• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, here's a legit question:

NFL moves the Browns game - what if the Raiders end up with a bunch of positive tests before Tues and the game is cancelled? Who gets the forfeit?

NFL: Teams who can't play scheduled games will not be re-scheduled, and someone will forfeit.

Also the NFL: We'll move all these games - even though one team is fine, and the other is not, potentially opening up a can of worms....

It's not like the Browns couldn't have played...they had enough players to play. The Raiders should be fine seeing as they already tested once this week.

But if your scenario actually came to pass (it wont) I'd say it goes in the books as a tie or simply a missed game. Just as MLB does when rained out games are not made up.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao… no shit!? That’s hilarious. They were the kings of the reschedule last year

Yessir. Mind you he got cut once and then came back later off the practice squad but he mostly played for the Titans

So um yea....at least the Browns are playing the same week they were supposed to.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yessir. Mind you he got cut once and then came back later off the practice squad but he mostly played for the Titans

So um yea....at least the Browns are playing the same week they were supposed to.
I don’t get all the uproar honestly… If your roster was short 40% of its personnel then I’m pretty sure that is a compelling case to reschedule. Missing 1-3 key players is not the same.

My issue is with the NFL claiming it was supposed to be a forfeiture by their preseason rule

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get all the uproar honestly… If your roster was short 40% of its personnel then I’m pretty sure that is a compelling case to reschedule. Missing 1-3 key players is not the same.

My issue is with the NFL claiming it was supposed to be a forfeiture by their preseason rule

I think it's a dumb rule personally. So you're going to punish a team that has followed all your protocols? I know it's convenient given I'm on this side of the argument but come on man. They got greedy adding a game and not 2 bye weeks anyway

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a dumb rule personally. So you're going to punish a team that has followed all your protocols? I know it's convenient given I'm on this side of the argument but come on man. They got greedy adding a game and not 2 bye weeks anyway
It’s tough situation. Last year would have been the year to hand out forfeitures because teams weren’t taking the policies seriously (Titans & Ravens consistently rescheduling games & having outbreaks). This year everyone should be following protocols more closely but who knows. If Antonio Brown can go 2 months of playing before someone leaks info that his vax card is BS then maybe the NFL really isn’t enforcing shit like they say they are.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like the Browns couldn't have played...they had enough players to play. The Raiders should be fine seeing as they already tested once this week.

But if your scenario actually came to pass (it wont) I'd say it goes in the books as a tie or simply a missed game. Just as MLB does when rained out games are not made up.
rained out games are not made up only if they dont matter so not the same
the only forfeits are games cancelled due to unvaccinated players and that hasnt happened yet

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FHA3iaZXwAgo6YG

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rained out games are not made up only if they dont matter so not the same
the only forfeits are games cancelled due to unvaccinated players and that hasnt happened yet

I didn't say the situations were the same the question was how would the result be recorded. You also don't know the vax status of each player.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s tough situation. Last year would have been the year to hand out forfeitures because teams weren’t taking the policies seriously (Titans & Ravens consistently rescheduling games & having outbreaks). This year everyone should be following protocols more closely but who knows. If Antonio Brown can go 2 months of playing before someone leaks info that his vax card is BS then maybe the NFL really isn’t enforcing shit like they say they are.
Exactly not like the NFL every has been a bastion of caring about players health and this holds no difference.
If they had made the Browns forfeit I think that would have been total BS because they did so little to help protect the schedule in these situations. And seriously waiting until the last minute to push the game? Once again total BS. They knew the situation, not like they didn't have a year to prepare. The game should have been moved as soon as that certain threshold of players went into the protocol.

No need to get started on why they needed a 17th game and in doing so not add in an additional bye week (for at least this season)?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Kyler have to do with Mayfield?

And no need with the waaaaa about if the Browns feel Baker is elite then pay him but games he doesn't play and the team still produces doesn't bode well for him in negotiations.
Baker Mayfield owns the Bengals. So there is at least that, and they have been competitive with him at QB. I would give him the extension but not as much as he may want, knowing that he is likely to stay the Browns starter prove himself on a next contract, and he has a hell of a line and running game to support him. Get WR's in t he draft.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker Mayfield owns the Bengals. So there is at least that, and they have been competitive with him at QB. I would give him the extension but not as much as he may want, knowing that he is likely to stay the Browns starter prove himself on a next contract, and he has a hell of a line and running game to support him. Get WR's in t he draft.
Oh and trust me I wasn't serious about Mayfield being replaceable. It was a joke because it is Mayfield, and as we both know Mayfield is the most important QB just based off of Commercials. :D

Seriously, if you are the Browns you have to give him an extension. There is nothing comparable to him in the market or draft that would keep the team competitive. For the best interest, of the team, he needs to be around the 30 million mark at most.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and trust me I wasn't serious about Mayfield being replaceable. It was a joke because it is Mayfield, and as we both know --->Mayfield is the most important QB just based off of Commercials. :D<---

Seriously, if you are the Browns you have to give him an extension. There is nothing comparable to him in the market or draft that would keep the team competitive. For the best interest, of the team, he needs to be around the 30 million mark at most.

:laugh3:

He might have more commercials this season than TD passes.