• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

After almost half way throug hthe season. What are the top 5 positions needs now?

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the start the season it was QB, CB, OLB, NT, S

Alex Smith has performed well and is improving each week
Rodgers, Culliver, and Brown have CB a solid unit
Brooks and Smith are sacking the QB like OLBs should
Soap and RJF have NT looking like Franklin will not be missed at all
Goldson and Whinter have been serviceable, but the weakest part of the defense.

I am almost to the point where I would say draft BPA in every round.

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB WR SAFTEY CB OLB IN THAT ORDER

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, i think we need to see who we are able to re-sign to be able to fully answer that question. Assuming we have the same guys we do today then i would say QB/WR/CB/OG/C.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB is still #1, and until we find our franchise guy QB will always be #1. I'd also like to add a #1 WR and a #1 CB. Safety is right up there too. Depth at DL, as well.

davidin.fan76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lets see how much more Alex improves and who we resign but right now I'd say wr and defensive backfield.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A QB is still #1, and until we find our franchise guy QB will always be #1. I'd also like to add a #1 WR and a #1 CB. Safety is right up there too. Depth at DL, as well.

You're right QB is absolutely out top priority. Are you not content with Reggie Smith in the scenario that Goldson would leave?

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB I would not argue against, but for me I don't have it as a TOP priority need just yet. Outside of Luck, I would like Jones but if niether of them are available, I'm fine with rolling with Smith if he ended on a high note OR give Prime the reigns and see what he can do.

CB would be a position. We would need to resign Brock and maybe Brown? I feel Spencer won't be back and Mr Rogers is a must resign.

OLB, for now are looking good. At this moment, it seems they are not too playing too much man to man on TEs and RBs. Seems like Bowman and Willis are playing those roles.

NT looks fine and hasn't been exposed(even when Sopz wasn't there).

Without doing my fair share of scouting(HA you!) looking at mid to late 20s, I would say S, RG, WR would be my first rd targets

bing_blunt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Teams can always use depth and talent on the D-Line and in the secondary. This draft would be a good opportunity to get Justin Smith's understudy/replacement.

But if there's a WR available that fits our needs, I could see the Niners jumping on him.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can always use depth and talent on the D-Line and in the secondary. This draft would be a good opportunity to get Justin Smith's understudy/replacement.

But if there's a WR available that fits our needs, I could see the Niners jumping on him.

Agreed. Was thinking a CB and D-line depth. And if a WR falls in our lap I could see us taking one and maybe not re-sign Braylon.

Rathman44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what did atlanta give up to pick julio jones? just wondering in case a guy like blackmon falls into the #10 range (highly unlikely though!)

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to re-sign Rogers and possibly Edwards. We need to improve Goldson, Alex, Snyder, Tarrell Brown, and get a WR. We should probably get a C and depth at OT.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right QB is absolutely out top priority. Are you not content with Reggie Smith in the scenario that Goldson would leave?

I'm not, I think we could upgrade both of them at some point.

QB is still a big need unless kaep is showing enough. The idea that having a game manager reduces our need for QB doesn't sit well with me. I want a franchise QB and wont be content till we have one.

I'm liking Culliver a lot right now, and think he will only get better since he is new to the position. Rodgers is an obvious improvement, but I would like to bring in another CB. Come playoff time if we wanna get past teams like Packers we have to bulk up the pass D.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see this offense run by anything other than game management by the QB. It's a power run game offense that doesn't rely on the QB doing an aerial attack. Now I didn't see what was done at USD so...

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have yet to see this offense run by anything other than game management by the QB. It's a power run game offense that doesn't rely on the QB doing an aerial attack. Now I didn't see what was done at USD so...

Maybe we haven't done anything other than game management because we are limited to that. I have no doubt if we had a brees or rodgers we'd be passing more.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe we haven't done anything other than game management because we are limited to that. I have no doubt if we had a brees or rodgers we'd be passing more.

I'm also referring to when this offense had the next #1 overall pick at the helm.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex leads the league in comebacks.... seems like he throws when he's needed to without losing the ball...**knock on wood**.

C a position we should look into definitely. Goodwin should be good for another year or 2 atleast right?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Still don't think needs have changed that much, but its moved to luxury from of desperation. Definitely opens up BPA options at WR, DE, and even another OLB. Can't have enough OLB's just like you can't have enough CB's or d-line. Outside the first round (or first two rounds) G and FS are targets.

Miller may get some mid-round competition at FB too. How about some competition for DW in the mid-late rounds? Would be a little weird, but wouldn't shock me with the emphasis on TE's and could be a good PS/ST's fit.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Definitely Center should be hit. Good call Calamity.