• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ahhhhh the P12 and COLLEGE FOOTBALL

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're already preparing to negotiate with the PAC12 Players Union? Yep, the end is 'nigh!

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bothell is a satellite campus, Seattle is the main campus. Fact of the matter is UW is ranked #2 in the US for public universities and #10 in the world in regards to academics. Those are the facts.

UW retains top spot in medicine in U.S. News school rankings; earns other high marks

uwacademics.jpg
Look, you can cherry pick whatever rankings you want, but at the end of the day by any objective evaluation, UW isn't the no. 2 public university in the US. I don't really care, I like UW. Great school, beautiful campus. It just struck me as odd when I've followed this for a and I never saw UW close to no. 2. So, if cherry picking a couple favorable rankings make your feel good, good for you. Here are 6 others that say otherwise, and they are all very consistent in which schools are at the top.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public - no. 22

2020 Top Public Universities in America - no. 19

Best public universities in the United States 2020 - no. 7

Best Public Colleges & Universities | Top 100 Consensus Ranked Schools 2020 - no 15

The 20 Top Public Universities - no. 13

Top 25 Public Colleges 2019: The Best Education For $30,000 Less - no. 12

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, you can cherry pick whatever rankings you want, but at the end of the day by any objective evaluation, UW isn't the no. 2 public university in the US. I don't really care, I like UW. Great school, beautiful campus. It just struck me as odd when I've followed this for a and I never saw UW close to no. 2. So, if cherry picking a couple favorable rankings make your feel good, good for you. Here are 6 others that say otherwise, and they are all very consistent in which schools are at the top.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities/top-public - no. 22

2020 Top Public Universities in America - no. 19

Best public universities in the United States 2020 - no. 7

Best Public Colleges & Universities | Top 100 Consensus Ranked Schools 2020 - no 15

The 20 Top Public Universities - no. 13

Top 25 Public Colleges 2019: The Best Education For $30,000 Less - no. 12
EWN4VULUMAARqmT

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three out of four black babies are born into single parent families. Not sure how throwing more taxpayer money at them is going to change that kind of culture.

This isn’t tax payer money. Stop making it something it’s not. Like you always do.

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 Commissioner should immediately shut down all sports.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it came down to it I'm sure Tiger Woods would write a small check to the athletic department.

Sure he and Condi Rice would cut checks for Olympic sports but Stanford IMO does not the fan supppt or television market to be attractive enough if they can’t find an equal revenue split. Which goes to my point the Pac 12 as a whole cannot split from the NCAA and still have solvent athletic department.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're already preparing to negotiate with the PAC12 Players Union? Yep, the end is 'nigh!

This is why it is bad when athletes get into college when they were gold ticketed in high school and didn’t learn shit. The players literally have no leverage in this except chanting BLM. No school in the conference is going to the playoff anyway so when all these players boycott, this terminating their scholarship agreements they NCAA will make a waiver for all the G5 schools on the west coast to immediately be able to transfer and play.

And where are the women’s group calling them out as sexists and fascists for this. Forcing a 50/50 revenue split means bye bye to every female sport in a public university.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac 12 Commissioner should immediately shut down all sports.

You haven’t our standing the landscape of the college football and basketball since he took over? He essentially did.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven’t our standing the landscape of the college football and basketball since he took over? He essentially did.
You are spot on - since he took over, the PAC has only been represented in the Final Four and the CFB Championship by one school, resulting in no national championships.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure he and Condi Rice would cut checks for Olympic sports but Stanford IMO does not the fan supppt or television market to be attractive enough if they can’t find an equal revenue split. Which goes to my point the Pac 12 as a whole cannot split from the NCAA and still have solvent athletic department.
Let's be real here. There are only about 30ish schools that can "stand on their own" in regards to athletic revenue. So, most are just like Stanford.

I think this COVID crap is going to creat a bell weather event. It seems many P5s, nearly all G5s and some other schools have relied heavily on football revenue (and in some cases basketball revenue) to fund very large portions of their athletic budgets. While others have never made enough off of either of those to rely on it to fund thier budgets. Which is why the Ivy League didn't hesitate to cancel/move their football season. Other schools are similar. Hell, the junior college here where I live couldn't fund one sport off gate revenue and damn sure doesn't have a media contract. Yet they are able to fund most of the main sports other than football. (The junior college conference they are in has decided to flip flop the seasons. All the spring sports are being play this semester and the normal fall sports will be played in the spring...possibly.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be real here. There are only about 30ish schools that can "stand on their own" in regards to athletic revenue. So, most are just like Stanford.

I think this COVID crap is going to creat a bell weather event. It seems many P5s, nearly all G5s and some other schools have relied heavily on football revenue (and in some cases basketball revenue) to fund very large portions of their athletic budgets. While others have never made enough off of either of those to rely on it to fund thier budgets. Which is why the Ivy League didn't hesitate to cancel/move their football season. Other schools are similar. Hell, the junior college here where I live couldn't fund one sport off gate revenue and damn sure doesn't have a media contract. Yet they are able to fund most of the main sports other than football. (The junior college conference they are in has decided to flip flop the seasons. All the spring sports are being play this semester and the normal fall sports will be played in the spring...possibly.

I do not disagree, we are making the semi same argument I am just coming at it from a Pac 12 POV. If the conferences break away from the NCAA they are going to have to get a monster television contract and all I’m saying is the Pac 12 as a whole doesn’t offer a lot for the B1G, SEC, Big 12 and the ACC to say, ya we will split this money evenly. I am just hoping the new round of the XFL can work out and the 1% of football players that deserving of getting paid go there instead of ruining the college football system.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not disagree, we are making the semi same argument I am just coming at it from a Pac 12 POV. If the conferences break away from the NCAA they are going to have to get a monster television contract and all I’m saying is the Pac 12 as a whole doesn’t offer a lot for the B1G, SEC, Big 12 and the ACC to say, ya we will split this money evenly. I am just hoping the new round of the XFL can work out and the 1% of football players that deserving of getting paid go there instead of ruining the college football system.
The PAC still has value but not for merging with the Big 10 west of the Big 12. They are a perfect fit geographically, as is. If all schools decide to break away, the value of the current PAC schools will go up knowing that they are apart of a 60 school league. Also, most importantly, they get rid of Larry Scott.