• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahhhhh the P12 and COLLEGE FOOTBALL

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They already get a fvckload of breaks.

Again I’m not against it for the student, just against it being not everyone.

I still doubt they’d just be ok with 1 and 3.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I’m not against it for the student, just against it being not everyone.

I still doubt they’d just be ok with 1 and 3.
Tell me you attended WVU yet you're clueless on breaks for minority students.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me you attended WVU yet you're clueless on breaks for minority students.

How am I clueless? Just because you are so indoctrinated in hating liberal ideas doesn’t mean someone who doesn’t share your radical view is clueless.

Stop being a pandering bitch.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 and 3 are doable and really not out of the question.

I can’t see 2 or most of 4 happening.

There are more than 4 proposals outlined. This is a starting place for a discussion, not necessarily the conclusion

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are more than 4 proposals outlined. This is a starting place for a discussion, not necessarily the conclusion

A discussion that won’t go far unless you think these demanders are ok with 1 and possibly 3 happening. I doubt that

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A discussion that won’t go far unless you think these demanders are ok with 1 and possibly 3 happening. I doubt that

It won’t go far if they say “it’s my way or the high way” but most negotiations don’t work like that. I think many of their proposals could be enacted and others will be modified

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won’t go far if they say “it’s my way or the high way” but most negotiations don’t work like that. I think many of their proposals could be enacted and others will be modified

A fair take. I think some of their demands will be met while others won’t.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How am I clueless? Just because you are so indoctrinated in hating liberal ideas doesn’t mean someone who doesn’t share your radical view is clueless.

Stop being a pandering bitch.
How much more free shit do they need at the expense of the taxpayers?

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much more free shit do they need at the expense of the US taxpayers?

It's not "free" when you have to work for it. They provide a service for the university in exchange for benefits. The players want more benefits. It's a labor dispute, simple as that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is backing them big time right now.. who knows if it translates to the people who matter.
Twitter isn't real life, as your post seems to indicate you know.
- 22% of the US are on Twitter
- The median Twitter user tweets twice a month (you read that correctly), has 19 followers, and follows 74 other accounts
- 10% of Twitter users post 80% of the posts - they are mostly women and discuss politics
- More likely to be Democrats

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More than half their demands aren't in any way reasonable at any time, a good bit of the others aren't practical at this time, and they have a few that makes sense some of which are already well under way. See my post above.

You don't typically start a good faith negotiation with a threat to walk out, and a list of unrealistic demands. They have painted themselves into a corner. The PAC simply can't do 90% of what they want, so they have to walk or show that they were dumbasses. They won't walk, so they are dumbasses. They will likely get lucky and the season will be cancelled and it won't matter.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not "free" when you have to work for it. They provide a service for the university in exchange for benefits. The players want more benefits. It's a labor dispute, simple as that.
Maybe the players should start their own league and forget about attending taxpayer funded public universities such as Oregon.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know who wrote all these demands for these precious darlings who never before kould rite reel good.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna take one side or the other.. People came at the players at Texas last month for doing the same thing and it was all worked out. But I do want to bring up the way it was written.. for being such a prestigious academic conference, the players who wrote this could take English writing again and proof read this before hitting send lol..

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you have an AD who doesn’t care about winning games, you’re probably right

Yes, I can see all AD’s praying that their football team bankrupts their entire athletic department because these kids are getting a full ride for the best internship in our country. The players are just entitled crybabies, that have no sense of the real world. Shit, is Holland and company going to boycott the NFL draft as well because he won’t get the same salary as the number 1 pick and has to perform at a high level to earn his pension? Let alone all the bs SJW crap.

Last edited:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I can see all AD’s praying that their football team bankrupts their entire athletic department because these kids are getting a full ride for the best internship in our country. The players are just entitled crybabies, that no sense of the real world. Shit, is Holland and company going to boycott the NFL draft as well because he won’t get the same salary as the number 1 pick and has to perform at a high level to earn his pension? Let alone all the bs SJW crap.
It was the Oregon players who started all this bs to begin with.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people following this are saying, well this is just a starting point. No, you don't start with absolutely unachievable goals. The folks you are negotiating with you simply say, we can't even come close to any of this. Come up with something realistic, and we can talk.

Also, when some of your members are saying, we know that this means we couldn't be in the NCAA and we are ok with that, it shows you aren't being serious.

- They were going to get a lot of this anyway - most of I, the NLI stuff.
- II is a non-starter, and not grounded in reality.
- III they can't really do (the society part), and where exactly is the racial injustice in college sports where blacks are far more highly represented than they are in society?
- IV - this is where there will be some real movement in the next decade - along with the NLI, the split from the NCAA by the P5, you will see a lot of this. G5 schools simply can't afford any of this.

Well the Pac 12 as a whole sure as hell cannot break away from the NCAA. SC, UW, Oregon and maybe UCLA might be able to. The revenue isn’t there right now and the demand for the Pac 12 isn’t there except pockets on the West Coast.