• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Adrian Peterson reportedly indicted for child abuse

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. If what AP did was a crime then my parents would have both been locked up for life on "3 strikes and your out" by the time I was 10. I grew up in the burbs but my dad grew up in inner-city Chicago and my mom grew up on a farm so they pretty much had the same concept of discipline that AP does. I want to hear all the facts on this before I have an opinion. But captain knee-jerk needs to be fired. The NFL just needs to be upfront about off the field is not our concern and let the show go on, because they're god awful at playing the morality police.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's sad is someone thinking taking toys away is teaching their kids the right message. It's about giving your children boundaries. If your kid is playing with matches, giving them a time out or taking away a toy just doesn't cut it. You got to send them a strong enough message, that they don't do it again. That means a good ass whooping. That's just one example...however your just trolling for attention, so...whatever.

There are plenty of ways to get a strong message across for something like that between taking a toy away and an ass whooping. Plenty of ways.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling for attention. I am legitimately sickened that so many people think that violence against children is ok. I'm sorry that you can't handle that I challenged your value system and have to dismiss it as "trolling".

Violence against children? Lol

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. If what AP did was a crime then my parents would have both been locked up for life on "3 strikes and your out" by the time I was 10. I grew up in the burbs but my dad grew up in inner-city Chicago and my mom grew up on a farm so they pretty much had the same concept of discipline that AP does. I want to hear all the facts on this before I have an opinion. But captain knee-jerk needs to be fired. The NFL just needs to be upfront about off the field is not our concern and let the show go on, because they're god awful at playing the morality police.

You parents beat you until you bled all over your back, legs, and butt?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of ways to get a strong message across for something like that between taking a toy away and an ass whooping. Plenty of ways.

If your child is doing some thing dangerous their isn't nothing wrong with a spanking IMO. Today's liberal society isn't some thing I can agree with.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in my late 20s and I was spanked with a belt and a switch a couple of times when I was little kid. Not often, because I was smart enough to realize I done fucked up. But every time, whether it was from my dad or my grandparents that did it, never once did they draw blood or leave a bruise. Because that's not how a "whooping" or "spanking" is done. All its suppose to do is sting. A minute or two goes by and it doesn't even hurt anymore nor is there any signs of damage. But it gets the point across. And for children, that sting is enough. A couple of licks to sting the skin and that's it. But there's lots of people that don't understand this, both those who have never punished a kid this way and those who do and end up being far too excessive and actually hurting the child.

Looking at the pictures, its clear that's not what Peterson did. That's excessive force and you have to wail on a child quite a bit to kid the number of lacerations and the depth of cuts that were shown.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling for attention. I am legitimately sickened that so many people think that violence against children is ok. I'm sorry that you can't handle that I challenged your value system and have to dismiss it as "trolling".

If you consider a spanking as violent your a puss.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best report me. I consider it a description of your trolling.

Is that how it works here? Expressing a contrary opinion is trolling in your book? Be as defensive as you want. You're a mod. You're supposed to set the tone. When you break the very rules you are supposed to enforce, you lose all moral authority. Think about that.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You parents beat you until you bled all over your back, legs, and butt?

What the kid has is pretty much in line with the kind of discipline I saw, and I made sure to stay out of trouble. I also know AP is right when he says that the chord is over the top. If AP was swinging full force then we'd be looking at pictures of a corpse with a leg chopped off. I have kids of my own now and I don't believe in corporal punishment. But there's a lot of people that do and he was obviously raised that way so who the hell is anyone to judge him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What AP did was a crime. You don't whip your kids until they bled, you just whip them hard enough to hurt. The pics tell the story. Not easy being a parent, but you need to try not to get so angry that you go over board. Obviously AP did.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that how it works here? Expressing a contrary opinion is trolling in your book? Be as defensive as you want. You're a mod. You're supposed to set the tone. When you break the very rules you are supposed to enforce, you lose all moral authority. Think about that.

Troll on dude.

Bradyjustwins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in my late 20s and I was spanked with a belt and a switch a couple of times when I was little kid. Not often, because I was smart enough to realize I done fucked up. But every time, whether it was from my dad or my grandparents that did it, never once did they draw blood or leave a bruise. Because that's not how a "whooping" or "spanking" is done. All its suppose to do is sting. A minute or two goes by and it doesn't even hurt anymore nor is there any signs of damage. But it gets the point across. And for children, that sting is enough. A couple of licks to sting the skin and that's it. But there's lots of people that don't understand this, both those who have never punished a kid this way and those who do and end up being far too excessive and actually hurting the child.

Looking at the pictures, its clear that's not what Peterson did. That's excessive force and you have to wail on a child quite a bit to kid the number of lacerations and the depth of cuts that were shown.

Exactly. What he used is less important than how he used it. The kid had marks all over his body. This wasn't just a few switch hits to the butt.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think spanking your kid is violence?

:L

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I have already said.
I believe the use of spankings.
However I don't think any parent should ever spank their kids while they are pissed off. That is where things do get out of hand. Put your kid in their room & you go to another room til you get calmed down, then deal with whatever form of discipline.

Ya I get it ... easier said than done a lot of times though. :wink:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What AP did was a crime. You don't whip your kids until they bled, you just whip them hard enough to hurt. The pics tell the story. Not easy being a parent, but you need to try not to get so angry that you go over board. Obviously AP did.

That's easy for you to say but don't know the background of the guy. I don't believe in corporal punishment either. But there's plenty of members of my extended family that does and can't fathom why anybody would have a problem with it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's easy for you to say but don't know the background of the guy. I don't believe in corporal punishment either. But there's plenty of members of my extended family that does and can't fathom why anybody would have a problem with it.

What he did, as far as the pictures show us, was clearly illegal. If your family members disagree, they are wrong.

His background and cultural upbringing are excuses. Nothing more.

Leaving visible marks, injuries and bruises is child abuse.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If your child is doing some thing dangerous their isn't nothing wrong with a spanking IMO. Today's liberal society isn't some thing I can agree with.

There are plenty of ways to put the fear of god in your kid for doing something dangerous without having to wallop them.