• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why ? simply wait till fa and save the picks and the roll over cap , we arent going anywhere this year . we arent winning a superbowl with BA this year . why take the chance and blow the draft pick and possibly lose the player too . then you are down 2 resources or more with nothing to show for it .
I agree with your logic of waiting until FA. There is some merit to that. I still think if they traded for Aiyuk, they would have assurances from his camp that if the Skins ripped up his contract and offered him a new one, he'd sign it.

Peters isn't trading for Aiyuk unless he knows for sure Aiyuk will re-sign. It's all about compensation for me. I draw the line at a 2nd. Be pissed if we offered a 1st for him. I understand you and others wanting to wait.

Aiyuk
McLaurin
Dotson
McCaffery
Ertz
Sinnott
Ekeler
Robinson Jr.

Temping. I'm good either way. I'm not really a huge Aiyuk guy, but I understood he fundamentally changes our offense.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your logic of waiting until FA. There is some merit to that. I still think if they Skins traded for Aiyuk, they would have assurances from his camp that if the Skins ripped up his contract and offered him a new one, he'd sign it.

Peters isn't trading for Aiyuk unless he knows for sure Aiyuk will re-sign. It's all about compensation for me. I draw the line at a 2nd. I understand you and others wanting to wait.

Aiyuk
McLaurin
Dotson
McCaffery
Ertz
Sinnott
Ekeler
Robinson Jr.

Temping. I'm good either way. I'm not really a huge Aiyuk guy, but I understood he fundamentally changes our offense.

Right, I would need assurances on a LTD to make that trade. A 3rd and Brown should get it done.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I would need assurances on a LTD to make that trade. A 3rd and Brown should get it done.
I don't see anyway the 49ers punt on maximizing their SB chances for a 3rd round pick and a bust so far.

They can make a run and get a comp 3rd. The Steelers and a few other teams would offer much more. JMO

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyway the 49ers punt on maximizing their SB chances for a 3rd round pick and a bust so far.

They can make a run and get a comp 3rd. The Steelers and a few other teams would offer much more. JMO

you are probably right. What if BA holds out for a new deal?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are probably right. What if BA holds out for a new deal?
Guys who sit out a year usually don't come back the same save for John Riggins. That would be a huge gamble for Aiyuk.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with your logic of waiting until FA. There is some merit to that. I still think if they traded for Aiyuk, they would have assurances from his camp that if the Skins ripped up his contract and offered him a new one, he'd sign it.

Peters isn't trading for Aiyuk unless he knows for sure Aiyuk will re-sign. It's all about compensation for me. I draw the line at a 2nd. Be pissed if we offered a 1st for him. I understand you and others wanting to wait.

Aiyuk
McLaurin
Dotson
McCaffery
Ertz
Sinnott
Ekeler
Robinson Jr.

He traded for Chase without it and none of that is binding as it’s a violation of the “ good faith “ clause in the CBA

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i wanted to clarify previous points and my stance.

I wanted, and I'm still interested in Higgins trade and LTD.
I'm now for Brandon A, if we can get a LTD and it cost no more than a 2nd and 7th.

As a few have mentioned, its reasonable to believe having a WR you already know in the building will help Daniels immediately. It could also open things up for TMAC and co.
At some point, because you've saved money you spend it on a valuable chess piece.
I agree with folks who said build through the draft. However I'm optimistic and within 2 years when we are picking in the late 20s, a more important prospect will likely be on board.

Its good not to waste picks or money but there are occasions where you don't want to regret playing it "safe "

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He traded for Chase without it and none of that is binding as it’s a violation of the “ good faith “ clause in the CBA
I think from jump we all knew, Peters included that Chase was a rental.

Wink wink deals happen a lot.
Screenshot_20240618_133837_Google.jpg

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aiyuk
McLaurin dressed in camo,drinking a beer.
Dotson
McCaffery
Ertz
Sinnott
Ekeler
Robinson Jr.

he is awful fast,but not 1 worthy.
Guys who sit out a year usually don't come back the same save for John Riggins. That would be a huge gamble for Aiyuk.
I,m Bored,I,m broke and I,m back,said riggins- to Gibbs while holding a beer.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is Aiyuk
no he isnt he is on a tag, and thats why a i keep mentioning one year rental . the comparison you need to make is sweat and chase one worked one didnt

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no he isnt he is on a tag, and thats why a i keep mentioning one year rental . the comparison you need to make is sweat and chase one worked one didnt
Yeah, I get that. My point was there have been wink wink deals with players where once we aquire you, we will rip up your contact and give you what you're asking for. That's all im saying. It happens more than you think.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the team trading the player, a trade is pretty much treated the same as the release of a player – the team is relieved of paying all future base salaries, but still must account for the bonus money that has already been paid to the player.

this is why there are no sign and trades in the NFL . the trading team must sign the player "in good faith " and as such any bonus money the team trading him is on the hook for that bonus . for that year . as a dead cap hit

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens a lot skinsdad. Raiders traded for Adams while he was on the tag and immediately gave him a new contract.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I get that. My point was there have been wink wink deals with players where once we aquire you, we will rip up your contact and give you what you're asking for. That's all im saying. It happens more than you think.
there are none of those either . chase is a case in point. if i am the agent of BA , Tee or anyone else i am getting my client to FA unless the team that trades for me offers an unbelievable extension . in the case of BA there is NO CONTRACT to rip up , same with higgins , , they are on tags and are in the last year of their contracts technically hence there is no obligation to resign with us . wilson's situation was completely different . the broncos offered an outlandish price . now 30 mil is the "going rate " in the BA situation so we would have to offer the outlandish rate to secure BA . i aint paying 40 to 45 mil for a WR to secure him for the future and give up picks just to go 9-8 .

and we havent talked about serious holes at OT (both ) and CB

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happens a lot skinsdad. Raiders traded for Adams while he was on the tag and immediately gave him a new contract.

as i said before adams and sweat worked out , chase didnt , i am not risking it for 2 more wins at best when i have major holes at OT and CB plus whatever holes we find out about in the new system

to say it happens alot is a reach . many trades dont even get off the ground because of the risk

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as i said before adams and sweat worked out , chase didnt , i am not risking it for 2 more wins at best when i have major holes at OT and CB plus whatever holes we find out about in the new system

to say it happens alot is a reach . many trades dont even get off the ground because of the risk
So you think Peters trades for Aiyuk without assurances. I dont.