• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following is not a political statement:

While I appreciate your conservative tact toward rebuilding the team if AP makes moves in a more aggressive, progressive, and proactive, manner, there's nothing stupid or short-term gratifying about those moves if they immediately improve the team over the long term, correct?
We aren’t at the place in roster / team development to need to be aggressive in a move that is reflective of a team ready to be a superbowl contender , not a team that will be lucky to make a WC if we proceed with a trade costing us multiple too 100 prospects as well as taking 1/3 of our projected cap .

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren’t at the place in roster / team development to need to be aggressive in a move that is reflective of a team ready to be a superbowl contender , not a team that will be lucky to make a WC if we proceed with a trade costing us multiple too 100 prospects as well as taking 1/3 of our projected cap .
The place where this team finds itself is the National Football League! They play every year like everyone else in the league and in that environment, they play with the purpose and goal of winning every game that they are scheduled to play.

That said...

Roster/team development is NOT a one-way proposition. Sometimes you have to be conservative and sometimes more proactive/ aggressive. Either way, the goal, is one that makes your team more competitive than they were before any moves are made. The closer they are to being a playoff team than they originally were is a good thing, regardless of cost, because... well... you're better than you were. Why it's important to have a steeper hill to climb than you'd have by doing nothing baffles me. Time is also important, careers are short, and improvement is improvement just as long as you consider the long term which has everything to do with the age of the person who brings that improvement.

Here's where I agree with you...

Doing dumb shit like trading for mid to older players or ones that don't fit your schemes. Costs and ROI are also important, that's why you trade for youth and talent.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The place where this team finds itself is the National Football League! They play every year like everyone else in the league and in that environment, they play with the purpose and goal of winning every game that they are scheduled to play.

That said...

Roster/team development is NOT a one-way proposition. Sometimes you have to be conservative and sometimes more proactive/ aggressive. Either way, the goal, is one that makes your team more competitive than they were before any moves are made. The closer they are to being a playoff team than they originally were is a good thing, regardless of cost, because... well... you're better than you were. Why it's important to have a steeper hill to climb than you'd have by doing nothing baffles me. Time is also important, careers are short, and improvement is improvement just as long as you consider the long term which has everything to do with the age of the person who brings that improvement.

Here's where I agree with you...

Doing dumb shit like trading for mid to older players or ones that don't fit your schemes. Costs and ROI are also important, that's why you trade for youth and talent.
Being better then we were for the short term and not being able to finish what you started does matter . Especially when by simply picking your spot makes the most sense .

Because if I wait I can get the best of both worlds and a player the fits our needs better .

So I will coach up the guys we have here for now and if an opportunity arises for the right price I will move on it
I am not interested in a 3 to 4 yr window, I am interested in a 10 to 15 yr run
I don’t believe Brown and LMC believe they can’t be difference makers . I don’t believe their teammates feel they are career scrubs either . I believe this team wants to prove they belong and ate part of the solution and in no way , shape , or form do they believe it’s a waste of time .

Now you and I know some if not most are scubs but it isn’t a waste of time to find out who is and isn’t ,

The players believe they are answers not detriments

When the prediction thread comes out I will elaborate more on my vision

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being better then we were for the short term and not being able to finish what you started does matter . Especially when by simply picking your spot makes the most sense .

Because if I wait I can get the best of both worlds and a player the fits our needs better .

So I will coach up the guys we have here for now and if an opportunity arises for the right price I will move on it
I am not interested in a 3 to 4 yr window, I am interested in a 10 to 15 yr run
I don’t believe Brown and LMC believe they can’t be difference makers . I don’t believe their teammates feel they are career scrubs either . I believe this team wants to prove they belong and ate part of the solution and in no way , shape , or form do they believe it’s a waste of time .

Now you and I know some if not most are scubs but it isn’t a waste of time to find out who is and isn’t ,

The players believe they are answers not detriments

When the prediction thread comes out I will elaborate more on my vision
A 23, 24, 25, or even a 26-year-old is not a short-term answer, that's just fact!

Waiting puts them into a bidding war and subjects Washington to being an undesired destination on the player's part.

"Coaching up" guys with resumes' that tell you more about them than the coaching that they got is a factor. Jahan Dotson, for example, cried about coaching last year and his output, which is his resume' was adversely affected.

What players feel or believe isn't important, what they do is, and if your play says you're a scrub or lesser than the best, then...

If you already know that they're scrubs or lesser talents than you want, it is a waste of time proving that point...again! Why on earth did AP come in and immediately replace 35 guys on the roster without giving them the chance to "find out who is or isn't?" (hint: he already knew)

I can hardly wait to read it next week!

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether DQ is calling it a recalibrate instead of rebuild is semantics.

Most knew this was at least a one year build and more likely two.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 23, 24, 25, or even a 26-year-old is not a short-term answer, that's just fact!

Waiting puts them into a bidding war and subjects Washington to being an undesired destination on the player's part.

"Coaching up" guys with resumes' that tell you more about them than the coaching that they got is a factor. Jahan Dotson, for example, cried about coaching last year and his output, which is his resume' was adversely affected.

What players feel or believe isn't important, what they do is, and if your play says you're a scrub or lesser than the best, then...

If you already know that they're scrubs or lesser talents than you want, it is a waste of time proving that point...again! Why on earth did AP come in and immediately replace 35 guys on the roster without giving them the chance to "find out who is or isn't?" (hint: he already knew)

I can hardly wait to read it next week!
It was argued that it isn’t “fair “ to the players to go through a rebuild . That. It lowered moral .this team isn’t in position to win a superbowl with BA this year or next year . Too many holes to fill and taking up 1/3 of your cap and blowing 2 to 3 top 100 players with the roster in this state is premature . Believe me if this FO thought this roster was ready to compete for super bowls then we don’t turn over Half the roster . Now if you want to trade one top 100 assets for a guy then I’m ready to listen but that isn’t what’s on the table

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was argued that it isn’t “fair “ to the players to go through a rebuild . That. It lowered moral .this team isn’t in position to win a superbowl with BA this year or next year . Too many holes to fill and taking up 1/3 of your cap and blowing 2 to 3 top 100 players with the roster in this state is premature . Believe me if this FO thought this roster was ready to compete for super bowls then we don’t turn over Half the roster . Now if you want to trade one top 100 assets for a guy then I’m ready to listen but that isn’t what’s on the table
Setting an annual goal to be SB participants is lofty and wonderful but advancements towards that annual goal is also important. Would you agree, that an 500 team is easier to improve upon than another 4 win one? How about one that scrapes its way into the playoff than a 500 win one? Perspective and where you actually are matters.

Here's where I agree and disagree with you...

This new group doesn't see this team as a SB team on that we agree. Where we differ is where they see themselves this year. I think that they believe that they can compete for a wildcard spot and/or because of the Dotson trade, vie for the division title.
I'm not sure if I agree with that or not, but from the new GM down, this is their only shot to make a good first impression. I don't think that there's anyone in the organization who is ready to settle for an " evaluation" season.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Harris just said on radio he does not want to be one and done in the playoffs. That they need continue to build to be where they want to be and that he does not want to short cut, he wants to build a team that can succeed year after year.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been persuaded to accept this isn't the year we form Voltron, but i do expect this team to make the playoffs. I know Ron made it when Dallas and Philly had injuries and bad coaching, so i expect this team to make it with better coaching and more talent.
I know we are suffering from spousal abuse married to this team(apologies if that was offensive to anyone) but I'm expecting at worst a wildcard

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been persuaded to accept this isn't the year we form Voltron, but i do expect this team to make the playoffs. I know Ron made it when Dallas and Philly had injuries and bad coaching, so i expect this team to make it with better coaching and more talent.
I know we are suffering from spousal abuse married to this team(apologies if that was offensive to anyone) but I'm expecting at worst a wildcard

But do we have more talent? RR decimated the talent available to this team for years. Essentially, we didn’t have a first round pick during his tenure as HC.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But do we have more talent? RR decimated the talent available to this team for years. Essentially, we didn’t have a first round pick during his tenure as HC.

Thats a fair question, i strongly believe we do. I'd also argue our leadership has improved. We've always had at least one match up where we've played division rivals tough, i expect that to continue as well as beat some teams the media doesn't expect us to

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats a fair question, i strongly believe we do. I'd also argue our leadership has improved. We've always had at least one match up where we've played division rivals tough, i expect that to continue as well as beat some teams the media doesn't expect us to

We have more talent than last year. I would say we have less talent as a whole compared to when RR took over.

The good news is, we have what may be the most talented QB we have ever had.most important position in football.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the upcoming prediction thread , brought to you by Sty , I will blow up that assertion

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe that it's too late to get any trade done in terms of getting the new guy, whoever he is, ready for the opening game.
Not that I'm against it, just it being poor timing. This late in training camp and you get a lot of soft tissue injuries with guys who haven't worked. Tee Higgins among those mentioned as trade possibilities, is the Lone exception.
exactly
Even if true, it was reported that San Fran. also wanted a receiver in the deal. Who do the Commanders have left, excluding TM, that the 49ers wants? Luke?? Dyami??
they allgedley wanted tm,which is a joke.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly Dotson couldn't get off the line, can't block and his motor was beginning to be questioned.

Kliff doesn't run a lot of motion and Peters wants to build the Skins in the same fashion he helped build the 49ers. He wants tough physical players.

Look at Aiyuk, Deebo, McCaffery, Kittle. Look at how hard it is to tackle them. Look at how hard these guys play and how physical they are.

Dyami is known for his downfield blocking if nothing else. We saw Jahan get blown up on that McLaurin bubble vs the Jets. Could be they were seeing that a lot in camp.

I gotta trust it until proven otherwise.
he fell a lot running routes too.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic’s Dianna Russini reports the 49ers offered a third-round pick for Courtland Sutton before signing Brandon Aiyuk to a four-year extension.
Russini reports that, had the Broncos accepted, the Niners would have then shipped Aiyuk to the Steelers. All this is kind of pointless counterfactual, but it underscores the fact that Aiyuk’s return is strictly a business decision for both sides. Aiyuk was willing to play hardball and the 49ers were unwilling to harm their 2024 championship odds. It’s also a clear indication the Niners aren’t counting on instant contributions from 2024 first-rounder Ricky Pearsall.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
36 pages of conversation for a guy who resigned. It is good for forums.