• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship Game: New England @ Kansas City 6:40 Eastern Time on CBS

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its easy to blame the Chiefs for a lot of their own mistakes. There was a punt return for the Chiefs went backwards about 30 yards and Mahomes took some brutal sacks that took points off the board.

At some point, you have to play smart to win a championship.
Kudos to you man. To take the loss with such maturity speaks volumes. I will say I think the Pats played hard & well, but damn if they didn’t get some lucky breaks in 4Q. Edelman muff that didn’t touch him; the defensive offside call on Chiefs, come to mind.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to you man. To take the loss with such maturity speaks volumes. I will say I think the Pats played hard & well, but damn if they didn’t get some lucky breaks in 4Q. Edelman muff that didn’t touch him; the defensive offside call on Chiefs, come to mind.
I think the game could've gone either way but the recurring pattern in the game was:

1) Chiefs D stuffs the Patriots D on first down
2) Patriots run a quick pass on second down against a softer Chiefs coverage and get 7-9 yards.
3) Patriots have a very manageable 3rd down and complete it to White/Gronk.

Whenever they needed White or Gronk, it was money.

If the Chiefs would've won, it would've felt like they stole it and/or the Patriots gave it away. And they almost did.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Edelman thing was luck.

The offside was a legit penalty, no luck involved.......

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the game could've gone either way but the recurring pattern in the game was:

1) Chiefs D stuffs the Patriots D on first down
2) Patriots run a quick pass on second down against a softer Chiefs coverage and get 7-9 yards.
3) Patriots have a very manageable 3rd down and complete it to White/Gronk.

Whenever they needed White or Gronk, it was money.

If the Chiefs would've won, it would've felt like they stole it and/or the Patriots gave it away. And they almost did.

Maybe it was annoying to some, but Romo was spot on when he kept saying that Brady was killing the play based on what he saw. That speaks to Brady's experience but also tells me Sutton isn't very good about disguising. Rex Ryan is the master of this.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Edelman thing was luck.

The offside was a legit penalty, no luck involved.......

Good thing Edelman redeemed himself after the int that went out of his arms a few plays after that , Then Gronk does the same thing, but luckily Ford was offside or game was over. The first int by Brady was all on him, and cost an easy 14-0 lead which would have been 21-0. We saw Mahomes come back down 2 scores in 2nd half this year vs NE, 3 would have been a more comfortable cushion

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Edelman redeemed himself after the int that went out of his arms a few plays after that , Then Gronk does the same thing, but luckily Ford was offside or game was over. The first int by Brady was all on him, and cost an easy 14-0 lead which would have been 21-0. We saw Mahomes come back down 2 scores in 2nd half this year vs NE, 3 would have been a more comfortable cushion

It was a good try but KC was waiting for it.

Fred_Delosantos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Dee Ford fucks up, admits "sloppy football", says sorry, moves on, business as usual, and the DC gets fired.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO It's called pats / nfl / good ole commish is in our back pocket .

Newsflash Goodell hates the Pats ex Jets FO guy .

Nobody was hwhacked 500k and lost first round draft picks and no othee player was ever suspended even 1 game for equipment violation yet Brady 4 but of course Goodell loves NE :L
Kraft basically told him to fuck off after the SB win in front of hundreds of millions watching and Roger likes him

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having just re-watched this game, does it look like NE let KC score their last TD to get the ball back? Thinking they could easily score with 2 minutes? Rather than waste time trying to stop the inevitable?

I don't think KC did the same but NE really didn't look like they tried to stop them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure only SB 51 has more comments for an NFL "gamethread" on SportsHoopla since 2013, when the filter was added. If this thread somehow got about 300 more comments, it would break the record I think.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure only SB 51 has more comments for an NFL "gamethread" on SportsHoopla since 2013, when the filter was added. If this thread somehow got about 300 more comments, it would break the record I think.

I'm not into statistics or analytics.

I go by smell.

And this thread smells strong....

I've still got lots to say.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

12584395.jpg

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Dee Ford fucks up, admits "sloppy football", says sorry, moves on, business as usual, and the DC gets fired.
The defense was 30th and 26th in defensive DVOA the past two years, this year he had arguably the best passrush in all of football, performed very well against WR1 AND WR2s, but STILL was in charge of one of the worst defenses in football; even after signing the guy with the top run stop % in 2017, only for same player to be arguably the worst LB in 2018?

This is all pointing back to the DC. Players know it, coaches knew, the FO knew, the fans knew, everyone knew it by the time this game happened. I hate to be overly incredulous here, but the best case scenario for Bob was always retiring with a modicum of dignity with a SB ring that the offense carried him for. The game passed him by.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe if we go into review of non-controversial awesome plays we can easily surpass that metric.