• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Smack Talk

Howie115

'Tis but a scratch...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pena is better with the stick than Laird.. but seriously.. when he is catching..
players can moon walk to 2nd base and not get thrown out... Has he thrown a
runner out yet as a Tiger?

Neither Pena nor Avila is great at throwing out runners. I think the current count is something like 22 straight successful stolen base attempts vs. the Tigers. That's unacceptable. Part of that is our pitchers. Among the starters, only Verlander has a good move to first base. But he doesn't have a really quick delivery to home plate, either.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1? Verlander was pitching, not Alex. And Leyland calls most pitches from the dugout.

Are you sure of Leyland calling the pitches? I have never heard of that before in my life... Its usually up to the catcher unless they are rookies and not experienced.... Hence pitchers waving off the calls... they would not be waving off a call from leyland.

That being said... Did you see ESPN's future power rankings? Tigers 8th... and they rate Dave Dombroski the 10th best GM.. can you honestly name 9 better GM"s? ESPN needs to get rid of Jim Bowden.. that guy is a clown that comes up with the most idiotic articles... a reason he is no longer a mlb GM.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happened to samardjia.. that guy has been fecal this year.

I think he was pretty good for a while this year. Then all of a sudden he just started getting shit on every start

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Pena nor Avila is great at throwing out runners. I think the current count is something like 22 straight successful stolen base attempts vs. the Tigers. That's unacceptable. Part of that is our pitchers. Among the starters, only Verlander has a good move to first base. But he doesn't have a really quick delivery to home plate, either.

Most of the 22 straight were when Avila was out.. He is having a career worst year throwing runners out.. but pena accounts for about 75% of the 22 straight.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was pretty good for a while this year. Then all of a sudden he just started getting shit on every start

The Marlins just pooped on him with a grand slam by a .230 hitter that had 2 career HR until today...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone else laugh if the Marlins signed Cano? Seriously.. they could give him what ever he wanted and still be under 50 mil as a team...

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking at who is a free agent in 2015... God.. that is going to be an awful free agent year.. Scherzer is the big name there.. and after that.. Fat Pig Billy Butler... who has a 12.5 mil option... When Torii and Vmart contracts are up.. there really isn't a ton of options out there to really upgrade with the money... After Cano.. a bunch of turds this year too...

Tigers should and probably will lock Miggy up this offseason... I doubt they wait.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because bums and other Royals fans can only cite 3 things that they think will get under the skin of Tiger fans:

(1) Royals won a World Series ONE YEAR more recently than the Tigers have. Never mind that it was 28 years ago. Never mind that they won it with the help of the worst umpire call in World Series history (the Todd Worrell cover play at 1st base).

(2) The Tigers had the most losses in American League history in 2003. Never mind that we used the top draft pick we earned to take Justin Verlander, while the Royals have had season after season of high draft picks with little to show for it.

(3) The Tigers went deep in the playoffs in 2011 and 2012, but didn't win it all. Somehow that means KC fans are better off, but I can't see how. Except that maybe they can focus all their attention on bow practice for the upcoming deer season.

Wow...gotta be one of the best posts on here....if that wasnt hitting the bullesye....

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you sure of Leyland calling the pitches? I have never heard of that before in my life... Its usually up to the catcher unless they are rookies and not experienced.... Hence pitchers waving off the calls... they would not be waving off a call from leyland.

That being said... Did you see ESPN's future power rankings? Tigers 8th... and they rate Dave Dombroski the 10th best GM.. can you honestly name 9 better GM"s? ESPN needs to get rid of Jim Bowden.. that guy is a clown that comes up with the most idiotic articles... a reason he is no longer a mlb GM.

ESPN is all yankees and red sox...

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking at who is a free agent in 2015... God.. that is going to be an awful free agent year.. Scherzer is the big name there.. and after that.. Fat Pig Billy Butler... who has a 12.5 mil option... When Torii and Vmart contracts are up.. there really isn't a ton of options out there to really upgrade with the money... After Cano.. a bunch of turds this year too...

Tigers should and probably will lock Miggy up this offseason... I doubt they wait.

Next year trade deadline......tigers may trade for a big name and resign him with the money vmart and tori will give us once gone. You never know with DD.....he could pull another grandy deal and flip max and somebody for some talent...either way it goes the tigers are still in great shape for awhile unless injuries kill them. In DD i trust.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never watch ESPN unless live sports are on. Jimmy goes thru signs, Avila looks at it 'im, maybe something else is going on. Idk. But I've never credited Lil' Al for catching pitches. Could just be my bias, like I said, I hate the guy. (The player, he seems like a decent guy. For a lead footed Sasquatch midget that takes too many strikes)

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year trade deadline......tigers may trade for a big name and resign him with the money vmart and tori will give us once gone. You never know with DD.....he could pull another grandy deal and flip max and somebody for some talent...either way it goes the tigers are still in great shape for awhile unless injuries kill them. In DD i trust.

Wouldn't it be funny if Fat Billy BBQ had a good year next year.. and priced himself out of KC.. then signed with the Tigers to replace an aging Vmart? LOL.. Now that would make me laugh.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never watch ESPN unless live sports are on. Jimmy goes thru signs, Avila looks at it 'im, maybe something else is going on. Idk. But I've never credited Lil' Al for catching pitches. Could just be my bias, like I said, I hate the guy. (The player, he seems like a decent guy. For a lead footed Sasquatch midget that takes too many strikes)

Leyland goes through signs about where the fielders are going to stand.. infield in.. shifts.. those kind of things.. he is not calling pitches with those signs bro.

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't it be funny if Fat Billy BBQ had a good year next year.. and priced himself out of KC.. then signed with the Tigers to replace an aging Vmart? LOL.. Now that would make me laugh.

But then he would be an old bum in bums eyes.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lately, I have actually not dreaded seeing Perez at the plate when runners aren't in scoring position. Looked much more like the guy some people thought he COULD be. Where the hell was this power in the middle part of the year?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lorenzo Cain has been activated from the DL today; he will not be in the lineup though. He will be an offensive boost compared to Dyson I guess... And a defensive upgrade as well assuming Cain is 100%.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lately, I have actually not dreaded seeing Perez at the plate when runners aren't in scoring position. Looked much more like the guy some people thought he COULD be. Where the hell was this power in the middle part of the year?

Perez is a nice piece... He is not going to be a power guy... Maybe 15-20 a year... Who cares... He is a stud behind the plate. This is one of the funny parts I laugh at Royals fans for... You think every young prospect is going to turn out to be a HOF player because they were good in the minors... You have an above average piece at a tough position to find one... Quit complaining. At least he isn't a bust like Moustakas.

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lorenzo Cain has been activated from the DL today; he will not be in the lineup though. He will be an offensive boost compared to Dyson I guess... And a defensive upgrade as well assuming Cain is 100%.

Just curious.... Why are Royals fans so high on Cain... Does he even have an entire season of high level play yet?

MiamiVice

Well Liked Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,705.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Fielder with two infield singles this series... Lol