• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahhhhh the P12 and COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Pac 12 as a whole sure as hell cannot break away from the NCAA. SC, UW, Oregon and maybe UCLA might be able to. The revenue isn’t there right now and the demand for the Pac 12 isn’t there except pockets on the West Coast.
it won't be just them to break away.. the other P4 conferences will be breaking away too. There's no incentive to remain tied to the NCAA. They will get the rights to the money making MBB tournaments, college world series.. all of it.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it won't be just them to break away.. the other P4 conferences will be breaking away too. There's no incentive to remain tied to the NCAA. They will get the rights to the money making MBB tournaments, college world series.. all of it.
He was responding to my quote where I said that some of the signers of this were asked if they realized that if some of what they wanted were granted, it would mean they would be NCAA ineligible. They said they knew that and that was ok. Something about a sacrifice. I never took this seriously, but that is when I knew for sure this wasn't serious.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The other conferences have a much better footing to leave the NCAA. The Pac 12 as a whole is not. Key phrase, as a whole, a couple of universities can. But most of the schools will not generate enough revenue unless all the P5 schools get a monster television contract and spread it out evenly. But why the hell would the other 4 subsidize the conference with the least fan support thus revenue.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has lead the conference in attendance for the past four years so I'm thinking if anyone escapes out of this fvcked up conference it will be the Huskies.

* Looking at you B1G West

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has lead the conference in attendance for the past four years so I'm thinking if anyone escapes out of this fvcked up conference it will be the Huskies.

* Looking at you B1G West

Yes, I am sure Olympia would allow UW to go to the B1G. They have tried for two years to take over the revenue and deficits of the UW and Wazzu athletic departments.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am sure Olympia would allow UW to go to the B1G. They have tried for two years to take over the revenue and deficits of the UW and Wazzu athletic departments.
The B1G teams get fat ass payouts .. like megabucks.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Irrelevant if Olympia won’t allow you guys to go. UW and WSU are both a few votes shy of having their athletic department needing approval from the State legislature.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irrelevant if Olympia won’t allow you guys to go. UW and WSU are both a few votes shy of having their athletic department needing approval from the State legislature.
Nebraska is a big state and their football team sucks atm. There has to be a way to relocate UW to Nebraska .. somewhere next to a big ass lake.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nebraska is a big state and their football team sucks atm. There has to be a way to relocate UW to Nebraska .. somewhere next to a big ass lake.

UW Omaha extension campus I guess.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to make you mad sir, but how much more money does UW bring in if they joined the current B16? And is it enough to increase everyone else's share if you brought Wazzu with you too?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Works for me. Put a big fat ass poster of Mt. Rainer above the scoreboard and call it good.

Pretty sure they have tornado sirens already in place for when you guys score a touchdown too.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to make you mad sir, but how much more money does UW bring in if they joined the current B16? And is it enough to increase everyone else's share if you brought Wazzu with you too?
Any conference not named 'The PAC' would be more money than what UW is making atm. UW is usually right up there with USC in total gross revenue yet UW's academics are second only to Stanford as far as west coast schools go. The Big 12 would be nice with all that Texas recruiting they have down there. Those kids can play some serious football.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said a couple of teams. UW would and Oregon are two schools in the black so probably could. Washington State is in the red pretty good because Larry Scott promised schools X, so we maxed out our credit card at X but we ended up getting 1/2 of Z. But if there is a big 16 it’d be nice if we were attached because taking UW does not take the entire Seattle television market but outside of that, there isn’t really much value of Washington State because it is a very remote place to get to.

But on a side note with this. Out west most of the faculty on the academic side already dislike athletics (mostly football) what is the projected next step in your opinion when it comes to academics vs athletics at Universities.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said a couple of teams. UW would and Oregon are two schools in the black so probably could. Washington State is in the red pretty good because Larry Scott promised schools X, so we maxed out our credit card at X but we ended up getting 1/2 of Z. But if there is a big 16 it’d be nice if we were attached because taking UW does not take the entire Seattle television market but outside of that, there isn’t really much value of Washington State because it is a very remote place to get to.

But on a side note with this. Out west most of the faculty on the academic side already dislike athletics (mostly football) what is the projected next step in your opinion when it comes to academics vs athletics at Universities.
WSU just needs to relocate to Idaho. Not that far of a move and that state isn't run by leftwing lunatics.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any conference not named 'The PAC' would be more money than what UW is making atm. UW is usually right up there with USC in total gross revenue yet UW's academics are second only to Stanford as far as west coast schools go. The Big 12 would be nice with all that Texas recruiting they have down there. Those kids can play some serious football.

Sure, but if football breaks off, you guys dwarf Stanford’s revenue. They are private but everything I’ve seen on Stanford insinuates that football program doesn’t subsidize all the other sports as much as every other school. I believe golf and soccer are nearly in the black.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU just needs to relocate to Idaho. Not that far of a move and that state isn't run by leftwing lunatics.

If the 2020 population trend continues its course the “left wing” lunatics won’t be in power. But if we were to relocate it should to be Spokane like how the Apple Cups use to be. Moving to Idaho would kind of make the name of our university irrelevant.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the 2020 population trend continues its course the “left wing” lunatics won’t be in power. But if we were to relocate it should to be Spokane like how the Apple Cups use to be. Moving to Idaho would kind of make the name of our university irrelevant.
Western Idaho University .. it works.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
University of Washington will become 'Nebraska State Huskies' .. ya baby!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Western Idaho University .. it works.

Or, Eastern Washington could just secede from Western Washington like that has been talked about since I was in grade school. All works out. I hear Amazon is looking for a new home.