• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Divisional playoff game: LA Chargers @ New England 1:05pm ET on CBS

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing against the Pats, but I really wanted to see the Chargers win just because I love Rivers. But goddamn what an effort by the Pats defense, they were just in his face on almost every snap.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Rivers become a whiny little bitch?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
classic tweet

Verified account

@wilfork75
FollowFollow @wilfork75
More
It’s funny to hear tony romo saying what BRADY should do

10:11 AM - 13 Jan 2019

Cardiak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady has now played 17 full seasons

He has made it to the Championship game 13 out of 17 seasons which is 76% of the time

If he makes it to the super bowl this year he will be playing in his 9th super bowl which would be a 52% chance of making the super bowl each year he plays

You will never see a QB ever come close to these numbers again... enjoy it

Last edited:

Cardiak

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Additionally in the divisional round of the playoffs Brady is now 13-2... that’s against playoff caliber teams. Crazy man...

Fred_Delosantos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was happy to see Sarah Thomas (ref) working this game. always nice to see a chick running around in there with the boys.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the playoffs. Pats are always much better in January. Have you not learned?
No I haven't learn. The Pats are not a good road team. Now I could be wrong, but I think they will have a hard time beating KC in their back yard.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charger fans should feel somewhat like Steelers fans felt in the '16 AFCCG. I think the Chargers were probably the more talented team on the field.

The DEF game plan fed right into the Patriots hands...you can't beat Brady/McDaniels playing mostly zone and rushing 4 with the occasional 5. Not in NE especially. I'm not sure what game prep tape Lynn and staff looked at, but that gameplan was stamped L from the get go.

Up two possessions is enough to take the run game from most OCs...not being able to adjust the DEF got them in an deeper hole, and NE no longer had to worry about the run and it was a wrap.

Lynn...I thought you earned COTY for the regular season, but you came up empty from a DEF game plan standpoint yesterday.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charger fans should feel somewhat like Steelers fans felt in the '16 AFCCG. I think the Chargers were probably the more talented team on the field.

The DEF game plan fed right into the Patriots hands...you can't beat Brady/McDaniels playing mostly zone and rushing 4 with the occasional 5. Not in NE especially. I'm not sure what game prep tape Lynn and staff looked at, but that gameplan was stamped L from the get go.

Up two possessions is enough to take the run game from most OCs...not being able to adjust the DEF got them in an deeper hole, and NE no longer had to worry about the run and it was a wrap.

Lynn...I thought you earned COTY for the regular season, but you came up empty from a DEF game plan standpoint yesterday.

Yep, completely outcoached in this one but it is BB in January... he has done that to many coaches through the years

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, completely outcoached in this one but it is BB in January... he has done that to many coaches through the years

Yeah, except he didn't really have to do anything special in this one...their OFC is built to beat zone coverage and that's what LAC gave them all 1st half.

The Patriots will adjust to man coverage, but they struggle more with that DEF scheme, especially bump and run coverage and you can get some hits on Brady. Watch KC this week. Most likely they will man up on the WRs and come after Brady...McDaniels will probably counter with some old school run game to see where KC is on tackling.

Should be a fun game.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another game where a supposedly decent defense got manhandled and butt wooped. Not just the scheme either. Bad tackling at times. Beat in the trenches. No pass rush at all. Totally gagged.
Was figuring if the Chargers lose, it would be because of Rivers but I can't lay this one on him. He played his heart out and had absolutely no help. Spent most of the game running for his life and laying on his back. The RB's missed blitz pick ups all game long. The fucking center didn't snap the ball twice and caused delay of game penalties. The Oline was just awful all around. I knew they weren't great but they didn't have a clue.
They should have just forfeited the game and stayed home. It would have been less ugly.