• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Wild Card Games

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting and fun to watch the games next weekend and to ultimately see who the Broncos draw as their opponent in the Divisional Round. I think Indy can beat the Chiefs at Lucas Oil Stadium. The Chiefs just don't seem as formidable as they were earlier in the year to me. I also think that Cincinnati will kill the Chargers.

Therefore, my bet is on a re-match with Andrew Luck and the Colts. Ultimately, I see the Broncos winning that game before facing the Patriots one more time. Of course anything can happen, but I think the football Gods will give us another Manning/Brady AFC Championship game. This time in Denver!

Go Broncos!

MH64

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah really starting to lean towards the Colts being who we eventually play. Or maybe that is just who I am hoping for. I would love to get some revenge for the earlier loss plus get a couple of monkeys off of Peyton's back with a playoff win and beating his old team.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hopefully we'll have a chance to play them again, in the playoffs,'' Manning said.

Is Manning Nostradamus? This was Manning's quote after the lose to the Colts on 10/20. It just looks (to me anyway) like it's fate that the Broncos will play the Colts in two weeks.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Hopefully we'll have a chance to play them again, in the playoffs,'' Manning said.

Is Manning Nostradamus? This was Manning's quote after the lose to the Colts on 10/20. It just looks (to me anyway) like it's fate that the Broncos will play the Colts in two weeks.

Of course, the Chiefs could win but I'm still betting on a re-match with Peyton's old team. I agree HOF....looks like Peyton called it about right.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you guys are playing Indy or KC. Much happier taking our chances with Cinncy or Chargers.

Hope it's a Pats/Broncs rumble at Mile High!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you guys are playing Indy or KC. Much happier taking our chances with Cinncy or Chargers.

A) Didn't the Bengals already beat the Pats? That's going to be a tough game for NE.

B) If the Chargers win, they go to Denver, not NE. #1 seed always plays the lowest seed from the WC round regardless of which game they emerge from.

I actually think it'll be Cincy at Denver for the AFC Championship. I have my doubts NE can get past any of the three possible teams they will play.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah couple things wrong with this statement. The first being the only choices of teams you could play would be Indy, KC, or Cincy. No chance you get a shot at San Diego. Also not sure you want to go up against any of these teams considering they can all run with some success. You actually might want to hope that Cincy wins because they are the worst rushing team of the group and well since Wilfork and others went down with injury the Pats have been ran all over.

We shall see this weekend though what happens. No easy out at this point for any of the teams.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only disagree with one thing. I think the Chargers beat the Bengals. I agree that the Colts will beat the Chiefs.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah couple things wrong with this statement. The first being the only choices of teams you could play would be Indy, KC, or Cincy. No chance you get a shot at San Diego. Also not sure you want to go up against any of these teams considering they can all run with some success. You actually might want to hope that Cincy wins because they are the worst rushing team of the group and well since Wilfork and others went down with injury the Pats have been ran all over.

We shall see this weekend though what happens. No easy out at this point for any of the teams.

Well, actually there IS a chance NE will get a shot against San Diego. However, that wouldn't bode well for the Broncos if it came to pass, since it would mean SD beats us first.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Didn't the Bengals already beat the Pats?

Yeah, but only because God took a minute away from shining a light up Brady's ass and caused that monsoon!

Sorry for tarding out on the scenarios...

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Didn't the Bengals already beat the Pats?

Yeah, but only because God took a minute away from shining a light up Brady's ass and caused that monsoon!

Sorry for tarding out on the scenarios...

Most of what you say is trollish and idiotic. And I say that as politely as I can manage. This, however, had me laughing my ass off. Well said.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting and fun to watch the games next weekend and to ultimately see who the Broncos draw as their opponent in the Divisional Round. I think Indy can beat the Chiefs at Lucas Oil Stadium. The Chiefs just don't seem as formidable as they were earlier in the year to me. I also think that Cincinnati will kill the Chargers.

Therefore, my bet is on a re-match with Andrew Luck and the Colts. Ultimately, I see the Broncos winning that game before facing the Patriots one more time. Of course anything can happen, but I think the football Gods will give us another Manning/Brady AFC Championship game. This time in Denver!

Go Broncos!

MH64

KC did take a dive, but right now I actually think the OFC is playing better than at any point in the season. Reid tends to get pass happy, so that would be my concern as a KC fan...if they stay balanced the entire game I'd don't think IND will win...the KC DEF weak point is #31 in coverage, but tough across the board otherwise. I don't know if IND has the personnel to exploit him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC did take a dive, but right now I actually think the OFC is playing better than at any point in the season. Reid tends to get pass happy, so that would be my concern as a KC fan...if they stay balanced the entire game I'd don't think IND will win...the KC DEF weak point is #31 in coverage, but tough across the board otherwise. I don't know if IND has the personnel to exploit him.

The Chiefs/Indy game is probably the biggest question mark for me of who will win. Indy at times this year has looked like the top team in the league with wins against Seattle, Denver, San Fran, and KC. At the same time they have laid some stinkers on the field. The Chiefs at least over the last 7 weeks or so have been doing the same thing going 2-5 to close out the season after starting 9-0. The defense got somewhat exposed. The offense has been up and down during that time. Just honestly have no idea who is going to show up.

If I had to bet money (definitely not betting on this one) I would probably go Indy as I trust Luck to be able to lead his team to victory more than Smith at this time. I also think with the Chiefs the key is if you stop Charles or at least contain him then you pretty much stop the Chiefs offense. They just don't have anything other than him at this time. But hey it is playoff time where anything can happen.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be a Denver Broncos thread, but I'll poke my nose in for few minutes.

First...Welkerboh.......Yes Cincinnati did beat the Patriots.....but didn't the Patriots beat the Broncos??? If your logic is that Cincy will beat NE in NE. Wouldn't that same logic say that the Chargers would beat Denver in Denver.....again?? Wouldn't that same logic say that Indy would beat the Broncos again??? The only teams that the Broncos could play have beaten them this year except KC.........So if we use your logic, the Patriots and Broncos will be watching the AFC Championship game from the confines of their own homes....unless they buy a ticket.

From here, Cincinnati will beat San Diego. The Bengals have not lost at home this season. I agree with most of the crowd that Indianapolis will beat the Chiefs. The Chiefs have not beaten any contending teams and the early9-0 record was against wannabes.

Indy at Denver will be every interesting. The Colts are playing well and they've seemed to improve a bit defensively. The Broncos defense hasn't been anything to fear. You have to admit that the Texans and Raiders weren't the stiffest competition at the end of the year. I think Denver will be fighting for it's life.

Cincinnati at New England ....sorry Bronco fans, but this will be a Bengal loss. The Bengals lost 5 road games this year. The three they won were by the skin of their teeth. The Patriots have not lost a home game this season and even with 8 starters on IR, they are formidible.....especially at Gillette.

I think it will be the Broncos and Patriots at Mile High. You Bronco fans had better pray that your winter is delayed. Peyton won his first game this season in temps under 40 degrees. Only problem is that it was against Tennessee, a warm climate team. If the weather is warm and clear, it's advantage Broncos. If it's cold and windy or snowy......advantage Patriots. Brady has never been beaten in the snow..........

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of what you say is trollish and idiotic.

I say nothing idiotic or trollish unless I'm obviously screwing around. Glad I could get a chuckle though!

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This seems to be a Denver Broncos thread, but I'll poke my nose in for few minutes.

First...Welkerboh.......Yes Cincinnati did beat the Patriots.....but didn't the Patriots beat the Broncos??? If your logic is that Cincy will beat NE in NE. Wouldn't that same logic say that the Chargers would beat Denver in Denver.....again?? Wouldn't that same logic say that Indy would beat the Broncos again??? The only teams that the Broncos could play have beaten them this year except KC.........So if we use your logic, the Patriots and Broncos will be watching the AFC Championship game from the confines of their own homes....unless they buy a ticket.

From here, Cincinnati will beat San Diego. The Bengals have not lost at home this season. I agree with most of the crowd that Indianapolis will beat the Chiefs. The Chiefs have not beaten any contending teams and the early9-0 record was against wannabes.

Indy at Denver will be every interesting. The Colts are playing well and they've seemed to improve a bit defensively. The Broncos defense hasn't been anything to fear. You have to admit that the Texans and Raiders weren't the stiffest competition at the end of the year. I think Denver will be fighting for it's life.

Cincinnati at New England ....sorry Bronco fans, but this will be a Bengal loss. The Bengals lost 5 road games this year. The three they won were by the skin of their teeth. The Patriots have not lost a home game this season and even with 8 starters on IR, they are formidible.....especially at Gillette.

I think it will be the Broncos and Patriots at Mile High. You Bronco fans had better pray that your winter is delayed. Peyton won his first game this season in temps under 40 degrees. Only problem is that it was against Tennessee, a warm climate team. If the weather is warm and clear, it's advantage Broncos. If it's cold and windy or snowy......advantage Patriots. Brady has never been beaten in the snow..........

Wow. Talk about taking a simple statement and dragging it out for a mile. You have no clue about my logic by the appearance of this post.

I think Cincy is a better team than NE is at this point, especially on defense. Yeah, NE was 8-0 at home. At least 4 of those NE was very fortunate (read: Lucky) to get the win. I think if and when they play Cincy, that luck will run out, and Cincy will pull it out, even in Foxboro.

Oh, and if you're going to call me out specifically, at least get my name right, LittleKen......

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I do have to agree that NE is probably the most overrated team in the playoffs. They've played with tremendous grit but eventually, the numbers catch up.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. I guess I will start with your under 40 degrees comment as it is the worst of them all. Peyton has done just fine in cold weather games. I think he is now at 23 games in his career that were 40 degrees or lower. You really think he is 1-22 in those games? Just to give you an idea he is actually 11-11. Now you might ask how that is possible as that doesn't add up to 23 games. One of those games he only played one series in so not sure you can really count that one against him but the statisticians count the loss against him. He also in his last 10 games of 40 degrees or colder has a quarterback rating of 102.1. So again your idea that he struggles in cold weather and that we should pray it is warm that day is just ridiculous.

Also remember that all those snow games you are talking about have been home games for the Patriots. This is them coming to Mile High where Tom Brady is only 2-4 career playing in Mile High.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many things wrong with this post I don't even know where to begin. I guess I will start with your under 40 degrees comment as it is the worst of them all. Peyton has done just fine in cold weather games. I think he is now at 23 games in his career that were 40 degrees or lower. You really think he is 1-22 in those games? Just to give you an idea he is actually 11-11. Now you might ask how that is possible as that doesn't add up to 23 games. One of those games he only played one series in so not sure you can really count that one against him but the statisticians count the loss against him. He also in his last 10 games of 40 degrees or colder has a quarterback rating of 102.1. So again your idea that he struggles in cold weather and that we should pray it is warm that day is just ridiculous.

Also remember that all those snow games you are talking about have been home games for the Patriots. This is them coming to Mile High where Tom Brady is only 2-4 career playing in Mile High.

I am so FREAKING tired of reading "Peyton Manning stinks in cold weather games".

Facebook, ESPN.com, this site.....it's EVERYWHERE.

It amazes me how many people hear that and just parrot the comment all over the internet.

Driving me crazy.

LOL

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so FREAKING tired of reading "Peyton Manning stinks in cold weather games".

Facebook, ESPN.com, this site.....it's EVERYWHERE.

It amazes me how many people hear that and just parrot the comment all over the internet.

Driving me crazy.

LOL

You and me both. People just assume because ESPN says it then it must be fact. Look at last year as a great example against the Ravens. The team scores 35 points but somehow it is Peyton's fault that they lost. Doesn't matter that in most games this would be enough to win but every one seems to ignore how bad the defense played that game and all they think about is Peyton throwing that interception in overtime. Yes it wasn't a great decision on his part but that one play did not cost us the game.