• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aiyuk tells Jayden 49ers don't want him back.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not bad, but 4 questions for clarity.
Where's Noah Brown?
How much are you paying Higgins and McLaurin?
Higgins as a free agent =?
McLaurin on last year of his contract at 31=?
I thought about Noah and Dyami. I don't see Dyami moving from #2 to #4 in this scenario, so I let him move on.

Hopefully he breaks out and negates the need to draft Hunter and sign Higgins.

Hard to plan for 2025 with Noah as a priority. I live in Houston and all my Texans friends say we got a huge steal and Noah can play. They did say he has little nagging injuries. We'll see.

Higgins as a free agent, because I'm not sure the Bengals pay Chase what he wants and bring Higgins back.

I drafted Hunter in part because of McLaurin's cotract and age.

Let's say Dyami has a good season, but not good enough to have Peters pass on signing a big name FA WR.

As far as dollar amount, I'll leave that up to you Sty. I trust you know what it would take to keep McLaurin in the fold and sign Higgins.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Deion has already come out and stated Shadeur and Hunter will not go to certain teams. Sounds like another “Ball” daddy.
Eli turned out okay.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about Noah and Dyami. I don't see Dyami moving from #2 to #4 in this scenario, so I let him move on.

Hopefully he breaks out and negates the need to draft Hunter and sign Higgins.

Hard to plan for 2025 with Noah as a priority. I live in Houston and all my Texans friends say we got a huge steal and Noah can play. They did say he has little nagging injuries. We'll see.

Higgins as a free agent, because I'm not sure the Bengals pay Chase what he wants and bring Higgins back.

I drafted Hunter in part because of McLaurin's cotract and age.

Let's say Dyami has a good season, but not good enough to have Peters pass on signing a big name FA WR.

As far as dollar amount, I'll leave that up to you Sty. I trust you know what it would take to keep McLaurin in the fold and sign Higgins.
they have high hopes for dyami.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you don't draft him....simple

No…you draft him anyways. You do not let the employees dictate the rules. There is no way they sacrifice eight million dollars and a year on their rookie contract.

So how did it work out for the Colts and even the Chargers for letting the player dictate their draft?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No…you draft him anyways. You do not let the employees dictate the rules. There is no way they sacrifice eight million dollars and a year on their rookie contract.

So how did it work out for the Colts and even the Chargers for letting the player dictate their draft?
Then you draft him......simple. lol

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This board cracks me up sometimes.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate the player, fellas. The players get paid very well no doubt, but relatively speaking n compared to NFL owners, head coaches and a certain commissioner. NFL players are taking up the far rear of the money train. Being an NFL owner is a fail-safe business where you can't, won't, or simply don't lose money at. Look at the money teams like the Skins, Lions, Browns, Cards Falcons, Jax made in 2022. All these teams have at times been train wrecks for long stretches in the 2000s. Every NFL Team Sees More Profit Than Any Premier League Club

NFL coaches, hell, and some college HCs make insane money. The commissioners of the NHL and MLB make 10 million annually, or so I've read. The NBA commish I've read makes 25 mill annually. Roger Goodell is damn near makin 64 million and his salary goes up every year. How many NFL players are making 64 mill per. NFL owners only pay 2 people really. The QB n the commissioner. And Goodell's salary I'm assuming comes from a pool involving all the owners. If that's the case. From an individual standpoint. Owners ain't really paying Goodell shit either.

I'm not advocation for change, The NFLPA did this largely to themselves. But lets not pretend that if we as mail men, factory workers, tool n dye workers, machanics, whatever your gig may be. Could negotiate for ourselves more money n financial security on said jobs by holding out n wanting more money than what we originally agreed to when we first got the job. That we'd take some kind of mythical n bullshit high road refusing to do so on principle.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't hate the player, fellas. The players get paid very well no doubt, but relatively speaking n compared to NFL owners, head coaches and a certain commissioner. NFL players are taking up the far rear of the money train. Being an NFL owner is a fail-safe business where you can't, won't, or simply don't lose money at. Look at the money teams like the Skins, Lions, Browns, Cards Falcons, Jax made in 2022. All these teams have at times been train wrecks for long stretches in the 2000s. Every NFL Team Sees More Profit Than Any Premier League Club

NFL coaches, hell, and some college HCs make insane money. The commissioners of the NHL and MLB make 10 million annually, or so I've read. The NBA commish I've read makes 25 mill annually. Roger Goodell is damn near makin 64 million and his salary goes up every year. How many NFL players are making 64 mill per. NFL owners only pay 2 people really. The QB n the commissioner. And Goodell's salary I'm assuming comes from a pool involving all the owners. If that's the case. From an individual standpoint. Owners ain't really paying Goodell shit either.

I'm not advocation for change, The NFLPA did this largely to themselves. But lets not pretend that if we as mail men, factory workers, tool n dye workers, machanics, whatever your gig may be. Could negotiate for ourselves more money n financial security on said jobs by holding out n wanting more money than what we originally agreed to when we first got the job. That we'd take some kind of mythical n bullshit high road refusing to do so on principle.
This brings up some very interesting questions about taxes and how much they actually pay and keep for themselves. I don't want to get too far into the weeds, but in more simplistic terms, U.S. tax code Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code specifically defines professional football leagues as exempt organizations under that section. These organizations are exempt whether or not they administer a pension fund for football players. To be clear, that's the league and not the individual owners. As for the team owners, most have income from other sources and some of those sources will generate a K-1 and be reported on the individual’s tax return, and some of the income sources are corporate entities that pay taxes directly. So there is really no concise way to answer the question.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This brings up some very interesting questions about taxes and how much they actually pay and keep for themselves. I don't want to get too far into the weeds, but in more simplistic terms, U.S. tax code Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code specifically defines professional football leagues as exempt organizations under that section. These organizations are exempt whether or not they administer a pension fund for football players. To be clear, that's the league and not the individual owners. As for the team owners, most have income from other sources and some of those sources will generate a K-1 and be reported on the individual’s tax return, and some of the income sources are corporate entities that pay taxes directly. So there is really no concise way to answer the question.
Yeah, that tax exempt status is extremely advantageous to say the least. The thing that's kinda blowing my mind now is how the NFL powers that be have cast away any n all semblance of trying to be fan/family friendly. The average ticket price in 2023 was $377.00. Up from $235.00 the year before. That's 1500+ dollars for a family of 4 n you haven't paid nary a dime for anything else. No merch, no gas, no food, nada. And look at that. The fuckin Raiders have the gall to be the most expensive ticket in the NFL.. Their last decent season was what? The year they got okee doked be that fake ass rule?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that tax exempt status is extremely advantageous to say the least. The thing that's kinda blowing my mind now is how the NFL powers that be have cast away any n all semblance of trying to be fan/family friendly. The average ticket price in 2023 was $377.00. Up from $235.00 the year before. That's 1500+ dollars for a family of 4 n you haven't paid nary a dime for anything else. No merch, no gas, no food, nada. And look at that. The fuckin Raiders have the gall to be the most expensive ticket in the NFL.. Their last decent season was what? The year they got okee doked be that fake ass rule?

I commented on this the other day. The average fan is now paying for one of the streaming channels and the NFL is trying to extend it to other channels so you have to pay something to watch most games. I'll watch the Redskins as I always have but I am not paying to watch other teams.

I don't know how or if families still buy season tickets. I'll pick one game to go see in person and that is it. Concerts are the same way now. Tickets are hundreds of dollars.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, going to a game for a family has to be like damn near taking a vacation these days.

I used bad mouth San Diego for letting the Chargers go, but they may deserve a couple atta boys instead.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah man, and they will keep on robbing the middle and working classes in this country blind. I don't want to turn this into a political thing but there has to be a whole Lotta people supporting this BS and they aren't complaining in big enough numbers to make a bit-of-difference. Maybe the entertainment value is just enough to keep folks shoving money
at it in buckets. The one thing that's clear to me about the good ole' U.S.A, is they may hem and haw about taxes and other things that serve the country, but shelling out for entertainment won't cause a blink.
According to research on the subject, the average American spends $3,568 on entertainment each year, which is just over $291 per month. Entertainment may include any number of things, such as going to the movies, sporting events, or seeing a concert.
Now about that family of four that you spoke about...$3,568 per year on entertainment-related purchases. For a family of four, that's $14,272!

Last edited:

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I commented on this the other day. The average fan is now paying for one of the streaming channels and the NFL is trying to extend it to other channels so you have to pay something to watch most games. I'll watch the Redskins as I always have but I am not paying to watch other teams.

I don't know how or if families still buy season tickets. I'll pick one game to go see in person and that is it. Concerts are the same way now. Tickets are hundreds of dollars.
Another shitty thing bring done is making someone pay for the entirety of NFL Ticket. Fans should be able to purchase a select team only package instead of the whole damn thing.

But as @Stymietee alluded to. The complaints aren't big enough n that must include a good portion of the public.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another shitty thing bring done is making someone pay for the entirety of NFL Ticket. Fans should be able to purchase a select team only package instead of the whole damn thing.

But as @Stymietee alluded to. The complaints aren't big enough n that must include a good portion of the public.

There were rumors that ESPN plus was going to offer a single team package for the season for $100. The NFL didn't like that and went with youtube TV b/c of money. IMO they would have gotten more subscribers with the single team package.