• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now Bobby Witt Jr is butt fucking his own team

Thats the kinda play that gets you banned from the game for betting allegations. What a dipshit
he tried to get the double play to keep the run from scoring and panicked and made a dumb play.

its what the Guardians do- always put pressure on the bases- always run hard- play hard...its why they are better than the sum of their parts. It is just a well run organization--- while undoubtedly a cheap owner- great front office, great manager hire, guy like Jose who leads by example. Everyone plays hard and takes advantage of mistakes.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching that play- Witt got scared

Naylor- with the most HR of any 1st basemen in baseball- hustled- slid in hard- Witt didnt even touch the bag- and then threw it away.

Naylor is our slugger- big fat guy- but is hustling and made that play happen.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce doesnt even get up again lol

Why he batted 5th is beyond me

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royce doesnt even get up again lol

Why he batted 5th is beyond me
that makes no sense

i will say- Twins have had a lot tougher schedule than Guardians. Late July through most of August Guardians have a very tough schedule. That will be when the division race really gets hot.

Guardians need Williams to come back healthy and probably another starter-- the bullpen has been incredible but its thrown a lot of innings thus far. They do have a couple very good relief prospects in the minors which should help (Zack Walters is going to be a beast)- but Guardians need starting pitching depth badly in order to keep going over the long haul.

I wonder when the Twins will bring up ERod- he looks like he is going to mash.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that makes no sense

i will say- Twins have had a lot tougher schedule than Guardians. Late July through most of August Guardians have a very tough schedule. That will be when the division race really gets hot.

Guardians need Williams to come back healthy and probably another starter-- the bullpen has been incredible but its thrown a lot of innings thus far. They do have a couple very good relief prospects in the minors which should help (Zack Walters is going to be a beast)- but Guardians need starting pitching depth badly in order to keep going over the long haul.

Yeah, Twins schedule gets very easy for a while after this road trip. But if they get swept by Yanks again that might bury them.

As for E Rod, hes gotta go to AAA first which will hopefully be soon. His plate discipline is incredible.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mason Miller would like a word.
Clase is at 30.1 IP- a 0.30 ERA and a 0.60 WHIP. 19 saves 9.2 k/bb ratio

Miller 26 IP 2.08 ERA, 0.88 WHIP 11 saves 5.1 k/bb walk ratio

Clase has given up 1 ER this year.

Plus- Clase has arguably been the best closer in baseball overall for the last 4 years. Miller has been great for a 1/3 of the season.

Clase is not going to finish the season with a 0.30 ERA- that would be absurd- but what he is doing right now is insane.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus- Clase has arguably been the best closer in baseball overall for the last 4 years. Miller has been great for a 1/3 of the season.

Clase is not going to finish the season with a 0.30 ERA- that would be absurd- but what he is doing right now is insane.
Good work avoiding the K discrepancy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he tried to get the double play to keep the run from scoring and panicked and made a dumb play.

its what the Guardians do- always put pressure on the bases- always run hard- play hard...its why they are better than the sum of their parts. It is just a well run organization--- while undoubtedly a cheap owner- great front office, great manager hire, guy like Jose who leads by example. Everyone plays hard and takes advantage of mistakes.
Pretty stupid considering there was two outs. Great hustle by Naylor. Jose is rubbing off on him

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only thing Miller has on him is K’s. That’s literally it. I thought Clase was declining but he has back to peak form. He has been amazing

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Miller has on him is K’s. That’s literally it. I thought Clase was declining but he has back to peak form. He has been amazing
right---- I think Clase took some time to adjust to the pitch clock- and- hell some seasons you just arent your best.

Clase came up in 2019 for a short time with the Rangers- pitched 23 IP- then got hurt and missed all of 2020---then was traded for Corey Kluber- he had a 2.31 ERA. Since he was dealt to Cleveland, over the last 4 seasons, he has been pretty much the consensus best relief pitcher in the majors.

2021: 69.2 IP, 1.29 ERA, 0.96 whip, 4.6 k/bb 24 saves
2022: 72.2 IP, 1.36 ERA, 0.73 whip, 7.7 k/bb, 42 saves
2023: 72.2 IP, 3.22 ERA, 1.16 whip, 4.0 k/bb, 44 saves
2024: 30.1 IP, 0.30 ERA, 0.60 whip, 10.3 k/bb, 19 saves

Clase is not even a huge strikeout pitcher- his best pitch is his 100MPH cutter which is the closest thing baseball fans have seen to Mariano Rivera's cutter since Mo retired. He still has a 10.3 k/bb ration which is nuts.

No one is getting on base. He is in historical territory right now---- Cy Young contention territory. No relief pitcher has ever had a season like this.

Now- I will be the first to admit--- having an ERA of 0.30 is not realistic over a full season. Any ERA under 2.00 is pretty extraordinary. Its hotter out and the balls fly out of parks more easily---- who knows what he finishes with--- but there is no denying that rate now he is doing something extraordinary.

Career stats of 267.2 IP, with a 1.82 era, 0.93 whip is pretty awesome too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good work avoiding the K discrepancy.
Miller has been great--- and hes worked 2 innings multiple times- hes striking out a ton of guys and deserves to be an All Star. He is among the best closers in baseball--- right there with Holmes, Hensley, (Robert Suarez has been extraordinary too, Kyle Finnegan, Andres Munoz--- all of these guys have amazing numbers and over powering stuff

at least thus far though- Clase has been the best- its hard to argue with 1 run, 16 hits and 2 walks in about 31 innings. One bad outting can totally flip the stats on its head

I mean- Robert Suarez of the Pads has been almost as good as Clase- Munoz, Miller, Holmes- all door slammers.....but for the past 4 seasons the best relief pitcher in baseball overall has been Emmanuel Clase and that is especially true for this year (at least thus far)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miller has been great--- and hes worked 2 innings multiple times- hes striking out a ton of guys and deserves to be an All Star. He is among the best closers in baseball--- right there with Holmes, Hensley, (Robert Suarez has been extraordinary too, Kyle Finnegan, Andres Munoz--- all of these guys have amazing numbers and over powering stuff

at least thus far though- Clase has been the best- its hard to argue with 1 run, 16 hits and 2 walks in about 31 innings. One bad outting can totally flip the stats on its head

I mean- Robert Suarez of the Pads has been almost as good as Clase- Munoz, Miller, Holmes- all door slammers.....but for the past 4 seasons the best relief pitcher in baseball overall has been Emmanuel Clase and that is especially true for this year (at least thus far)
Definitely had two great months to open the season. No doubt.

Can’t discount his impact on Cleveland’s surprisingly hot start.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that makes no sense

Guessing they know why, but I cannot figure out why a BP day today. Could pitch Bibee on normal resto today and Lively normal rest tomorrow. would eventually need a BP day or to call someone up but why against KC and not Miami?