• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perez is a nice piece... He is not going to be a power guy... Maybe 15-20 a year... Who cares... He is a stud behind the plate. This is one of the funny parts I laugh at Royals fans for... You think every young prospect is going to turn out to be a HOF player because they were good in the minors... You have an above average piece at a tough position to find one... Quit complaining. At least he isn't a bust like Moustakas.

Moustakas hasn't had 3 full seasons in the big leagues, If he still sucks next year, I will be on board with labeling him a bust barring something highly unlikely. Not terribly surprising that he has been so wildly streaky in KC given his history in the minors which degrades the value he brings by quite a bit when that adds up to a 240 avg with less then 20 HRs.

Of course I want to see more power from Perez, I want to see the 15-20 homers. There is a big difference between a guy hitting 5-10 HR's and a guy hitting 15-20 HR's. If my post came off as making Perez look like a 25-30 HR + guy, then I am in the wrong, that is just stupid to think.

I didn't think Perez was going to be any good as a hitter until he started to hit for avg in the Bigs.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious.... Why are Royals fans so high on Cain... Does he even have an entire season of high level play yet?

He has been an excellent defensive CF'er. Some media and fans seem to think he has the offensive upside to hit 20 HR for some reason( WTF? Are these guys high?)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moustakas has shown nothing to say he will ever hit for average... That is why i say he is a Brandon Inge clone... Did inge have power and hit some hr? Yup.. Was he madly inconsistant... And a waste of money and a roster space...that too.... Perez is legit. He reminds me of Victor Martinez when he was younger... But better behind the plate

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has been an excellent defensive CF'er. Some media and fans seem to think he has the offensive upside to hit 20 HR for some reason( WTF? Are these guys high?)

Talk to me when he plays more than 60% of a season.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moustakas has shown nothing to say he will ever hit for average... That is why i say he is a Brandon Inge clone... Did inge have power and hit some hr? Yup.. Was he madly inconsistant... And a waste of money and a roster space...that too.... Perez is legit. He reminds me of Victor Martinez when he was younger... But better behind the plate

I am really close to calling Moose an Inge clone with a good glove to be honest:agree:, it is just a general rule of mine never to label a player as a bust until he has 3 full years in the Bigs.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inge was great defensively

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty... The Royals need to find pitchers and quit worrying about outfielders... If they had more depth to their rotation they would still be in the hunt...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the red sox buy pedroia's pants in the boys department

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen Drew signing has worked out pretty well.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The iglesias trade has also.... Man is gene lamont a pig. That guy gets more gross looking by the day... His hat barely fits. What a fat pig.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene Lamonts hat looks like a yamika on his gross fat head.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Vice, I was wondering what are your impressions of Gene Lamont?

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dempster, on the other hand...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gene Lamont could out eat Joey Chestnut but doesn't compete against him because he has to walk up stairs to the stage.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gene Lamont retires... The team plane will be able to bring 500lbs more of equipment to each game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In all honesty... The Royals need to find pitchers and quit worrying about outfielders... If they had more depth to their rotation they would still be in the hunt...

Nailed it, they could choose to beef up the offense too, but upgrading the SP would generate more wins probably imo. Wade Davis has been putrid, as "good" as Santana has been, Davis has been bad. Chen and Guthrie don't inspire confidence. Guthrie though is atleast useable as a #5 or #4 or as a bad #3, but his numbers are deflated by a lot of different factors and it is obvious he isn't as good as the 4.00 Era he has been around most of the season.

To further the point of why KC needs rotation depth:

Santana's War: 2.3 ( Good chance he is gone if the market explodes out of any reasonable price range.. that is likely, good chance it nets a draft pick though)
Davis war: -2.3

The good news is it is hard to suck as much as Davis so he is easily replaced and moved into the BP where he belongs, the bad news is Santana is probably gone ( or is it with his well documented year to year inconsistency)

as for the "#5"

# 5 is going to be who?

Mendoza? he is a scrub. Chen is a gimmicky pitcher, wouldn't bother me if he was the #5 besides the fact he would eat valuable cash that could go to a more deserving pitcher to be the # 2 next year... would rather take my chances with Smith or even Hocheaver... Did I really say Hocheaver? :burt: as Ventura and Zimmer, hopefully, develop more in the minors instead of paying Chen again to just be the #5.

The Rotation I am guessing will look like this next year:

Shields, X FA Pitcher, Guthrie, Duffy, Smith with Hocheaver, Ventura, Davis, Mendoza and Paulino possibly contending for the #5 spot as well.

Not really sure who the hell the FA pitcher is, but I am going to bet anything he will be the #2 next year. It won't matter how good he really is, the Royals will put him there just because... Worked out this year with Santana though, so I can't moan about it this year.

Alternatively, KC could spend the money, in theory, for an upgrade at 2B ( Think Kelly Johnson) and RF and hope the rotation is fixed in house ... been waiting too long for that crap to happen in the SP. However, this seems more like a plan C considering the biggest Hole on the team is the #4 starter right now, and possibly the #2 starter as well if Santana is not replaced by someone who can adequately fill in.

I will be looking to see who is a FA this year so I can better answer who the #2 starter would be if it isn't Santana.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dempster has definitely been diving lately. I like our option in the battle of #5s, tonight, tomorrow and next year. I like Rick even when he gives up homers to Elsbury down in the corner. Hahahaha, ha while Im thumbing out praise.....