• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we aren't going anywhere with Terry, Dotson and McCaffery in the playoffs.
Double Terry, let McCaffrey do his thing and see which Dotson comes to play.

At some point you have to upgrade to beat out Philly and Dallas, Higgins or Ayuik fit the proper time to do it. Philly just put on another draft clinic, and Dallas is Dallas.

I'm all for not wasting picks, but we gotta spend the money somewhere

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Dotson balls out this year the old coaching staff was f'n horrible

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, we aren't going anywhere with Terry, Dotson and McCaffery in the playoffs.
Double Terry, let McCaffrey do his thing and see which Dotson comes to play.

At some point you have to upgrade to beat out Philly and Dallas, Higgins or Ayuik fit the proper time to do it. Philly just put on another draft clinic, and Dallas is Dallas.

I'm all for not wasting picks, but we gotta spend the money somewhere
Yes , next year when we know what we have and when we don’t have to give up assets (draft ) to get them . We ain’t there yet . Another area may pop us as a severe need in this scheme

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP Finlay doesn't see it. Thinks it would have happened by now. Did say that it could. Gave it a 30% chance. Said he thinks the Skins should find out whether Jayden can play first.

If he can, then you go all in.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JP Finlay doesn't see it. Thinks it would have happened by now. Did say that it could. Gave it a 30% chance. Said he thinks the Skins should find out whether Jayden can play first.

If he can, then you go all in.
I'm hoping that you've misquoted JP Finley Two things can be true at the same time and building this team while testing out your new QB is a great example of that. Let's say that Daniels can play and they don't upgrade at WR until next year. Daniels is one year removed from seeing his full potential, and Terry will be hitting that peak year (30) before Daniels's second year begins. At that point you're not going to need one new WR, you're going g to need at least two.

OTOH, let's say that Daniels can't play, (LOL) now you're going g to need a QB plus two new receivers.

How on earth does waiting to build make sense considering what you now have? Hope is a wonderful thing, but preparing for what you know is coming is far better. Btw: when you can get young talented assets now, do it! Waiting for them to become free agents invites too many variables that aren't in your favor.

Here's the reason why I mentioned Terry's age (he's 28 now and his birthday is September 15th, 1995) ..,. The peak age for an NFL wide receiver appears to land at ages 23 to 30, as 80.05 percent of the individual seasons fall within this range. A more magnified peak is in the 25 to 29 range, where 56.36 percent of peak seasons reside.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm hoping that you've misquoted JP Finley Two things can be true at the same time and building this team while testing out your new QB is a great example of that. Let's say that Daniels can play and they don't upgrade at WR until next year. Daniels is one year removed from seeing his full potential, and Terry will be hitting that peak year (30) before Daniels's second year begins. At that point you're not going to need one new WR, you're going g to need at least two.

OTOH, let's say that Daniels can't play, (LOL) now you're going g to need a QB plus two new receivers.

How on earth does waiting to build make sense considering what you now have? Hope is a wonderful thing, but preparing for what you know is coming is far better. Btw: when you can get young talented assets now, do it! Waiting for them to become free agents invites too many variables that aren't in your favor.

Here's the reason why I mentioned Terry's age (he's 28 now and his birthday is September 15th, 1995) ..,. The peak age for an NFL wide receiver appears to land at ages 23 to 30, as 80.05 percent of the individual seasons fall within this range. A more magnified peak is in the 25 to 29 range, where 56.36 percent of peak seasons reside.

That's a fair take @Stymietee
For me it's all about the asking price. Developing Jayden has to be one of the top priorities. Just depends on what the 49ers are asking for.

The 30 million doesn't really concern me too much. That's the going rate for someone with Aiyuk's numbers.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

again you cant build through the draft if you dont have picks . also wrs are becoming the new RB . a dime a dozen . 3rd why are we hell bent on giving draft picks up for potential one year rentals ? either daniels can hit mccaffery or he cant , if mccaffery botches it its on him not daniels . so how are we wasting anything ? sorry but i can get the asset next year without giving up resources .

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again you cant build through the draft if you dont have picks . also wrs are becoming the new RB . a dime a dozen . 3rd why are we hell bent on giving draft picks up for potential one year rentals ? either daniels can hit mccaffery or he cant , if mccaffery botches it its on him not daniels . so how are we wasting anything ? sorry but i can get the asset next year without giving up resources .

i agree with you but if the trade is made an Aiyuk signs a long term deal with us as part of the deal does that change things? I agree we shouldn't be giving up draft picks., especially if he doesnt sign long term here.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree with you but if the trade is made an Aiyuk signs a long term deal with us as part of the deal does that change things? I agree we shouldn't be giving up draft picks., especially if he doesnt sign long term here.
a 4 and brown or Datsun is as far as I,expect peters to go if it comes to it.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the 49ers I'm keeping Aiyuk and taking the comp 3rd. The clock is ticking on that roster. They are not going to be able to pay everyone, especially once they have to pay Purdy.

If I'm Shanahan, it's all hands on deck for this year.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are no sign and trades in the NFL this isnt the NBA , so you take a gamble getting only a one year rental . the bears gambled and won , the 49ers gambled and lost . to me you can draft wrs , good ones , rather then give up draft assets and risk getting nothing

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are no sign and trades in the NFL this isnt the NBA , so you take a gamble getting only a one year rental . the bears gambled and won , the 49ers gambled and lost . to me you can draft wrs , good ones , rather then give up draft assets and risk getting nothing

i agree but you cant put a provision in the trade where he has to sign a long-term deal here?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm the 49ers I'm keeping Aiyuk and taking the comp 3rd. The clock is ticking on that roster. They are not going to be able to pay everyone, especially once they have to pay Purdy.

If I'm Shanahan, it's all hands on deck for this year.
and thats the thing in a nutshell , to get him you would have to overpay and you still could come up empty long term .. just wait to FA , they cant keep both deebo and him nor can the bengals afford higgins

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I,d love to see him long term in DC,but it will be worth a gamble imo.he,s a great wr and moves us way up on offense if he comes here.