell us some HOF stats players have had in the last 17 days...crown your MVP for a 29 game stretch.......maybe you can hand out your "cherry" awards.......of course KC will sweep the cherry award for cy young.....the cherry award for MVP.....the cherry award for manager of year....and so on.......maybe you can catch cleveland tho

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer laird over pena myself, but i also prefer anyone over avila.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bums....u were trying to prove something that is meaningless. ..and u made yourself a fool....that's really smart. .

Haha...i think others are seeing this also.......

I just find it hilarious that tiger fans are supposed to forget our HISTORY past 1969........so no ty cobb? Geringer? The baseball world/history goes beyond kc..DETROIT 4 WORLD SERIES! KC 1! Look it up!

Also, so if a ray and royal fan argue about their teams.....would the ray fan own a royal fan? Bums wording...."owning" that is.....since tampa didnt exist in 85, and have made the playoffs and WS lately? Royals history past the rays existence shouldnt count right? Colorado rockies?

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did it say miggy played?

Di it say iggy had the RBI? Would of been a 3 run triple if pena didnt have cement feet....

But oh well.....tell us some HOF stats players have had in the last 17 days...crown your MVP for a 29 game stretch.......maybe you can hand out your "cherry" awards.......of course KC will sweep the cherry award for cy young.....the cherry award for MVP.....the cherry award for manager of year....and so on.......maybe you can catch cleveland tho

2 run triple...corrected.....by the time i read through the rest, it was too late to edit.....dont wanna look dumb like bum with fake made up shit.

Im still laughing at chen being 7-6 vs the tigers is dominating.....jess sayin.......wonder if anyone proof checked that the way the guy has lied in the past...

Notice the last few things i asked him to prove he hasnt answered ME back yet...

1. Where did I say detroit is greatest team ever?
2. Where did I say porcello would win 250.....or any other tigs fan beside vice?
3. What did I say about perez?

Im sure i wont get a straight answer....he will troll on to a new tiger issue and rant and rave some more made up cherry picked stats to favor the greatest team ever to not make the playoffs....in 25+ yrs.

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dabums again with you living in the past, who cares about who has more losses dating back to 1969? Why would you even talk about the royals past anyhow, it isnt impressive man.

Because bums and other Royals fans can only cite 3 things that they think will get under the skin of Tiger fans:

(1) Royals won a World Series ONE YEAR more recently than the Tigers have. Never mind that it was 28 years ago. Never mind that they won it with the help of the worst umpire call in World Series history (the Todd Worrell cover play at 1st base).

(2) The Tigers had the most losses in American League history in 2003. Never mind that we used the top draft pick we earned to take Justin Verlander, while the Royals have had season after season of high draft picks with little to show for it.

(3) The Tigers went deep in the playoffs in 2011 and 2012, but didn't win it all. Somehow that means KC fans are better off, but I can't see how. Except that maybe they can focus all their attention on bow practice for the upcoming deer season.

Last edited by a moderator:

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 run triple...corrected.....by the time i read through the rest, it was too late to edit.....dont wanna look dumb like bum with fake made up shit.

Im still laughing at chen being 7-6 vs the tigers is dominating.....jess sayin.......wonder if anyone proof checked that the way the guy has lied in the past...

Notice the last few things i asked him to prove he hasnt answered ME back yet...

1. Where did I say detroit is greatest team ever?
2. Where did I say porcello would win 250.....or any other tigs fan beside vice?
3. What did I say about perez?

Im sure i wont get a straight answer....he will troll on to a new tiger issue and rant and rave some more made up cherry picked stats to favor the greatest team ever to not make the playoffs....in 25+ yrs.

There is only 2 things bums can do from here.. he has been exposed to everyone on this thread... for what he is.. a troll. After yesterday... trying to argue chen dominates the Tigers.. but when confronted with facts... he shifts to the royals having less losses since 1969.. which was then proven false... He isn't even fact checking anymore... He makes up every stat he posts here. He is going to either go one of two ways from here on out....

1) Full blown troll.. which will last less than a few days and he will be banned. ( he is already on the detroit tigers forum trolling as of late last night)

2) He will disappear

After I proved him to be a liar last night... His stats are made up.. he is not here to discuss real situations... or have meaningful conversations.. he is here to piss off tigers fans... me being his first target... proven fact though is that I owned him last night.. and now he is only a few more trolling posts away from an admin ridding us of his waste of space on these boards...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont mind pena....he hits decent....plays shitty defense, but hes a backup....if avila could hit, id be all for a defensive backup catcher......the way i look at it, you cant have all stars at every position.....LF and C are 2 weak spots on the tigs.....

Pena is better with the stick than Laird.. but seriously.. when he is catching.. players can moon walk to 2nd base and not get thrown out... Has he thrown a runner out yet as a Tiger?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think next year.. the Tigers need to find a catcher that is a defense first guy... like a laird or anyone that can throw out a runner... who cares about them hitting in the lineup that the Tigers field.. as a backup... I would much rather see a guy that can call a game and throw a runner out that a guy that hits .290 and gets ran on like a marathon... Its plain as day the starting rotation is better with Avila calling games also... I just don't like Pena out there.. but he seems to be a good club house guy.. so I will give him that.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Indians calling up any of their top prospects? Other than Salazar.. isn't that SS about ready for the bigs?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
close...whoevers team does the following Tigers wins WS or Royals make the playoffs....whoevers team does that first...the other buys 2 tickets to A WORLD SERIES GAME the following year...

that I am more than down with..

I hope he is around to buy my tickets...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. He's not good at anything. And he makes Kevin Rand work too much. He'll get hit by three foul balls somehow tonight.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly.. now that the rosters expanded.. and teams are calling up prospects for a cup of coffee... I would hate to play teams like the Twins, Marlins, and Astros... I know that the Tigers play the Marlins last series this year.. I have tickets to the last game on Sunday... right next to the Tigers bullpen... section 8 row D baby...

Marlins have a ton of talent they called up and even though they won't see Fernandez.. they will see the other young guys and they are all super motivated to leave a lasting impression so that they make the team next year... Twins have a scrappy young bunch too...

WOW... just watching the marlins/cubs game... a kid just got hit in the head with a bat that stanton lost control of. Scary.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't. He's not good at anything. And he makes Kevin Rand work too much. He'll get hit by three foul balls somehow tonight.

I disagree... he is great at calling a game.. look how many no hitters or near no hitters he has been a part of... and look how much better the staff is with him back there...

He is not going to put up all star numbers at the plate.. but he is better throwing runners out than Pena... and would be fine as a backup... I wish one of the Tigers catching prospects would pan out and send him to the bench.. because we all know his daddy isn't trading him.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to samardjia.. that guy has been fecal this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree... he is great at calling a game.. look how many no hitters or near no hitters he has been a part of... and look how much better the staff is with him back there...

He is not going to put up all star numbers at the plate.. but he is better throwing runners out than Pena... and would be fine as a backup... I wish one of the Tigers catching prospects would pan out and send him to the bench.. because we all know his daddy isn't trading him.

1? Verlander was pitching, not Alex. And Leyland calls most pitches from the dugout.