• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point the Royals are going to need to make an internal decision to make regarding their outfield. They've been winning despite pretty unplayable outfield play from Melendez and Renfroe. Additionally Isbel is a pretty classic 4th outfielder and defensive replacement if we're keeping it a buck; Velasquez will need to pick it up soon as he is realistically a DH only type player. Even 1 WAR type options in Drew Waters or throwing a dart at Loftin.
I think that hitting- especially average- is so down across all the majors that it is just not going to be possible to have solid players every where unless you just have a Dodgers budget.

Melendez has not been good--- but comparatively he is prob not as bad as it would seem.

I look at the Guardians and see guys like Rocchio, Freeman, Arias, Laureano (until he just left), Bo Naylor, etc.......they have tons of guys who's lines look terrible- but I think that is just how most teams are these days.

I was looking at a lineup for the old Indians that had like 6 guys in a row with 400 obps - it was insane....now if you have 6-7 guys with .340 obps you are really doing well for the most part.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point the Royals are going to need to make an internal decision to make regarding their outfield. They've been winning despite pretty unplayable outfield play from Melendez and Renfroe. Additionally Isbel is a pretty classic 4th outfielder and defensive replacement if we're keeping it a buck; Velasquez will need to pick it up soon as he is realistically a DH only type player. Even 1 WAR type options in Drew Waters or throwing a dart at Loftin.
I will say Melendez and Renfroe have been terrible but I think that if they just come back a little they are below average but not embarrassingly bad.

I mean- like Tyler Freeman is at like .216/.320 but he is still at a 0.6 WAR (espn method).....10-15 years ago- that is a ticket to the minors or getting cut--- now- with just a little improvement he might be a 2 WAR player.

its pretty wild

I think that the hitting is so bad because relief pitching has gotten so good. I think just a decade or two ago- you had maybe one or two relievers on each team that could throw gas - now it seems every team has 4-5 guys that are at 95+ going all out.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss there is only ONE #1 pick IMO Condon is just a freak. Not saying this draft class isn't loaded at the top but concerning see this low of a BA by Bazzana on offspeed stuff

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss there is only ONE #1 pick IMO Condon is just a freak. Not saying this draft class isn't loaded at the top but concerning see this low of a BA by Bazzana on offspeed stuff

i hope you are right and they take Condon....i really do

i just know this front office likes to play games sometimes and spread the money out and Condon might actually go over slot at #1 at this point.

he would look great in a corner.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not know how the Guardians possibly lead the AL in runs...i look at their lineup and so many guys numbers are horrific

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Fry with the pinch-hit home run....a regression has to be coming but - geez looks like we stole this guy- he can play just about anywhere too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lindor would have taken the very big (but def. not near the Mets offer) from the Guardians- we almost assuredly cannot re-sign Jose.

worked out so well for the Guardians. Got Gimenez, and got Jose to sign a nice contract with what is a good organization where he is comfortable.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lindor would have taken the very big (but def. not near the Mets offer) from the Guardians- we almost assuredly cannot re-sign Jose.

worked out so well for the Guardians. Got Gimenez, and got Jose to sign a nice contract with what is a good organization where he is comfortable.
Who knows what Lindor would have been if he stayed. I think he’s gotten New Yorked. That’s a fish bowl media and that’s not as well run baseball operation as what Guardians had with Tito.

So fun having the Mutts in the NL East.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who knows what Lindor would have been if he stayed. I think he’s gotten New Yorked. That’s a fish bowl media and that’s not as well run baseball operation as what Guardians had with Tito.

So fun having the Mutts in the NL East.
maybe - he was never gonna stay though- he sought every single dollar

he signed for 341--- which is a weird number- until you remember he signed for that just so it was 1 million more than Tatis Jr.'s 340 contract.

Now he is playing for a crappy organization and despite having a much lower payroll the Guardians just seem to almost always be more succesful.

Kwan and Williams should be back soon which will hopefully help keep things rolling.

have you seen David Fry? They dealt for this guy - thinking he would be a util last guy on the roster- hes looking pretty good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do not know how the Guardians possibly lead the AL in runs...i look at their lineup and so many guys numbers are horrific
Yeah but timely hits and coming through in the clutch seems to happen quite a bit. Freeman has been playing well. Brennan has his moments. Fry is clutch and is on fire. Add in JRam hitting better than anyone in baseball recently (maybe other than Tucker and Ohtani). Starting pitching has been great recently even with 3 starters on IR.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to extend a thank you to the AL Central tonight for kicking the NL East in the dick.
Take A Bow Kiss GIF by Major League Soccer

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did you hear what he said the other day?

He was asked, “what do you miss most about Cleveland?”

His response, “winning”

Money doesn’t cure everything. Rotting in shit NY with a bunch of losers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are Cleveland fans proud of the fact that their owners are just unserious about competing for championships? I just don’t get it.
were not proud of the ownership not spending money- we are proud of the front office being able to compete most years while being denied the resources of teams that we are usually consistently better than.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
were not proud of the ownership not spending money- we are proud of the front office being able to compete most years while being denied the resources of teams that we are usually consistently better than.
So it’s a moral victory thing.