• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have posted the rules of the CBA sty . in BA's case we can trade for him and then franchise him at least 2x at great cost 3x is untenable

i am not advocating solely build through the draft however i do believe you draft your own guys for your scheme and when the team is close to being a superbowl contender you get the guys to put you over the top

instantly better but what gage ? 2 more wins ? 3rd place in the NFC east ? 2nd WC ? . does that justify giving away draft picks for guys you can sign anyway ?

we dont know what this team is right now and what needs will be priority next season .

they might be a dime a dozen right now as the packers have shown and what the strengths of the last 2 drafts indicate

how many times do i have to see " sign the big name FA who will solve our problems " only to see it fizzle ? maybe 50% of the fa's we sign do well for us

i dont see BA and TH as being guys i gotta have at all costs at this time . we need to assess what we have then target what we need after prioritizing the needs
I have read the CBA in its entirety, and nothing in it says a precondition of a trade involving a player on a tag cannot be a newly negotiated contract with his potential new team. (CBA Article 10 pages 58-66.)

Now if a player balks, which is what you're talking about, and refuses to negotiate that new deal, then the deal doesn't get done. You insist that this is like the NBA and it's not a sign and trade, it's a conditional trade and sign but it must be done before the mid-July deadline.

According to the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), a franchise-tagged player can be traded, but there are specific rules regarding the signing of a new contract with the new team. Once a franchise tag is applied, the player may sign only a one-year contract with their prior club for that season, and such a player contract may not be extended until after the club's last regular season game of that league year.

If the franchise tag is removed after the mid-July deadline, the player can sign only a one-year deal with the team that tagged them. If the tender is removed, the player can sign a long-term contract with another team. This means that a trade can be made on the condition that the player signs a new contract with the new team, but it would have to be a one-year contract if it’s after the mid-July deadline. The player would not be able to sign a long-term deal with the new team until the next league year.

What's confusing about "instantly better?" Adding a player like Aiyuk or Higgins improves the team, is this disputable? Your use of language is telling! "Giving away draft picks," screams of prior disappointment, cloaked in uncertainty and wrapped in Snyder's shock! The interesting part of that statement is a seeming certainty that Washington can get either of them in free agency.

Y.O.U.... don't know what we have, or "what this team is right now," and that's fair, but to suggest that "we" don't doesn't account for the fact that some, like myself do know what we have and "what this team is right now." In as much as priorities next year, it's a football team with a finite number of needs, therefore, barring some catastrophic event (injury, organizational shift, or someone wanting out) it's not very difficult to see what's needed now and in the future. This especially holds for those who can look at the organization/team without trepidation. I made this statement years ago on this board and it bears repeating... "Regardless of position, this team must always be in upgrade mode!"

You wrote... "how many times do I have to see " sign the big name FA who will solve our problems " only to see it fizzle? maybe 50% of the fa's we sign do well for us." Now that you've read or reread it you'd have to admit that this is a throwback statement, reflective of a prior ownership group and staff. I get it, just because Snyder is gone, doesn't mean that he hasn't left a horde of people needing therapy from decades of entertainment abuse.

I too don't see "AB and TH as being guys I gotta have at all costs at this time," so we agree on that point, however, the window for the Jayden Daniels is 3 years, and wasting one of them ONLY because of fear, (Dan-delusion) is not reason enough for me to pretend not to know that adding something other than what we currently have, especially TH, (I'll accept AB) gives him a better chance to succeed in this critical first year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have read the CBA in its entirety, and nothing in it says a precondition of a trade involving a player on a tag cannot be a newly negotiated contract with his potential new team. (CBA Article 10 pages 58-66.)

Now if a player balks, which is what you're talking about, and refuses to negotiate that new deal, then the deal doesn't get done. You insist that this is like the NBA and it's not a sign and trade, it's a conditional trade and sign but it must be done before the mid-July deadline.

According to the NFL’s Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA), a franchise-tagged player can be traded, but there are specific rules regarding the signing of a new contract with the new team. Once a franchise tag is applied, the player may sign only a one-year contract with their prior club for that season, and such a player contract may not be extended until after the club's last regular season game of that league year.

If the franchise tag is removed after the mid-July deadline, the player can sign only a one-year deal with the team that tagged them. If the tender is removed, the player can sign a long-term contract with another team. This means that a trade can be made on the condition that the player signs a new contract with the new team, but it would have to be a one-year contract if it’s after the mid-July deadline. The player would not be able to sign a long-term deal with the new team until the next league year.

What's confusing about "instantly better?" Adding a player like Aiyuk or Higgins improves the team, is this disputable? Your use of language is telling! "Giving away draft picks," screams of prior disappointment, cloaked in uncertainty and wrapped in Snyder's shock! The interesting part of that statement is a seeming certainty that Washington can get either of them in free agency.

Y.O.U.... don't know what we have, or "what this team is right now," and that's fair, but to suggest that "we" don't doesn't account for the fact that some, like myself do know what we have and "what this team is right now." In as much as priorities next year, it's a football team with a finite number of needs, therefore, barring some catastrophic event (injury, organizational shift, or someone wanting out) it's not very difficult to see what's needed now and in the future. This especially holds for those who can look at the organization/team without trepidation. I made this statement years ago on this board and it bears repeating... "Regardless of position, this team must always be in upgrade mode!"

You wrote... "how many times do I have to see " sign the big name FA who will solve our problems " only to see it fizzle? maybe 50% of the fa's we sign do well for us." Now that you've read or reread it you'd have to admit that this is a throwback statement, reflective of a prior ownership group and staff. I get it, just because Snyder is gone, doesn't mean that he hasn't left a horde of people needing therapy from decades of entertainment abuse.

I too don't see "AB and TH as being guys I gotta have at all costs at this time," so we agree on that point, however, the window for the Jayden Daniels is 3 years, and wasting one of them ONLY because of fear, (Dan-delusion) is not reason enough for me to pretend not to know that adding something other than what we currently have, especially TH, (I'll accept AB) gives him a better chance to succeed in this critical first year.
I don’t see us as wasting anything . We have 5 years if we pick up his option before having to use franchise tags up to 3 yrs , but realistically 2 .

I am pretty sure the NFL avg of hitting on FA’s is about 50% .

I feel we can simply draft wrs and save the money and if I need more of an immediate fix then OT wins hands down (2)

The last 2 drafts the deepest position has been wr and this next class appears to be the same .

If I am the 49ers I am not trading BA because they are superbowl winning contenders . If I am the skins I am sitting tight assessing what we have and if needs be make a run at Tee or Deebo or BA

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep comparing the possible Aiyuk trade to the Sweat and Young trade everyone knew Sweat would probably work out for Chicago and Young I knew wasn't going to work for the 49ers he is lazy and has his head up his ass
still has it firmly lodged there.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see us as wasting anything . We have 5 years if we pick up his option before having to use franchise tags up to 3 yrs , but realistically 2 .

I am pretty sure the NFL avg of hitting on FA’s is about 50% .

I feel we can simply draft wrs and save the money and if I need more of an immediate fix then OT wins hands down (2)

The last 2 drafts the deepest position has been wr and this next class appears to be the same .

If I am the 49ers I am not trading BA because they are superbowl winning contenders . If I am the skins I am sitting tight assessing what we have and if needs be make a run at Tee or Deebo or BA.

"I don’t see us as wasting anything. We have 5 years if we pick up his option before having to use franchise tags up to 3 yrs , but realistically 2."

Except for those draft picks you stated as "waste" in your previous post. Uncertainty would be the ONLY reason to tag this QB, if he plays to his promise year three will be the point in his career when concerns about a new contract kick in. There's plenty of evidence to support this. All of the following were awarded new contracts after their third seasons. Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Daniel Jones, Jared Goff, Russel Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, and Eli Manning, Were all given new contracts before or just after their third seasons. To be fair, others in more recent times were 5th-year options but almost all of them signed new contracts before the start of that 5th year.

"I am pretty sure the NFL avg of hitting on FAs is about 50%."

I'm pretty sure you specified Washington in your response and not the entire NFL or an NFL average.

"I feel we can simply draft WRS and save the money and if I need more of an immediate fix then OT wins hands down (2)"

I won't argue against your feelings on this one, but the most important thing for this organization/ team going forward is to secure the QB position. That said, Items 1 and 1A interchangeably are LT and WR on the offensive side of the ball. (TE is a close second)

"The last 2 drafts the deepest position has been WR and this next class appears to be the same."

Again, the MOST important thing for this organization, this year (2024 season) is securing the QB position. Not giving him every opportunity to succeed is organizational malpractice, when there were and are opportunities to do so. Unlike now, If there aren't any 25 and 26-year-old upgrades available, I could understand having to wait until another time.

"If I am the 49ers I am not trading BA because they are SuperBowl winning contenders. If I am the skins I am sitting tight assessing what we have and if needs be make a run at Tee or Deebo or BA"

I agree with you on the Niners not having any desire to trade BA. Next year would be the time for that unless they are sold on Ricky Pearsall and/or Jacob Cowling as immediate replacements. Now, knowing that there's an ownership learning curve for Josh Harris, if I'm the owner of the Commanders and my general manager couldn't or wouldn't be able to look at this roster and tell me where immediate upgrades are warranted, especially with a QB selected with the #2 pick in the draft on board, he would have to convince me why doing nothing when there's an opportunity to do so, is the better move. Hopefully, he won't use "it's cheaper to wait" against the best interest of my QB as his rationale.

Last edited:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don’t see us as wasting anything. We have 5 years if we pick up his option before having to use franchise tags up to 3 yrs , but realistically 2."

Except for those draft picks you stated as "waste" in your previous post. Uncertainty would be the ONLY reason to tag this QB, if he plays to his promise year three will be the point in his career when concerns about a new contract kick in. There's plenty of evidence to support this. All of the following were awarded new contracts after their third seasons. Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Jalen Hurts, Daniel Jones, Jared Goff, Russel Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, and Eli Manning, Were all given new contracts before or just after their third seasons. To be fair, others in more recent times were 5th-year options but almost all of them signed new contracts before the start of that 5th year.

"I am pretty sure the NFL avg of hitting on FAs is about 50%."

I'm pretty sure you specified Washington in your response and not the entire NFL or an NFL average.

"I feel we can simply draft WRS and save the money and if I need more of an immediate fix then OT wins hands down (2)"

I won't argue against your feelings on this one, but the most important thing for this organization/ team going forward is to secure the QB position. That said, Items 1 and 1A interchangeably are LT and WR on the offensive side of the ball. (TE is a close second)

"The last 2 drafts the deepest position has been WR and this next class appears to be the same."

Again, the MOST important thing for this organization, this year (2024 season) is securing the QB position. Not giving him every opportunity to succeed is organizational malpractice, when there were and are opportunities to do so. Unlike now, If there aren't any 25 and 26-year-old upgrades available, I could understand having to wait until another time.

"If I am the 49ers I am not trading BA because they are SuperBowl winning contenders. If I am the skins I am sitting tight assessing what we have and if needs be make a run at Tee or Deebo or BA"

I agree with you on the Niners not having any desire to trade BA. Next year would be the time for that unless they are sold on Ricky Pearsall and/or Jacob Cowling as immediate replacements. Now, knowing that there's an ownership learning curve for Josh Harris, if I'm the owner of the Commanders and my general manager couldn't or wouldn't be able to look at this roster and tell me where immediate upgrades are warranted, especially with a QB selected with the #2 pick in the draft on board, he would have to convince me why doing nothing when there's an opportunity to do so, is the better move. Hopefully, he won't use "it's cheaper to wait" against the best interest of my QB as his rationale.
Good post sty !

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like we are going to have to wait a year for a potential reunion. We'll see.

Screenshot_20240622_211042_Instagram.jpg

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to beat a dead horse because I just don't see it, but I found it interesting that the Skins and 49ers discussed an Aiyuk trade before the draft per Schefter.
2:50 minute mark

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of trades are discussed that never happen. Clearly as AS pointed out the 49ers have three years of control. Of course Aiyuk knows that and is trying to find a way to get paid more.