• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AFC Championship Game: New England @ Kansas City 6:40 Eastern Time on CBS

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, that doesn't bother me then. Would drive my crazy if it were incorrect however in that particular instance.
He didn't jump offsides, he lined up offsides. Had no impact on the play at all. You wonder how many times during a game someone lines up offsides and it's not called. Then, on the one play that would have ended the game, it's called. Crazy.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing lost on the Hogan catch controversy- I'm not sure it was a catch. But if it was (and I think it was), it's one of the greatest catches I've ever seen.

It was although something of a judgement call. The Edelman "catch" was called back. Except for the bogus roughing the passer call, they were ok. Which isn't bad for the refs.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't jump offsides, he lined up offsides. Had no impact on the play at all. You wonder how many times during a game someone lines up offsides and it's not called. Then, on the one play that would have ended the game, it's called. Crazy.

Not a good excuse. When it's that obvious, it's called a hell of a lot..

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people feel the need to bitch about the refs and act like it’s one sided? You find one or two plays that “changed the game”.

We really live in a world full of bad losers and people who want do-overs.

Both games yesterday were called evenly. One team didn’t dominate getting calls and both were good games that went to OT. Doesn’t get any better than that so why bitch?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people feel the need to bitch about the refs and act like it’s one sided? You find one or two plays that “changed the game”.

We really live in a world full of bad losers and people who want do-overs.

Both games yesterday were called evenly. One team didn’t dominate getting calls and both were good games that went to OT. Doesn’t get any better than that so why bitch?
In this case, it because the Chiefs and Saints are playing in the Super Bowl if one call ends up differently.

In the Saints case, they got the call wrong.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this a real post??? Are you fucking kidding me? Probably the gayest post I've seen so far.

He was lined up offsides by a country mile. Easy fucking call, that gets made every fucking time. Hell, let's just let him line up in the backfield..maybe put him in the I-formation?

Easily the gayest thing I've seen posted about the game so far.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this case, it because the Chiefs and Saints are playing in the Super Bowl if one call ends up differently.

In the Saints case, they got the call wrong.

You could look to many other plays, calls, and no calls as well. Can’t just cherry pick one. Plus there is a flow to games and the refs are making up make up calls and no calls.

If the refs start throwing flags galore we are all in here bitching about the refs and too many flags

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could look to many other plays, calls, and no calls as well. Can’t just cherry pick one. Plus there is a flow to games and the refs are making up make up calls and no calls.

If the refs start throwing flags galore we are all in here bitching about the refs and too many flags
You can't cherry pick but there are definitely plays that can end football games. Those plays are more important than plays that don't

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you're saying the Patriots OT was committing an illegal formation by lining up where he was, thus inducing offsides, I don't really get the consternation on the Ford offsides. The phantom roughing the passer is way further up on the list of things to complain about.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots got a bogus roughing the passer penalty that benefited them and the Chiefs had about four defensive pass interference penalties that weren’t called.

It’s not often where the Patriots actually get the worst end of the officiating stick but yesterday was it.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots got a bogus roughing the passer penalty that benefited them and the Chiefs had about four defensive pass interference penalties that weren’t called.
I think I saw two. The one in the endzone where the Pats receiver caught it anyways and I think they had one on a crossing route.

I dont really think the Chiefs fans are complaining about the game as a whole. Most Chiefs fans should know that playoff rules of refs not calling anything favors the Chiefs man defense scheme a LOT.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Neverforget

Chiefs are likely in the super bowl if the correct call is made here

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Neverforget

Slap anywhere near a QB's head and they are going to throw a flag. This isn't something new, the NFL has put an emphasis on protecting QB's for decades now.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slap anywhere near a QB's head and they are going to throw a flag. This isn't something new, the NFL has put an emphasis on protecting QB's for decades now.

But when the Pats did the same thing to Mahomes earlier in the 2nd half, refs correctly didn't throw their flag lol

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Neverforget

Gronk was getting mugged on the play so while yes the roughing the passer penalty was bogus a foul should’ve been called either way to keep the drive alive.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got Randy Gregoryed and it cost them.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is one thing the Patriots have not done more or less at all the last few weeks?

Throw to Gronkowski.

I think that when KC least expects it, they will do just that.

I think Gronk has a big day and not just blocking for the run.

They've lulled the league to sleep on him. He's done, etc.

Maybe I do know something?