• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Aftermath

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Bill actually wondering if Gronk's all in or is the media saying Bill's wondering that? I haven't actually read any quotes from BB regarding Gronk but perhaps they exist.

My prediction is Gronk gets traded week 4 of the regular season after an impressive three first games. Everybody then calls BB an idiot after the Pats lose the next game, only to run the table after that and win the Super Bowl.
That is a great question, I am so disengaged with the media anymore. It just seem they are all reaching for some sort of participation award vs some admirable award in journalism.

I think if the team is going to trade him it will be during the draft or before, if he's gone and I really do not believe any of this, but if he's gone it should be draft day or sooner.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a great question, I am so disengaged with the media anymore. It just seem they are all reaching for some sort of participation award vs some admirable award in journalism.

I think if the team is going to trade him it will be during the draft or before, if he's gone and I really do not believe any of this, but if he's gone it should be draft day or sooner.

PFT reported today that Gronk will be traded. Right now just a matter of when.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PFT reported today that Gronk will be traded. Right now just a matter of when.
Yeah everyone and their brother, mother in law, great aunt and fans of Captain Kangaroo are all reporting that. I'll believe when I see it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24/7 is reporting several things.

Two free agent second round draft picks from 2014 visited the Patriots yesterday. WR Jordan Matthews drafted by the Eagles and traded to the Bills. 6'3" 220. The other is TE Troy Niklas drafted by the Cardinals. He's 6'7" 270.

They also report that several teams are preparing or have called the Patriots in regards to making a trade for Gronk. If the reports that Gronk is on the block are true, many more teams will at least inquire as to what the price will be for the potential HOF TE.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24/7 is reporting several things.

Two free agent second round draft picks from 2014 visited the Patriots yesterday. WR Jordan Matthews drafted by the Eagles and traded to the Bills. 6'3" 220. The other is TE Troy Niklas drafted by the Cardinals. He's 6'7" 270.

They also report that several teams are preparing or have called the Patriots in regards to making a trade for Gronk. If the reports that Gronk is on the block are true, many more teams will at least inquire as to what the price will be for the potential HOF TE.
Well one reported indicated if true the Ravens are very interested. Not sure where I read it, in fact I sort of halg ass ignored it. If and I mean IF this happens it will be during the draft.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've actually been saying the same thing about Gruden coming back into the league. He just cut one of the better players in King all because he didn't like his personality. He keeps bringing in all of these over the hill players because he seems to be stuck in the past and cannot connect with the newer generation. Belichick is definitely running into more and more players speaking out on social media and showing up in videos he would rather not have online. This is just the new generation coming into the league and what we are seeing is this push for younger coaches becasue they need somebody to connect with the players.

CD.....Belichick is just a couple of years younger than I am. I constantly realize more and more how out of touch I am with the younger generation. My 16 year old grandson lives with me and my wife and trying to keep up with him is impossible. And he expects me to do it, especially anything to do with football or basketball. Oh yeah, and getting his driver's license. I'm constantly warning him about social media and that nothing can ever be permanently erased...................but he doesn't care. It's far different world than I grew up in and as flexible as I think I am, some stuff just cause me to have to change my underwear.

Based on how I am, I know that Belichick is just like me, and probably much worse. To have done things one way for 35-40 years and had success doing it, making huge changes is near impossible. BB has an ego the size of Texas and no one is going to make him change his ways. Sadly CD, your commentary is much closer than most Patriot fans want to admit. It may be time for BB to start thinking about hangin' 'em up.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD.....Belichick is just a couple of years younger than I am. I constantly realize more and more how out of touch I am with the younger generation. My 16 year old grandson lives with me and my wife and trying to keep up with him is impossible. And he expects me to do it, especially anything to do with football or basketball. Oh yeah, and getting his driver's license. I'm constantly warning him about social media and that nothing can ever be permanently erased...................but he doesn't care. It's far different world than I grew up in and as flexible as I think I am, some stuff just cause me to have to change my underwear.

Based on how I am, I know that Belichick is just like me, and probably much worse. To have done things one way for 35-40 years and had success doing it, making huge changes is near impossible. BB has an ego the size of Texas and no one is going to make him change his ways. Sadly CD, your commentary is much closer than most Patriot fans want to admit. It may be time for BB to start thinking about hangin' 'em up.

Kids, driving and social media is scary shit.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gronk got suspended for a game last year for a dirty hit on a Bills defender. A low down dirty late cheap shot.

Bill had to be pissed about that.
The Patriots then lost that next game to the Dolphins that would have wrapped up home field advantage. They ended up getting it anyway, but it was not locked up. Bill always preaches control the things that you can control.
Gronk did not control himself.

3 games later Gronkowski was not targeted once against the Jets on New Years Eve, (The coldest regular season game in history, I was there.).

This would have prevented him from making the final tier of his incentives for an additional $250k on the year (I think...?). He ended up making that dough due to pro bowl selection, but it had to burn him.

Yeah, I believe there is some friction there.
Bill wants people to follow the rules.
Rob wants his cash, and he doesn't like being controlled. He probably also likes his stats.
Tom likes to throw the ball to his reliable targets that will help him win. He also likes his (win) stats. He also like his TB12/Alex Whoever system that Bill has put the kibosh to being onsite at all times. This last one could be rubbing both Rob and Tom wrong.

Yeah, I believe there could be friction.

And Gronk could be in the wrong on some of it.
As could Bill.
Not Tom though. I'll agree he is not angel.

He is a God.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At some point we all reach that point of struggling to communicate with those a generation or two below us. I work with high schoolers right now and while I can still connect with them it still feels like at times they are speaking a different language. They have words I have never heard of before so never know if they are insulting me or complimenting me. Right now we are growing up with a generation that has been surrounded with technology from the moment they were born. I remember in high school right when cell phones started coming out and all of us just staring at them trying to figure out what the purpose was for a while. Now adays they have made it where so little can be done without it.

Belichick has done it better than anybody in the history of the sport. There would be no shame in him hanging it up at this point.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Marcus cannon is out due to a concussion. Before this it was an ankle and before that a knee.

What's an exceptable number of games to miss when your being paid $375,000 a week to play?

He missed nine games in 2017 and he's been out of 3 so far not including the Bills game.

Waddle has been very decent but against the Packers he's going to have to be 'outstanding'.

Watched the Packers against the Rams today and the Patriots better have their A Game hats on next week.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now Marcus cannon is out due to a concussion. Before this it was an ankle and before that a knee.

What's an exceptable number of games to miss when your being paid $375,000 a week to play?

He missed nine games in 2017 and he's been out of 3 so far not including the Bills game.

Waddle has been very decent but against the Packers he's going to have to be 'outstanding'.

Watched the Packers against the Rams today and the Patriots better have their A Game hats on next week.

Hopefully Cannon is available next week:hope:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This why TE Allen is on this team. He is a great help in blocking.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the saints and Rams.

I think the Pats can handle the Rams, but not the Saints right now. Way too fast and Brees looks great. They seem to be playing with a real passion to win.

Patriots will really have to kick it up a couple of notches if they expect to be in the Suoer Bowl and play against these guys. That and they don't make stupid mistakes.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The regulars on WEEI must all have the week off because there were couple of strangers this morning. I had to make a run to get few things done and these guys were really interesting in the discussion of the patriots and where they stand today.

They signed Adrian Claiborn who has not lived up to expectation. They kept Dwayne Allen who has been a good blocker, not great, good but has done little else. They signed Jason McCourty who's been more cold than hot and has been burned multiple times this year.

The Patriots let Dion Lewis go. He had played his role perfectly for the Patriots while he was here and the Pats could have kept him for $5.5M for two years. He's a solid RB and solid receiver who might be able to be a better 2,3 option than Burkhead. Danny Amendola was allowed to go Miami and the patriotscould have had him back for 2 years and 412M and Brady would have had another trusted target.

Then one of them dropped a bomb. Brandin Cooks was brought in to compliment JiummyG. not Tom B. When JG was traded, Cooks did not fit the Brady way. He was too fast and could not, I repeat NOT run and Option Route. Straight down field and the QB launches an ICBM. Brady does not throw deep 50-60 yards in the sir passes. Cooks was traded and for a decent 1st round pick.

As they said, the final decisions for personnel are Belichick's and he has never really made a full throtle effort to surround Tom Brady with the best offensive line, running backs and most critical, wide receivers.
One of them made a great point. If BB had started constructing a real offense in 2004 after the third SB, it might have taken him three years to really have all of the pieces in place and adding Randy Moss would have been the cherry on top. The patriotskept tweaking an outstanding defense, because that was BB's forte.

They pointed out that Brady and Gronk both look a bit damaged and That having an extra week with a WC bye will be critical if they are to get to the AFC Championship. They believe the two most dangerous teams that the Patriots would face would be the Ravens in the Divisional round and the Chiefs in the AFCCG. If either lose, then the Patriots go from 50/50 to 80/20.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41-28 and it wasn't really that close. If BB had decided to keep playing football in the fourth quarter, the final would have been 55-17. He stopped sending 5 on the pass rush and and started free substitutions and literally backed off. The officials tried like hell in the second half to help the Chargers catch up but just couldn't pull it off without making it more obvious.

It's over and now the Patriots are on their way to KC.

Weather Channel says it will be warm through the week with temps in the 40's until Thursday . Friday the temp drops to the high 30s and they are expecting rain. Saturday will be in the high 20s and low 30s with snow.

Sunday will be cold through the day around 20 and by kickoff at 6:30 PM it will be about 17 degrees with a slight breeze.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
41-28 and it wasn't really that close. If BB had decided to keep playing football in the fourth quarter, the final would have been 55-17. He stopped sending 5 on the pass rush and and started free substitutions and literally backed off. The officials tried like hell in the second half to help the Chargers catch up but just couldn't pull it off without making it more obvious.

It's over and now the Patriots are on their way to KC.

Weather Channel says it will be warm through the week with temps in the 40's until Thursday . Friday the temp drops to the high 30s and they are expecting rain. Saturday will be in the high 20s and low 30s with snow.

Sunday will be cold through the day around 20 and by kickoff at 6:30 PM it will be about 17 degrees with a slight breeze.
I'm pretty sure is less about "stop playing football" and more about being sick of watching Rivers whine... wanted him to feel good so he'd just shut up.