• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Wild Card Games

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says it all the time because it's true. Where did you Peyton jock sniffers come up with 40degrees to base your stats on? Cripes. Try upping it to 50 degrees and running your stat machine again. You'll prolly get even better numbers. When it's cold....you know, actually cold AND there's some nasty wind, Peyton does not shine.

How about this. The Pats are coming to mile high for the AFCCG. Are you going to try to argue that 50 degrees and calm would not be preferable to single digits and windy? If the same game was at Gillette, we'd take the cold and nasty and likely, the Peyton can't play in cold weather belt would get another notch carved in it.

De-nile ain't just a river in Egypt boys.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says it all the time because it's true. Where did you Peyton jock sniffers come up with 40degrees to base your stats on? Cripes. Try upping it to 50 degrees and running your stat machine again. You'll prolly get even better numbers. When it's cold....you know, actually cold AND there's some nasty wind, Peyton does not shine.

How about this. The Pats are coming to mile high for the AFCCG. Are you going to try to argue that 50 degrees and calm would not be preferable to single digits and windy? If the same game was at Gillette, we'd take the cold and nasty and likely, the Peyton can't play in cold weather belt would get another notch carved in it.

You are overlooking facts again. As usual. This is probably because you are not very intelligent. For the vast majority of Manning's career, cold weather games equate to road games. Here is your homework: Come up with the splits for Brady over his career: home and away. My guess is the drop off will be similar to Manning's home and away splits, reinforcing that it isn't cold weather games so much as road games that explain the drop off.

But this requires a little critical thinking, so it may be a stretch for you.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There have ALWAYS been problems with the myth that Manning can't play in the cold. They tend to get ignored in favor of the cool-sounding sound bite.

1) Before he moved to Denver, how many of those games were home games vs. away games? (>90% were away games)

2) The fact Indy was a dome team seems to get lost. How'd the Saints do away from the Superdome this season. Why doesn't Brees get blamed? Saints are going to Philly for the WC round. No one's talking about how Brees can't play in the cold, but they ARE talking about how the Saints as a dome team will likely struggle in Philly.

3) Manning vs. Brady amplifies the effect, as Manning's numbers in dome/good weather are a LOT better than Brady's in similar conditions. Colder weather drops nearly ALL QB's numbers (Brady included) but the difference is magnified in Manning because of the fact his stats are so much higher than the rest in good conditions.

Fact is, now that Manning calls Denver home, more of his cold weather games will also be HOME games. This has already helped his performance in cold temps.

And the 40-degrees thing came from a sports writer, not from any posters here. perhaps you can catch the thread and read for yourself.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many times do I have to post this for somebody to actually read it and get the facts? So tired of this crap. Only person in De-Nile here is you sir. You refuse to look at the facts and would rather just keep listening to ESPN tell you what to believe.

Peyton Manning plays lousy in cold weather! Myth or Fact? - Mile High Report

Please read this and get back to me. This doesn't include the games of this season but from what I can tell 2 more games would be added to this in the NE and Tennessee games.

If you want to look it is not the cold that affects Peyton. The weather he struggles the most in is windy conditions but even then he isn't horrible.

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jock Sniffers? What are you 10 years old?

Here is the thing tough guy, I could not care less what Peyton Manning did in his time before he put on the Orange and Blue.

And you are right, if the Pats and Broncos hook up again this year, it will be in Mile High. You do remember what happened last time Brady brought your "mighty" Pats to Denver in the Playoffs, right? But, let me guess....your answer to that will be: "But that was years ago. Different teams." Pretty convenient, considering Manning's results in Denver have nothing to do with what he accomplished in Indy, as well.

I hope it is 6 degrees below zero, with a driving wind and snow banks taller than your idiot Offensive Coordinator. That way we can run the ball down your throats again and beat you 6-0......lol.....Maybe that will shut you arrogant Pat fans up.

Probably not though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Need to win that divisional playoff before you count your chickens and also hope your OC isn't to distracted from his daydream of being a HC in Ohio where he grew up.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly I do have to agree that NE is probably the most overrated team in the playoffs. They've played with tremendous grit but eventually, the numbers catch up.

You go from this to assuming they are playing in AFCCG on the same page in the same thread.

Take your ADHD meds, read the link for the MHR on Manning in cold weather and get back to us.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should just ignore NEHomer. The dude is a dumbshit. He comes here, accuses us of being trolls on our own board and then get argumentative when we don't worship Hoodie and Brady. Also, the only thing I have gathered from him and the other patsy is that they are hoping it is cold, windy, and snowy because that is the only way they feel like they could win against the broncos.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should just ignore NEHomer. The dude is a dumbshit. He comes here, accuses us of being trolls on our own board and then get argumentative when we don't worship Hoodie and Brady. Also, the only thing I have gathered from him and the other patsy is that they are hoping it is cold, windy, and snowy because that is the only way they feel like they could win against the broncos.

Why? It's so much fun.

:laugh3:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, my Pats/Broncs AFCCG was hypothetical. Clearly. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if that match up doesn't happen. Pats ain't that great this year...the subject, however, was that nagging cold and wind question that riles you cats.

Now someone...anyone just give me a straight answer. You can have 50degrees and calm or you can have mid-teens and a stiff wind. If you're gonna say that it makes absolutely no difference to your Manning led team, you're in denial or you're the homer here.

A) 50 degrees with a calm wind.
B) 13 degrees with a nasty wind.

C'mon, it's a simple question.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, the only thing I have gathered from him and the other patsy is that they are hoping it is cold, windy, and snowy because that is the only way they feel like they could win against the broncos.

Absolutely, your team is better and healthier. Your QB however, isn't all that terrific in nasty conditions so agreed, it would be a huge advantage.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hmm. Are you asking, would EVERY QB that every played including Brady prefer answer A? Yup you're right, it's a simple question.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

...typical.

Brady would simply be far less fazed. 28 unanswered into the teeth of that third quarter wind last match up.

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon homer, it's a simple answer, right?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um, my Pats/Broncs AFCCG was hypothetical. Clearly. Wouldn't be entirely surprised if that match up doesn't happen. Pats ain't that great this year...the subject, however, was that nagging cold and wind question that riles you cats.

Now someone...anyone just give me a straight answer. You can have 50degrees and calm or you can have mid-teens and a stiff wind. If you're gonna say that it makes absolutely no difference to your Manning led team, you're in denial or you're the homer here.

We'll answer your simple question when you answer ours. The one that has been posed several times now. Does Brady have a drop off in production in his home/away splits? Yes or no. Simple Question.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, very simple. If my QB is Peyton, I want it warm so he doesn't shit the bed.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idntknowftbll, if you say so, then yes.

Do you intend for that home/away split to explain away all of Peyton's bad weather woes?

A or B?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idntknowftbll, if you say so, then yes.

Do you intend for that home/away split to explain away all of Peyton's bad weather woes?

A or B?

It has been explained numerous times already. If you don't already know where I am going with my question it is because you refuse to read and consider the words of fans smarter than you. :suds:

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A B or gtfo.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A B or gtfo.

It's already on the thread. If you can't read it for yourself when it's already posted, posting again isn't going to help.