• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AL Central Discussion

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not thinking of Bauer- but only because they didnt trade A prospects for him- they dealt Shin Soo Choo if I remember correctly who was in the last year of his deal

The Cleveland Indians traded Drew Pomerantz and (I think his name was) Andrew White for - 2 former 1st rounders- that were SP and ranked highly- for Ubaldo Jimenez.

ahh yeah Baldo. Guardians have had a lot of random vets at times too or like 1 non homegrown guy and I couldnt think of them all.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals should sell. They are a shit heap. Their SP is a joke.

Absolutely wild they didnt do shit in FA with that starting staff going into the year.

Coulda had Evoldi forsure

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people dont really notice it- but Rosario was actually pretty decent last year. He had like the 5th most hits in the AL.

Him and Kwan were much better at the 1 and 2 spot. Those 2 guys regressing this year have really hurt more than anything else- though surprisingly Naylor has a shit ton of RBI's.

Rosario is coming around a little bit lately. Gimenez a little bit.

We do not need Rosario, Kwan, Gimenez and Bell to be world beaters- just to be something resembling decent.

Jose Ramirez is so good. He had a straight steal of home a week or so ago.

Agreed. Rosario was quietly was one of the better shortstops in baseball last year. Also pretty solid in 2021.

Kwan's another one that's regressed, though he's still on pace for ~3 WAR thanks to good OBP skills and defense.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ahh yeah Baldo. Guardians have had a lot of random vets at times too or like 1 non homegrown guy and I couldnt think of them all.
one of the most random guys and still known around here was Bill Selby. There is a podcast called Selby is Godcast- or at least was.

his claim to fame? Grand Slam off Mo Rivera to win a game 10-7 in the bottom of the 9th. Walk off slam vs. Rivera

look how shallow the outfielder is playing. lol down 7-0....won 10-7

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The path to first half momentum is Twins first and foremost take 2 of 3 with Baltimore.

Then pray Guardians lose one of the 4 against Royals. That would lose us .5 games in standings and 1.5 game lead into the break.

Tonight wont be that night for Royals. 3 more chances to accidentally win one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The path to first half momentum is Twins first and foremost take 2 of 3 with Baltimore.

Then pray Guardians lose one of the 4 against Royals. That would lose us .5 games in standings and 1.5 game lead into the break.

Tonight wont be that night for Royals. 3 more chances to accidentally win one.
I wouldnt count on Sunday with Bieber. Civale and Williams are the next two- very different guys obviously....2nd start for Williams against KC....be interesting to see how he does

all in all I thought Williams start vs. the Braves was not terrible. 6 1/3 and 4 runs. Going into the 7th vs. the Braves in one of the first 5 starts of your career could be worse. Braves absolutely wrecked my boy Eury Perez the other day.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys think Jo Adell is a failed prospect or still could be legit?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys think Jo Adell is a failed prospect or still could be legit?
He’s only like five months older than Spencer Torkelson.

And their MLB numbers aren’t all that different.

Not that I’m banking on Tork winning Silver Slugger awards or anything. But he’s going to be a major leaguer for awhile.

Adell’s AAA half season this year would lead me to believe the same out of him.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s only like five months older than Spencer Torkelson.

And their MLB numbers aren’t all that different.

Not that I’m banking on Tork winning Silver Slugger awards or anything. But he’s going to be a major leaguer for awhile.

Adell’s AAA half season this year would lead me to believe the same out of him.

that, and Adell still only has one full season's worth of playing time at the MLB level. the big question is can he make enough contact and cut down on the K's? He's constantly hit well in AAA, but SLC is a very hitter-friendly ballpark in a very hitter-friendly league.

At least Torkelson seems to be improving

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
75 years ago today Cleveland signed Satchel Paige. Two days later he made his MLB debut.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it really matters a whole lot

But Austin Hays starting the All Star game over Luis Robert is fucking psyche ward shit. Like whoever made that call makes Rocco batting Kyle fucking Farmer clean up again, look intelligent.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that, and Adell still only has one full season's worth of playing time at the MLB level. the big question is can he make enough contact and cut down on the K's? He's constantly hit well in AAA, but SLC is a very hitter-friendly ballpark in a very hitter-friendly league.

At least Torkelson seems to be improving
A lot of guys in that 22-25 range really had their development thrown off from the year without minor leagues.

Tork prolly shouldn’t have seen the bigs until late last season or this year. Even if his average doesn’t reflect it, he’s getting much better ABs this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it really matters a whole lot

But Austin Hays starting the All Star game over Luis Robert is fucking psyche ward shit. Like whoever made that call makes Rocco batting Kyle fucking Farmer clean up again, look intelligent.
Robert has destroyed NL pitching this year.

Great option to ph against lefties. No idea if that’s why he’s on the bench or not.

We’ll see if Hays even plays. Hasn’t all week.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rocco Baldelli and Falvey need to burn in fucking hell.

We are once again being shut down by cole fucking irving. We cant hit. We make no attempts to hit.

Every time a lefty starts we bat Kyle fucking Farmer clean up. This pile of shit entered with a OPS of 675 vs lefties. He struck out with runners on corners and 1 out in a 0-0 game.

Kyle bitchass Farmer is also the guy we bring in for "defense" to replace Julien(bad D, MLB bat) yet this loser double clutches a PERFECT feed from Correa on a DP. Not turned.

Why the fuck do we actively try not to play our best team?? Just play the youth. Stop using scrubs like Farmer and Vazquez. Theres a reason no one fucking wants them starting on their teams. THEY SUCK.

Vazquez playing over jeffers is jailable. Vazquez when playing batting 7th over 2 people who do not have extreme disabilities is executionable. Yet, here we fucking are.

@VikingFan2k2. Enjoy my rant.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are once again being shut down by cole fucking irving. We cant hit. We make no attempts to hit.

Every time a lefty starts we bat Kyle fucking Farmer clean up. This pile of shit entered with a OPS of 675 vs lefties. He struck out with runners on corners and 1 out in a 0-0 game.

Kyle bitchass Farmer is also the guy we bring in for "defense" to replace Julien(bad D, MLB bat) yet this loser double clutches a PERFECT feed from Correa on a DP. Not turned.

Why the fuck do we actively try not to play our best team?? Just play the youth. Stop using scrubs like Farmer and Vazquez. Theres a reason no one fucking wants them starting on their teams. THEY SUCK.

Vazquez playing over jeffers is jailable. Vazquez when playing batting 7th over 2 people who do not have extreme disabilities is executionable. Yet, here we fucking are.

I enjoyed it- it was very intelligently done.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would enjoy it if it weren't all true. Absolute Fucking stupidity. These starting pitchers should just go start fighting the hitters. Give up one run and the team loses.

Aside from the maddening decisions that he's made. Rocco has lost the team. There is no fire offensively. We've zombied our way to a 45-44 record primarily because the starting pitching has been elite. But that is almost definitely unsustainable. These guys can't keep limiting opponents to 0, 1 or 2 runs every time out.

His calling out the team resulted in 5 of 6, 3 of which were against the bottom-feeding Royals. This team would be a buried, afterthought in any other division.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope the Guards get one more win tomorrow and go into the break over .500 and in first place!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

no posts since Friday?

did the Orioles break your will?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets see how real that ERA is with Civale pitching in Texas tonight! .......

little worried.

just out of curiosity- what would an Ohtani package have to look like to rent him for half a season? what do you guys think?