• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFCN Hate Guide

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
131621147_3967369306643061_6407347698747299017_o.jpg

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu is a heck of a WR - but he's falling down the prima-donna trap of WR's. He needs to get re-focused on himself, his game, and his team if he wants to actually help them break out of this funk they are in. Worrying about his next tik-tok should be the last thing on his mind.

1608646845510.png

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JuJu is a heck of a WR - but he's falling down the prima-donna trap of WR's. He needs to get re-focused on himself, his game, and his team if he wants to actually help them break out of this funk they are in. Worrying about his next tik-tok should be the last thing on his mind.

View attachment 260713
He gets paid to post those videos... So they'll keep coming.

Problem is, his "brand" has outgrown the football field. It's a terrible image to have when they're losing, but they aren't losing because of him, nor would they start winning because he "re-focused his game". Truth is, you could have DeAndre Hopkins in Pittsburgh running routes and you'll get similar results. This offense is broken. The O-line can't block and their only saving grace looks like he needs to retire. Stick a fork in 'em man. This team is done for. Even if they somehow manage to rise to the occasion against Cleveland in week 17, they aren't going to beat ANY of the teams in the postseason. It just ain't happening.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He gets paid to post those videos... So they'll keep coming.

Problem is, his "brand" has outgrown the football field. It's a terrible image to have when they're losing, but they aren't losing because of him, nor would they start winning because he "re-focused his game". Truth is, you could have DeAndre Hopkins in Pittsburgh running routes and you'll get similar results. This offense is broken. The O-line can't block and their only saving grace looks like he needs to retire. Stick a fork in 'em man. This team is done for. Even if they somehow manage to rise to the occasion against Cleveland in week 17, they aren't going to beat ANY of the teams in the postseason. It just ain't happening.
I don't disagree with any of that. The offense is a mess starting with Ben, who is clearly playing on an injured knee. His ability to extend plays, which is a staple for him, is gone. With that gone, the OL has looked even worse and compounds the issue.

I agree that him refocusing wouldn't immediately lead them to wins, but I mean - when you are supposed to be the lead WR and are setting at under 700 yards o the season with 2 games to play - yes, there are a lot of other issues, but there have been quite a few times Ben has looked his way and had to double-pump or change direction because he's not getting open. Some of that is scheme, but some of that is on JuJu. Elite WR's find a way. Always have. Always will.

He's getting paid for those - great - is his main job playing football or making videos. Yeah, it's one thing when you are winning those games - but when you are losing, it's just a bad look. Right, wrong, indifferent - it reflects poorly. It doesn't mean he's not doing the right things, but optically - we all know how it looks and how it plays out. It also adds a lot of unneeded attention to himself and the team - especially at a time when they are struggling and don't need to give other teams additional motivation.

In the end, I agree - it's a small and silly thing, but in the world of sports - we all know how it reflects back on the team and the current state. When you win, no big deal. When you are losing, it's an issue. Again, right, wrong, indifferent - it is what it is.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap was I surprised when I saw the final score this morning. What the hell's going on with the Steelers right now?

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crap was I surprised when I saw the final score this morning. What the hell's going on with the Steelers right now?
Everything that could've gone wrong....is going wrong at this exact moment.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with any of that. The offense is a mess starting with Ben, who is clearly playing on an injured knee. His ability to extend plays, which is a staple for him, is gone. With that gone, the OL has looked even worse and compounds the issue.

I agree that him refocusing wouldn't immediately lead them to wins, but I mean - when you are supposed to be the lead WR and are setting at under 700 yards o the season with 2 games to play - yes, there are a lot of other issues, but there have been quite a few times Ben has looked his way and had to double-pump or change direction because he's not getting open. Some of that is scheme, but some of that is on JuJu. Elite WR's find a way. Always have. Always will.

He's getting paid for those - great - is his main job playing football or making videos. Yeah, it's one thing when you are winning those games - but when you are losing, it's just a bad look. Right, wrong, indifferent - it reflects poorly. It doesn't mean he's not doing the right things, but optically - we all know how it looks and how it plays out. It also adds a lot of unneeded attention to himself and the team - especially at a time when they are struggling and don't need to give other teams additional motivation.

In the end, I agree - it's a small and silly thing, but in the world of sports - we all know how it reflects back on the team and the current state. When you win, no big deal. When you are losing, it's an issue. Again, right, wrong, indifferent - it is what it is.
Ben... They keep downplaying the knee, but I tend to agree. His immobilized pocket presence behind a terrible O-line is not a good mix. His accuracy & arm strength are non-existent. And to make matters worse, he's not even seeing WRs open downfield and instead opting to throw into double & triple coverage. I saw him throw into quadruple coverage last night too. Its very rare for a veteran HOF QB to make those mistakes... Is this really any worse than having Mason Rudolph or Devlin Hodges under center? Really no difference there, other than we could be paying that position $20m less lol. But I also have to wonder how much the coaches are factoring into this. For the past couple months the offense hinged around getting the ball out fast & not letting anyone touch Ben. Now they are just wasting their time trying to fake PA when everyone knows they can't run. lol.

I'm not saying they should give up on Ben. But the problems aren't going to go away by believing that they will. They have a full-blown snowball affect going on, and thats on the coaches for hoping & praying that it wouldn't reach this point. Wishing in one hand and shitting in the other sotospeak. Something has to give, and with 2 games remaining its safe to assume nothing will change.

Juju... I agree with everything you said. I'd love for him to stop posting his videos and just get back to football. The backlash he's receiving is well deserved. But people are overreacting about it once again. I mean c'mon, after last year everyone should have known that wasn't going to change. You wouldn't have known he only had 500yds receiving last year judging by his videos... Dude looked happier than a pig in shit. Juju is a poster-child for the new age of social media & young fans. He understands his market, but he also should understand that its all going to come crashing down around him if he doesn't maintain a high-profile in the NFL. And at this point, not many people outside of Steelers Nation believe in him. If he signs elsewhere next year his "brand" could vanish overnight if he lands on another bad team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ooo bold move to enact the Curse of St Myron!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well see you next week, Steelers. Not expecting much but that’s why you play the games. If Ward or KJ can’t go they will keep picking on the rookie Jackson or 3rd stringers. Fuck it, the Browns are in the playoffs!!! :suds: