• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AFC Wild Card Games

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it.

...and thanks for editing the dipshit part. Don't be so angry bro.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see it.

...and thanks for editing the dipshit part. Don't be so angry bro.

Then you are blind or haven't been looking. As for editing out "dipshit" I did it solely because I respect myself enough to not resort to name calling, earned as it may be.

Think you can answer that question now?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #37 I already said yes.

Now, it's AFCCG time and Brady's coming to town. Do you wish A) the weather was more temperate for Peyton or B) the weather could be nasty and windy and it wouldn't make any difference at all.

A or B?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post #37 I already said yes.

Now, it's AFCCG time and Brady's coming to town. Do you wish A) the weather was more temperate for Peyton or B) the weather could be nasty and windy and it wouldn't make any difference at all.

A or B?

Here's what you said:

idntknowftbll, if you say so, then yes.

Do you intend for that home/away split to explain away all of Peyton's bad weather woes?

A or B?

That's not an answer. It's disingenuous and patronizing. You have given it zero critical thought, probably for lack of ability to do so. Your question of "explaining away" essentially highlights your refusal to actually confront the question.

The point is this (and this has already been explained numerous times): Few QBs have as good a road split as they do at home. Brady and Manning both probably have an appreciable drop off. If you could show me that Brady does not (and I don't know because I don't actually care) then you may be able to undermine my argument. If you were to take Manning's road games and develop a split between cold/windy games and nice weather games and there was a significant drop off in production, perhaps you can undermine my argument. But if all you are doing is comparing cold weather games, you are overlooking the most obvious (at least to anyone with a brain) likely explanation for the perception that Manning cannot play in the cold.

Regarding your simple question, it's irrelevant to me. Both teams have to play in the same elements. Let the chips fall where they may.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're dancing around the point and the question. All you seem to be able to do is call me unintelligent.

Regarding your simple question, it's irrelevant to me = I cannot answer it because the obvious correct answer would defile all of my academic dodges.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you're dancing around the point and the question. All you seem to be able to do is call me unintelligent.

Regarding your simple question, it's irrelevant to me = I cannot answer it because the obvious correct answer would defile all of my academic dodges.

No, because I have the ability to think for myself, I am not going to be shoe-horned into answers, neither of which describe how I feel about the topic in your question. I can't control the elements, and neither can any team, coach, or player in the league. They both play in the same elements any given week. Both Brady and Manning are capable of leading their respective teams to a win in any condition. Hell, I went further to answer your question than you did mine and that of other Broncos fans on this forum. So yes, I do think you're either unintelligent or a troll. Either way, you are an embarrassment to yourself and Pats fans. Good thing for you this is an anonymous forum.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are going to troll I always say at least bring something to the conversation that makes it fun. NEHomer you don't bring one piece of decent argument to the conversation. You just keep repeating over and over again that Manning sucks in bad weather without actually having anything to back that up other than ESPN. You really want that to be what backs your argument up? The people paid to try and make some kind of controversy out of nothing?

Did you read the article that I posted or do you want to continue to ignore the facts like you keep claiming we do? Haven't seen you respond to it yet. Now to answer your question on the weather part honestly I wouldn't care one bit what kind of weather the game is played in. Peyton has had 2 bad weather games this year one on the road and one at home and right now he has 6 touchdowns to 1 interception in such games. I think he does just fine in bad weather. Throw in the Broncos have a great run game shown in the last game against NE that I don't see the bad weather being a problem.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good mornin' ftbll.

No, because I have the ability to think for myself, I am not going to be shoe-horned into answers, neither of which describe how I feel about the topic in your question.

By all means, gimme your straight to the point answer in your own words. I'll try to find someone smart to help me decipher it.

I can't control the elements, and neither can any team, coach, or player in the league. They both play in the same elements any given week.

Now see, this might just be my poor intellect at work again but I'm not getting the connection between God deciding the weather and whether or not it affects Peyton's performance.

Both Brady and Manning are capable of leading their respective teams to a win in any condition.

Now see, here again, it must be me. I'm not seeing or recalling anyone claiming otherwise.

Hell, I went further to answer your question than you did mine and that of other Broncos fans on this forum.

You certainly used more words, yes.

So yes, I do think you're either unintelligent or a troll. Either way, you are an embarrassment to yourself and Pats fans.

Hmmm, personal attacks are not generally indicative of high intellect. If I have become trollish in this thread it's because you're quite simply incapable of conceding a point or even of clarifying one. You've done little else but boast about yourself and purposely muddle each point.

Best of the rest of the season and 2014 to ya. I'm calling Denver defeating NE in the AFCCG. Of course, if that game happens, I'm also gonna pray for a nasty, windy, snowy, cold night!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good mornin' ftbll.

No, because I have the ability to think for myself, I am not going to be shoe-horned into answers, neither of which describe how I feel about the topic in your question.

By all means, gimme your straight to the point answer in your own words. I'll try to find someone smart to help me decipher it.

I can't control the elements, and neither can any team, coach, or player in the league. They both play in the same elements any given week.

Now see, this might just be my poor intellect at work again but I'm not getting the connection between God deciding the weather and whether or not it affects Peyton's performance.

Both Brady and Manning are capable of leading their respective teams to a win in any condition.

Now see, here again, it must be me. I'm not seeing or recalling anyone claiming otherwise.

Hell, I went further to answer your question than you did mine and that of other Broncos fans on this forum.

So yes, I do think you're either unintelligent or a troll. Either way, you are an embarrassment to yourself and Pats fans.

Hmmm, personal attacks are not generally indicative of high intellect. If I have become trollish in this thread it's because you're quite simply incapable of conceding a point or even of clarifying one. You've done little else but boast about yourself and purposely muddle each point.

Best of the rest of the season and 2014 to ya. I'm calling Denver defeating NE in the AFCCG. Of course, if that game happens, I'm also gonna pray for a nasty, windy, snowy, cold night!

Brady looked so good earlier in the year in the rainy game against Cincy. You are right you should hope for that horrible weather because Brady is just awesome in all kinds of weather.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to answer your question on the weather part honestly I wouldn't care one bit what kind of weather the game is played in

cdum! Finally, an answer.

You just keep repeating over and over again that Manning sucks in bad weather

Actually I have not said anything of the sort over and over. The only thing I said over and over is the same simple question being dodged. You, however, answered it. We don't have to agree.

Did you read the article that I posted or do you want to continue to ignore the facts like you keep claiming we do?

Do you have one based upon actual nasty weather and big games? I promise to respond but as I stated, 40 degrees with no mention of snow and wind, is meaningless.

Throw in the Broncos have a great run game shown in the last game against NE that I don't see the bad weather being a problem.

Agreed. I don't think NE is likely to beat the Broncs at Mile High. The only question is that defense of yours that gave up that embarrassing play to end your season last year.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady looked so good earlier in the year in the rainy game against Cincy. You are right you should hope for that horrible weather because Brady is just awesome in all kinds of weather

More straw to grasp at. 1) My claim that Brady cannot lose a bad weather game....where is that? 2) acknowledgement that the final 3 minutes were played in a MONSOON where nobody could see their hands in front of their face...where's that?

Guys, I'm just not seeing the high NFL analysis acumen you lay claim to.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Probably because you cannot see the forest for the trees. We have given you links to sites explaining how most of Manning's bad weather games are away games, usually to NE but you are to busy jerking it to a picture of Belicheat to figure that out. You then propose a dumb question of "Which weather do you want for your QB warm and sunny or cold and shitty?" fucking stupid question 100% of logical fans are going to say warm and sunny. Only an idiot would say cold and shitty.

NEHomer, just go back to the pats board where you can all cry about how the patriots are the most banged up team and how it isn't fair the NFL did not hand you the Lombardi in September.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well good mornin' ftbll.

Both Brady and Manning are capable of leading their respective teams to a win in any condition.[/I

Hell, I went further to answer your question than you did mine and that of other Broncos fans on this

forum.

Homer, it wasn't a personal attack. It was my assessment of your level of intelligence based on your posts. I don't know you and can only go off of what you say here in the forum. In my opinion, if these posts are a representative of how and what you are in person, there just isn't a lot there. That's not a personal attack, it's an opinion based on the stuff you write. If it hurts your feelings, then you should toughen up a little. You shouldn't let anonymous posters get under your skin like that.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady looked so good earlier in the year in the rainy game against Cincy. You are right you should hope for that horrible weather because Brady is just awesome in all kinds of weather

More straw to grasp at. 1) My claim that Brady cannot lose a bad weather game....where is that? 2) acknowledgement that the final 3 minutes were played in a MONSOON where nobody could see their hands in front of their face...where's that?

whoa big word for you there with acumen. Very proud of you. I'm sorry but I am not going to go back and look up the weather for each of those 23 games where it was below 40 degrees. That has been the argument from the beginning that in cold weather Peyton struggles. If you read the article you will see that yes early on in his career he did struggle with it. He grew up in the South, went to Tennessee, then was drafted by a dome team so it makes sense that early on he struggled. Now over his last 10 games he has posted over a 100 quarterback rating with all but 2 of those I think being on the road so should show he does just fine with the cold. Now the wind again sorry not going to go back through and see how hard the wind was blowing in all those games. Now if you look at the next 10 days in Denver weather wise it looks like mid 40's with under 10 mph winds. Will that be what it is come game time who knows but right now it looks like decent weather. For the AFCCG they are predicting around 48 degrees right now so again looking like good weather but who knows what will happen.

Now my comment about the Cincy game was geared towards just making fun of your hope for bad weather in the game considering Brady has struggled at times especially on the road in bad weather.

Also if you want us to answer your questions then why do you continue to ignore ours such as the home-away split that iknowftbll has eluded to. If you want us to look up things then shouldn't you return the favor? Yours is way easier than figuring out weather for certain games. You also have yet to produce anything resembling any kind of facts to try and back up you arguments. You did make the claim than in nasty weather Peyton struggles but where is the facts to back that up. I at least showed you an article that breaks down every single one of his games under 40 degrees. You.......NOTHING. Hmm who is the one dumbing down this conversation?

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now to answer your question on the weather part honestly I wouldn't care one bit what kind of weather the game is played in

cdum! Finally, an answer.

Interesting. I essentially said the same thing in answer to your question (remember - I said it is "irrelevant because both teams play in the same conditions") and I was "dodging the question." CD says he doesn't care and he is answering the question. And you wonder why I don't think you're very smart...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I essentially said the same thing in answer to your question (remember - I said it is "irrelevant because both teams play in the same conditions") and I was "dodging the question." CD says he doesn't care and he is answering the question. And you wonder why I don't think you're very smart...

Haha yeah I noticed that too but didn't want him to claim once again that we are trolling him on our own board.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying the weather is irrelevant because both teams play in it is not the same as saying that it doesn't matter because it would not affect Peyton's play.

Guys. I'm not hurt or offended by your many insults, I'm simply pointing out that you're using them in place of answering a simple postulate.

Which weather do you want for your QB warm and sunny or cold and shitty?" fucking stupid question 100% of logical fans are going to say warm and sunny. Only an idiot would say cold and shitty.

Wrong. If Brady's coming to Denver, we're hoping for cold and wind.

Also if you want us to answer your questions then why do you continue to ignore ours such as the home-away split that iknowftbll has eluded to

Answered it in post #37 and then referred to post 37 a second time.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha yeah I noticed that too but didn't want him to claim once again that we are trolling him on our own board.

...and I repeat for the record, If you wish to be taken seriously in a discussion, you'll avoid the trolling terms that reveal your bias. Notice my consistent use of Broncs and Peyton in this thread. Troll to your heart's content.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
idntknowftbll, if you say so, then yes.

Do you intend for that home/away split to explain away all of Peyton's bad weather woes?

A or B?

This is not an answer to the question...this is I am too lazy or too stupid to figure it out.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NEHomer, just go back to the pats board where you can all cry about how the patriots are the most banged up team and how it isn't fair the NFL did not hand you the Lombardi in September.

Well now that you mention it, taking Vince Wilfork off one side of the line and Gronkowski off the other does have some merit. If I left, here, you'd all miss me~