• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say the best place to go out is the West 25th area. Market Garden Brewery and Town Hall and the surrounding bars. It is just outside of downtown proper. After game beers- go to West 25th area. Dont go to --W. 6th and W 9th St. its like the clubby area which absolutely no longer appeals to me.

by the ball park- hit East 4th St. for pregame and food its in the very middle of downtown and like a 2 minute walk from the ballpark. It is a very nice area--- its a street with closed to traffic and a lot of bars and restaurants. A lot of good restaurants there- but Michael Symon's bbq spot is there- Mabel's--- i have gone there for lunch once in a while and its solid.

A more upscale dinner- Cleveland Chop is nice and Il Venetian are good options--- they arent crazy expensive- a good place i have taken clients. They arent like the high end stuff that is crazy expensive but still really good for a nicer dinner. Both are downtown.

if you are getting out of downtown- there are a lot of other options. But what i have suggested is the "downtown" area if you are staying in a hotel in the city.
Awesome. Thanks for the recommendations. We have an airbnb on wade park Ave. Should be pretty close to the park. Defintely gonna hit your pre game spots

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the Guardians offered the Mets a huge deal for Lindor if they would pick up like half his money if the Guardians would be interested---- would the Guards pay 17M a year for Lindor and a bunch of prospects?
If Dolan handed over full ownership maybe but I highly doubt it now

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that was the whole point lol

The upside was/is obvious

I mean Correa is who is he is, theres no more upside. Hes not having some break out year. When healthy he can justify the contract. But he needs to stay at this 2 month Correa. Even on 1 foot the D will also be good.

We could be paying Javy Baez though so definitely have that going for us.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long way to officially breaking out

But boy, if Trevor Larnach truly starts hitting anything that isnt a straight heater, watch out. 2 homers in this series on a slider and cutter

I think he will always be simple jack against change ups and splitters but if he can hit a few other pitches consistently that would be massive.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, I like Willi Castro a lot as a super utility guy. His bat over the 1.5 years a Twin has been far better than expected. Getting him after the Tigers(who he would instantly upgrade) cut him makes it that much sweeter.

Having said that, being able to play 6 positions is much less valuable when he plays each position significantly worse than whoever usually plays that position.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a moment of panic when I flipped the game.

Thought Bobby Higginson went and died on us.

When did Lou Gehrig Day become a thing?

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good series win to start the road trip, now have to try and accidentally win 1 in New York and not get swept.

If, and its a big if. Stewart can get and stay healthy. Twins will have an elite back end of the pen. Stewart-Jax-Duran might be matched by some teams trios but is beaten by no one. Alcala when hes not inexplicably in the minors or asked to go 2 innings is a excellent 4th option too.

Thielbar is closing in on being washed, but still good vs lefties

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong, I like Willi Castro a lot as a super utility guy. His bat over the 1.5 years a Twin has been far better than expected. Getting him after the Tigers(who he would instantly upgrade) cut him makes it that much sweeter.

Having said that, being able to play 6 positions is much less valuable when he plays each position significantly worse than whoever usually plays that position.tl

The Tigers decision making on all things hitters has been extraordinarily bad.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good series win to start the road trip, now have to try and accidentally win 1 in New York and not get swept.

If, and its a big if. Stewart can get and stay healthy. Twins will have an elite back end of the pen. Stewart-Jax-Duran might be matched by some teams trios but is beaten by no one. Alcala when hes not inexplicably in the minors or asked to go 2 innings is a excellent 4th option too.

Thielbar is closing in on being washed, but still good vs lefties
Clase, Gaddis and Smith have a combined ERA of about 1.2 and a combined whip of like 0.8 in a total of about 62 IP

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean Correa is who is he is, theres no more upside. Hes not having some break out year. When healthy he can justify the contract. But he needs to stay at this 2 month Correa. Even on 1 foot the D will also be good.

We could be paying Javy Baez though so definitely have that going for us.
I would hope there is upside for Correa. The dude is making 33M a year. .265 avg., .335 obp .778 ops...for 33M a year? cmon now. Will Brennan has more homeruns

at the least- Correa should be 20 hr, 85 RBI 800 ops

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say- the Guardians have pretty much no bad money on the books after this year but Straw....i guess that is the one advantage of being cheap bastards lol.

Straw has about 13M due total in 2025/2026........other than that....its clean

With the Bell contract trade--- Segura, Laureano, Bieber, Karinchak, all come off the books which is a total of almost 30M at the end of the year. Add in Barlow- and its almost 40M off the books after this year to hopefully re-sign Naylor and Kwan long term.

Jose at 17M a year really helps.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope there is upside for Correa. The dude is making 33M a year. .265 avg., .335 obp .778 ops...for 33M a year? cmon now. Will Brennan has more homeruns

at the least- Correa should be 20 hr, 85 RBI 800 ops

That’s been his established career he’s never gonna be a massive power guy. His year end numbers through his career when healthy are very consistent.

The hope is he doesn’t do most of his clutch hitting when the seasons already over like 2022(so far that isn’t him).

He’s a notorious slow starter and gets hit around June so he’s already a bit ahead. He’s not gonna be a masher getting 30 mil like Seager

But he’s also not gonna be Story, Baez or Bogaerts who were all available at the same time

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julien down for Lewis. He kinda needed to get right. But it’s another twins move to try and save the veteran(Farmer)

Our D is gonna take a hit having to have Castro play 2B. Miranda not sure where he will play.

I think Farmer has a month to hit lefties or he’s DFA’d. They will justify it better with half the season gone

This better mean much less Vazquez. Catch jeffers way more. Use DH for Miranda/Lewis/Larnach

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some interesting tidbits here

1. Twins have been very fortunate in their pitching health thus far

2. We are 33-22 in games started by guys currently a part of the rotation. A very good pace.

3. Paddack while hes had to wear some rough games to help the pen, has been exactly what we expected as a #4 starter. A couple gems. A couple massive duds. Everything else good enough to give us a chance.

4. While I keep stating I think the SWR regression is imminient. We are also barely.500 in Lopez/Ryan/Ober starts which points to lots of progression there. Especially with Lopez whose been actually been bad indivdually regardless of team record.

Also anything we get from SWR is gravy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julien down for Lewis. He kinda needed to get right. But it’s another twins move to try and save the veteran(Farmer)

Our D is gonna take a hit having to have Castro play 2B. Miranda not sure where he will play.

I think Farmer has a month to hit lefties or he’s DFA’d. They will justify it better with half the season gone

This better mean much less Vazquez. Catch jeffers way more. Use DH for Miranda/Lewis/Larnach
Miranda has been playing pretty well. I think you have to keep him in the lineup.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miranda has been playing pretty well. I think you have to keep him in the lineup.

For now yes, defensively we just have to make it work.

His batted ball metrics are not too good(doesnt make consistently hard contact) so regression could come. But right now he absolutely plays. Its just where thats the question cause hes not a good 3B or 1B and ROyce needs 3B.