• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahhhhh the P12 and COLLEGE FOOTBALL

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m 100% athletic directors would prefer their head coaches to dismiss athletes from the team than get held hostage and by entitled children that don’t value their education.

As long as you have an AD who doesn’t care about winning games, you’re probably right

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you have an AD who doesn’t care about winning games, you’re probably right

Yeah, ADs aren’t going to distribute 50% of the revenue to the players. This ain’t the pros.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, ADs aren’t going to distribute 50% of the revenue to the players. This ain’t the pros.

I doubt they give 50% of the revenue to the players. However, I do think they will incorporate many of the ideas that the players are asking for.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they give 50% of the revenue to the players. However, I do think they will incorporate many of the ideas that the players are asking for.

The only thing I could see them getting is the Covid liability going away. They aren’t getting any revenue and no coaches/ admin salaries will be “Drastically” reduced.

Will they be ok with just the slips?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh no.. now I get to hear @michaeljordan_fan tell me that the 2020 ducks were set to win the title but covid and player strike ruined it.. will set back MNC 1 year.
giphy.gif

If you can find a post of me saying Oregon will make the playoffs, much less win the title...I'd like to see it.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing I could see them getting is the Covid liability going away. They aren’t getting any revenue and no coaches/ admin salaries will be “Drastically” reduced.

Will they be ok with just the slips?

You're oversimplifying it way too much. Go read what the players are asking for. There are a lot of things that players are asking for. I think many of them are easy changes and things that they will get.

The salary thing is in there to make a point IMO. The point is some people are making a lot of money from college football while the players have to deal with outdated rules that prevent them from being able to make money.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're oversimplifying it way too much. Go read what the players are asking for. There are a lot of things that players are asking for. I think many of them are easy changes and things that they will get.

The salary thing is in there to make a point IMO. The point is some people are making a lot of money from college football while the players have to deal with outdated rules that prevent them from being able to make money.

Ive seen them ask for 3 things. One is doable, the other 2 are near impossible.

Have they simplified what social injustices they want changed? That’s the 4th thing I’ve seen but that wasn’t clearly specified what they wanted out of that.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac-12 Football Unity Demands
To Protect and Benefit Both Scholarship and Walk-On Athletes

I. Health & Safety Protections
COVID-19 Protections
  1. Allow option not to play during the pandemic without losing athletics eligibility or spot on our team’s roster.
  2. Prohibit/void COVID-19 agreements that waive liability.
Mandatory Safety Standards, Including COVID-19 Measures
  1. Player-approved health and safety standards enforced by a third party selected by players to address COVID-19, as well as serious injury, abuse and death.
II. Protect All Sports
Preserve All Existing Sports by Eliminating Excessive Expenditures
  1. Larry Scott, administrators, and coaches to voluntarily and drastically reduce excessive pay.
  2. End performance/academic bonuses.
  3. End lavish facility expenditures and use some endowment funds to preserve all sports.*
*As an example, Stanford University should reinstate all sports discontinued by tapping into their $27.7 billion endowment.

III. End Racial Injustice in College Sports and Society
  1. Form a permanent civic-engagement task force made up of our leaders, experts of our choice, and university and conference administrators to address outstanding issues such as racial injustice in college sports and in society.
  2. In partnership with the Pac-12, 2% of conference revenue would be directed by players to support financial aid for low-income Black students, community initiatives, and development programs for college athletes on each campus.
  3. Form annual Pac-12 Black College Athlete Summit with guaranteed representation of at least three athletes of our choice from every school.
IV. Economic Freedom and Equity
Guaranteed Medical Expense Coverage
  1. Medical insurance selected by players for sports-related medical conditions, including COVID- 19 illness, to cover six years after college athletics eligibility ends.
Name, Image, and Likeness Rights & Representation
  1. The freedom to secure representation, receive basic necessities from any third party, and earn money for use of our name, image, and likeness rights.
Fair Market Pay, Rights, & Freedoms
  1. Distribute 50% of each sport’s total conference revenue evenly among athletes in their respective sports.
  2. Six-year athletic scholarships to foster undergraduate and graduate degree completion.
  3. Elimination of all policies and practices restricting or deterring our freedom of speech, our ability to fully participate in charitable work, and our freedom to participate in campus activities outside of mandatory athletics participation.
  4. Ability of players of all sports to transfer one time without punishment, and additionally in cases of abuse or serious negligence.
  5. Ability to complete eligibility after participating in a pro draft if player goes undrafted and foregoes professional participation within seven days of the draft.
  6. Due process rights

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To Protect and Benefit Both Scholarship and Walk-On Athletes

COVID-19 Protections
  1. Allow option not to play during the pandemic without losing athletics eligibility or spot on our team’s roster.
  2. Prohibit/void COVID-19 agreements that waive liability.
Mandatory Safety Standards, Including COVID-19 Measures
  1. Player-approved health and safety standards enforced by a third party selected by players to address COVID-19, as well as serious injury, abuse and death.
II. Protect All Sports
Preserve All Existing Sports by Eliminating Excessive Expenditures
  1. Larry Scott, administrators, and coaches to voluntarily and drastically reduce excessive pay.
  2. End performance/academic bonuses.
  3. End lavish facility expenditures and use some endowment funds to preserve all sports.*
*As an example, Stanford University should reinstate all sports discontinued by tapping into their $27.7 billion endowment.

1. Form a permanent civic-engagement task force made up of our leaders, experts of our choice, and university and conference administrators to address outstanding issues such as racial injustice in college sports and in society.
  2. In partnership with the Pac-12, 2% of conference revenue would be directed by players to support financial aid for low-income Black students, community initiatives, and development programs for college athletes on each campus.
  3. Form annual Pac-12 Black College Athlete Summit with guaranteed representation of at least three athletes of our choice from every school.
Guaranteed Medical Expense Coverage
  1. Medical insurance selected by players for sports-related medical conditions, including COVID- 19 illness, to cover six years after college athletics eligibility ends.
Name, Image, and Likeness Rights & Representation
  1. The freedom to secure representation, receive basic necessities from any third party, and earn money for use of our name, image, and likeness rights.
Fair Market Pay, Rights, & Freedoms
  1. Distribute 50% of each sport’s total conference revenue evenly among athletes in their respective sports.
  2. Six-year athletic scholarships to foster undergraduate and graduate degree completion.
  3. Elimination of all policies and practices restricting or deterring our freedom of speech, our ability to fully participate in charitable work, and our freedom to participate in campus activities outside of mandatory athletics participation.
  4. Ability of players of all sports to transfer one time without punishment, and additionally in cases of abuse or serious negligence.
  5. Ability to complete eligibility after participating in a pro draft if player goes undrafted and foregoes professional participation within seven days of the draft.
  6. Due process rights

1 and 3 are doable and really not out of the question.

I can’t see 2 or most of 4 happening.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They were already going to get a lot of this. The conferences are not going to withhold a scholly if someone wants to sit out.

They won't get "player approved"anything. They just don't get a seat at that table like this.

II. Protect All Sports

No one is going to take too big a haircut on salaries. Some coaches have agreed to temporary reductions, but none of those making big bucks is going to volunteer to give it back.

Larry Scott is the worst commissioner, and he's basically stealing money every day he gets paid, but that's a different story altogether.

Sorry, but finances require that some sports are going away for a while. Reality is a bitch.

Stanford can't use it's endowment that way. The players don't understand what endowments are or how they work, obviously.

Ending lavish facility expenditures can end as soon as UGA completes theirs. That said, all of that is funded by alumni and donations. They aren't making sense here.

Their demands are racist. I am all for what we can do to end racism of any kind. So, let's not start using 2% of revenue for just black players. Not that they will get it, but if you are going to do that, it would be for underprivileged kids of all colors.

What exactly can the PAC do to end racial injustice in society; and when 80% of the participants are black, where is the racial injustice in college sports?

Guaranteed Medical Expense Coverage - I actually don't have a problem with this. Covering sports-related medical conditions for a while seems sensible. And, it wouldn't be that expensive, I am guessing.

Name, Image, and Likeness Rights & Representation - that's already going to happen.

Fair Market Pay, Rights, & Freedoms - this is so dumb ... make all these demands that all this money be spent, and then say we get 50% of revenues when most universities are already in the red.

Six-year athletic scholarships to foster undergraduate and graduate degree completion - this, too, is reasonable. Hardly costs anything. That said, this would have to be a NCAA thing, not a PAC thing.

Ability of players of all sports to transfer one time without punishment, and additionally in cases of abuse or serious negligence - this is also going to happen within the next couple years. The PAC can't do this without the NCAA.

Ability to complete eligibility after participating in a pro draft if player goes undrafted and foregoes professional participation within seven days of the draft - haven't thought enough about this, but there are serious problems ... the team has brought in 25 new players based on people leaving. Just don't be stupid and try to go pro unless you know it's going to happen.

Due process rights - don't even know what this means.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's looking like :tb: knew what he was doing with his "peace out, bitches!" thread.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people following this are saying, well this is just a starting point. No, you don't start with absolutely unachievable goals. The folks you are negotiating with you simply say, we can't even come close to any of this. Come up with something realistic, and we can talk.

Also, when some of your members are saying, we know that this means we couldn't be in the NCAA and we are ok with that, it shows you aren't being serious.

- They were going to get a lot of this anyway - most of I, the NLI stuff.
- II is a non-starter, and not grounded in reality.
- III they can't really do (the society part), and where exactly is the racial injustice in college sports where blacks are far more highly represented than they are in society?
- IV - this is where there will be some real movement in the next decade - along with the NLI, the split from the NCAA by the P5, you will see a lot of this. G5 schools simply can't afford any of this.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is backing them big time right now.. who knows if it translates to the people who matter.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 and 3 are doable and really not out of the question.

I can’t see 2 or most of 4 happening.
It amazes me how many posters on here attended college yet don't seem to have a clue as to how many govt. benis are available for minorities.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twitter is backing them big time right now.. who knows if it translates to the people who matter.
Fvck twitter and fvck these pricks. Name a sport these leftist fvcknuts haven't fvcked up.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me how many posters on here attended college yet don't seem to have a clue as to how many govt. benis are available for minorities.

3 really isn’t that bad to me. Yes minority scholarships are a thing but more help for students not playing sports is cool in my book. Just wish they’d say underprivileged of all color.

I can’t see these demanders be ok with just 1 and 3 though.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 really isn’t that bad to me. Yes minority scholarships are a thing but more help for students not playing sports is cool in my book. Just wish they’d say underprivileged of all color.

I can’t see these demanders be ok with just 1 and 3 though.
They already get a fvckload of breaks.