• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD chasing Emmitt

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well since you like throwing numbers....

I dont know you hoss... this a game you dont want to play with me

top10 rushing TDs ever scored in a season

Only one man is on that list TWICE ... Only ONE RB EVER scored 20+ in a season (rushing) in his career.

Emmitt Smith

You can jump on Sanders if you want ... He aint number #1 ... To me he ain't #3

Now check those stats hoss

First, drop the internet tough guy routine. Shit got old a long time ago.

Second, give me more than one stat to support this Emmitt over Sanders.

Third, make it something more subjective than TD's.

Fourth, try to take into account the difference in quality of O-lines played behind when you tell me about Emmitt hitting the mark twice.

Emmitt .77 TD's per game
Barry .71 TD's per game

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My unbiased top 5.

1. Walter Peyton and it's not even close.
2. Eric Dickerson if you have a top 5 without him you didnt watch him play.
3. Jim Brown players trying to tackle him were smaller but he was amazing.

4 & 5 can be anyone of the following as they all deserve mention.
Marshall Faulk, Earl Campbell, O.J. Simpson, Barry Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson

I guess I can throw Emmitt in there being this is the Cowboys board but IMO he was a product of his team, I do respect how he was a tough SOB, I just wouldn't put him in my top 5.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, drop the internet tough guy routine. Shit got old a long time ago.

Second, give me more than one stat to support this Emmitt over Sanders.

Third, make it something more subjective than TD's.

Fourth, try to take into account the difference in quality of O-lines played behind when you tell me about Emmitt hitting the mark twice.

Emmitt .77 TD's per game
Barry .71 TD's per game

How about this ... wheels drop off Rbs... real fast... look at LT or TD

How about a non stat. Cowboys vs the Giants... Emmitt with a dislocated shoulder took the ball every play running and receiving and carried his team down the field for the win.

Emmit pretty much held his numbers til he went to AZ..... Barry didnt have the heart to play long enough to get the numbers.
Emmitt fucked his neck up hopping the line to score.... A situation Sanders would have pulled out of the game.
Emmit was elusive but also lowered his shoulders.
Barry was hit or miss.. He played for himself. He's rather take a 5 yard loss than tuck his head and get 1 positive yard.

Emmit made the mistake of going to AZ and lowering his averages.... In other words he played too long.
Barry's averages were never lowered . He quit in his prime..

:doh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My unbiased top 5.

1. Walter Peyton and it's not even close.
2. Eric Dickerson if you have a top 5 without him you didnt watch him play.
3. Jim Brown players trying to tackle him were smaller but he was amazing.

4 & 5 can be anyone of the following as they all deserve mention.
Marshall Faulk, Earl Campbell, O.J. Simpson, Barry Sanders, LaDainian Tomlinson

I guess I can throw Emmitt in there being this is the Cowboys board but IMO he was a product of his team, I do respect how he was a tough SOB, I just wouldn't put him in my top 5.

#1 Are you serious? #2 Emmitt isn't top 3 simply because he holds every RB record known to man, he is top 3 because he was possibly the most complete back ever. Could block and catch. To put Dickerson over Brown or Smith is silly. Dickerson was probably a better runner than Smith, but no where near the complete back Smith was. The only Reason I'd consider Brown in top 3 is because he did it in less time than anyone, and in an era where he had to deal with far more than legal hits on the field due to his race. For that fact alone, he may be number 2 or 1 on the list. Dickerson while great is not top 4, but hey that is just my opinion just like your's he is. To each their own.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How about a non stat. Cowboys vs the Giants... Emmitt with a dislocated shoulder took the ball every play running and receiving and carried his team down the field for the win.

Emmit pretty much held his numbers til he went to AZ..... Barry didnt have the heart to play long enough to get the numbers.
Emmitt fucked his neck up hopping the line to score.... A situation Sanders would have pulled out of the game.
Barry was hit or miss.. He played for himself. He's rather take a 5 yard loss than tuck his head and get 1 positive yard.

Emmit made the mistake of going to AZ and lowering his averages.... In other words he played too long.

Anyone to ever question Barry having as much heart as Smith is silly. Heart is what made Smith the Great he is, because without it he would be no different than a guy like Marcus Allen, very good, played for a long time with consistent numbers but that's the only reason he is in the top of rushing stats. Heart is what many don't and will never have.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1 Are you serious? #2 Emmitt isn't top 3 simply because he holds every RB record known to man, he is top 3 because he was possibly the most complete back ever. Could block and catch. To put Dickerson over Brown or Smith is silly. Dickerson was probably a better runner than Smith, but no where near the complete back Smith was. The only Reason I'd consider Brown in top 3 is because he did it in less time than anyone, and in an era where he had to deal with far more than legal hits on the field due to his race. For that fact alone, he may be number 2 or 1 on the list. Dickerson while great is not top 4, but hey that is just my opinion just like your's he is. To each their own.

you know the funny thing I find in these debates... everyone says if he would have kept playing or if he would have stayed healthy.....

If I go by those standards...... EC greatest ever... but if and or whats... He didnt last and didnt stay healthy.

easy to fall in love with highlights or a season. Certain guys are just head and shoulders above the rest. Longevity DOES play a part in that

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone to ever question Barry having as much heart as Smith is silly. Heart is what made Smith the Great he is, because without it he would be no different than a guy like Marcus Allen, very good, played for a long time with consistent numbers but that's the only reason he is in the top of rushing stats. Heart is what many don't and will never have.

I wasnt saying Sanders didnt have heart.....

he didnt have Smith's heart though not even close IMO

and it's a fact Sanders would rather lose yards than plant his head for 1 yard..... it's how he ran and who he was

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 Emmitt isn't top 3 simply because he holds every RB record known to man,
Is Pete Rose the best hitter of all time?

#1 Are you serious?
You say Emmitt could do it all, well nobody did IT ALL better than Walter Peyton, sweetness had the best stiff arm of all time was an amazing blocker, could catch the ball and oh he could throw too. look at the teams he played on, the quarterbacks he had, Emmitt shouldn't be talked about in the same Conversation as Walter Peyton.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're response sounds more emotional than logical. Sorry, I can separate my love for Emmitt and the Cowboys from this discussion.

Emmitt averaged 4.2 yards per carry over his tenure in Dallas. Emmitt averaged 4.2 for his career as well.

You want to bring up Emmitt's durability and longevity in the argument as a reason why he is better, but then you turn around and say he played too long bringing his averages down. You can't have it both ways in an argument. Barry's production was rock solid all throughout his career from start to finish. Sanders rushed for under 1300 yards only one time in his career -- and the year he didn't rush for 1300, he ran for 1115 yards. Emmitt rushed under 1300 yards eight times. and under 1000 four times.

Sanders could of played longer, but chose to leave the game. He left on his own terms and that should in no way discredit his accomplishments in the game.

Sanders was better, get over it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt saying Sanders didnt have heart.....

he didnt have Smith's heart though not even close IMO

and it's a fact Sanders would rather lose yards than plant his head for 1 yard..... it's how he ran and who he was

Someone who quits on their team and themselves doesn't have heart bottom line, so you don't need to say it, I'll say it for you Barry didn't have heart! :wtf2::lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Pete Rose the best hitter of all time?

You say Emmitt could do it all, well nobody did IT ALL better than Walter Peyton, sweetness had the best stiff arm of all time was an amazing blocker, could catch the ball and oh he could throw too. look at the teams he played on, the quarterbacks he had, Emmitt shouldn't be talked about in the same Conversation as Walter Peyton.

Never said Sweetness wasn't the best look back and I'll agree he was the most complete back ever. However don't disrespect Smith by saying he is not in the same convo as Sweetness, because he is, just didn't have the same physical talent that Sweetness had. And what does that matter if Pete Rose is the best hitter of all time? I don't think he was top 3 to be honest, Mays, Aaron, Griffey Jr. only thing that proves is my preference is for individuals that had character and heart. Can't stand a cheater or bitch when it comes to sports. That is why if you ask me as of this moment 1. Sweetness 2. Smith 3. Brown

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders was better, get over it.

I think there are two sides to this. I like to look at which player would you rather have in every situation, as great as Barry was would you want him as your running back if you were playing the Packers in the NFC Championship game at Lambeau when it's 20 below zero? Would you want Barry inside the 10 yard line needing a TD to win a game? I don't think so, as great as Barry was I can name 20 backs i'd rather have in those situations. I guess I just want a guy that I could have on the field in every situation, too me that's not Barry... But he was as fun a back to watch that's ever played, nobody made you say WOW more than Barry.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he was top 3 to be honest, Mays, Aaron, Griffey Jr.
No disrespect intended... Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig, Stan Musial? None of those guys are top 3?

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some more stats for you

Barry went over 1700 yards from scrimmage 8 times in 10 years
Emmitt went over 1700 yards from scrimmage 5 times in 15 years

For their careers both players fumbled once every 3.7 games
Sanders - 3.73
Smith - 3.70

Sanders averaged 19.3 yards per game receiving
Smith averaged 14.3 yards per game

Sanders averaged 8.3 yards per catch for his career
Smith averaged 6.3 yards per catch

Even if you take away the Arizona years, Sanders beats Emmitt in nearly every statistical category on a per touch, per game, and per season average.

To my knowledge Sanders played with no other HOF players. Sanders' supporting cast was very average, from the players to the coaches. Emmitt played with 4 HOF'ers that I can think of off the top of my head, and numerous other elite players. Not to mention what is widely considered the greatest O-line ever.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's some more stats for you

Barry went over 1700 yards from scrimmage 8 times in 10 years
Emmitt went over 1700 yards from scrimmage 5 times in 15 years

For their careers both players fumbled once every 3.7 games
Sanders - 3.73
Smith - 3.70

Sanders averaged 19.3 yards per game receiving
Smith averaged 14.3 yards per game

Sanders averaged 8.3 yards per catch for his career
Smith averaged 6.3 yards per catch

Even if you take away the Arizona years, Sanders beats Emmitt in nearly every statistical category on a per touch, per game, and per season average.

To my knowledge Sanders played with no other HOF players. Sanders' supporting cast was very average, from the players to the coaches. Emmitt played with 4 HOF'ers that I can think of off the top of my head, and numerous other elite players. Not to mention what is widely considered the greatest O-line ever.

you're really funny
Did you even watch Sanders play? How many 3rd and shorts did Sanders ever give his team?

Sanders was great at what he did ... and I saw all of it. His entire career. Best ever? Nope Not not even fucking close.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked this earlier in this debate .. and I'll ask it again JUST TO YOU

you got a superbowl potential team

Who would you want as your runningback ?
Peyton
Smith
Dickerson
Brown
Sanders

That alone makes him not top 4 if you answer that honestly
some more names for you
Dickerson
One not mentioned OJ Simpson
Earl Cambell
Curtis Martin

All guys I would take over Sanders

Like I said fun to watch..... he wont the best .. not even close... and he wasnt a guy that could take his team to the promise land. For everything great about him ... there was something equally as bad

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked this earlier in this debate .. and I'll ask it again JUST TO YOU

you got a superbowl potential team

Who would you want as your runningback ?
Peyton
Smith
Dickerson
Brown
Sanders

That alone makes him not top 4 if you answer that honestly
some more names for you
Dickerson
One not mentioned OJ Simpson
Earl Cambell
Curtis Martin

All guys I would take over Sanders

Like I said fun to watch..... he wont the best .. not even close... and he wasnt a guy that could take his team to the promise land. For everything great about him ... there was something equally as bad

yeah I know I put Dickerson twice.... after so many seconds you cant correct on here :suds:

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned Juice...

Sorry I missed it ... Glad you did

My point was he is kinda overlooked in the great Rb convos sometimes. He's a piece of shit ... but when he was on the football field he is up there in the convo of greats

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO there can be alot of debates over the best Rb ever.........and a few names can go in that debate.

If you say Sanders was the best ever .... You got a real low goddamn football IQ