• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD chasing Emmitt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta put Brown higher It was a tougher League 1. 2. not only did he do it in 8 seasons, but in 12 games ea season. 3. he walked away at like 29 I believe. My list goes:

1. Brown
2. Sanders
3. Smith
4. Sweetness
5. Dickerson to edge out Campbell. (so that means LT is probably 7 on my list).

I won't even argue with you on Brown, and you can say he deserves anywhere from 1-4 in my book, but I will say this that Sweetness can never and I mean ever be under Barry on any list for the simple fact he had more yards and was a far more complete back bro. Smith could go 1-4 on any list as well IMO, but to point one more thing out I believe we all know and agree in any order the top 4 RB's in nfl history being Smith, Sanders, Sweetness, and Brown, correct?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd probably have him as my fourth overall. No one tops Barry to me, and the only reason AP is so high with half of his career left is because of what he did last season, and the fact that this guy here is the greatest combo of strength and speed I have ever seen in a player, not just RB, but player period. I have met several top players and he stands out, dude is just a pure freak and I will bet anyone he breaks 2,200 before his career is over in a season, and if anyone in the next 15 years will break E.Smith's record it will be him.
well when talking greats, there is no clear cut answer, & if AP gets what he is striving for your point is very valid. but I just remember when you have like 9 of the 11 players on defense dedicated to stopping you & know you are getting the ball 90% of the time & you still average 4.4 to 4.5 yards a carry. again fro being just a runner not a complete back. I could argue he could be the best. Better than Smith as a pure runner.
I understand your thoughts on Barry, but I am in the same boat as twist when it comes to him. Yes barry would get his yards, but you could stop him 18 out of the 19 attempts & he takes it 80 yds to the house on the one attempt. That really only helps one drive. Not that it happened that way all the time, but it did happen that way a lot.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nets aint you from H-town....how no Olajuwon? Dream shake Baby

Lol bro got tired of typing, I could put Clyde the Glide, Sam Cassell, Robert Clutch Horry, ect on that list, but also keep this in mind my favorite player back then was Penny and the Rockets killed my Magic in 4 Clutch City back then I hated them for that for so long until I found a new pride for my city lol

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno bruh.

If you got a Superbowl Caliber team. And you get the choice of these runningbacks.

smith
peyton
brown
martin
dickerson
sanders

you still got sanders in the top 3-4 of which you want to be the work horse for you team? He won what one playoff game in his career and got pulled out the lineup inside the 10 ......

Thats true and he was not a short yardage or Goal line back I stated that earlier. i think he rushed for a record -975 career yards that's true to, but historically most would give him the nod over Emmitt due to the :bullshit: argument about his line. I think he is the best pure runner of the ball ever. Emittt is the most complete running back ever. Sweetness is the best combo back ever. If I hd to win one playoff game give me Emmitt.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno bruh.

If you got a Superbowl Caliber team. And you get the choice of these runningbacks.

smith
peyton
brown
martin
dickerson
sanders

you still got sanders in the top 3-4 of which you want to be the work horse for you team? He won what one playoff game in his career and got pulled out the lineup inside the 10 ......

Bro he had a crappy team, I dare you to name w/o google 10 players on that team outside of Sanders and Moore.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol bro got tired of typing, I could put Clyde the Glide, Sam Cassell, Robert Clutch Horry, ect on that list, but also keep this in mind my favorite player back then was Penny and the Rockets killed my Magic in 4 Clutch City back then I hated them for that for so long until I found a new pride for my city lol

Blasphemy. Big Rockets Fan, Huge Oilers fan I hate the Texans though.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't even argue with you on Brown, and you can say he deserves anywhere from 1-4 in my book, but I will say this that Sweetness can never and I mean ever be under Barry on any list for the simple fact he had more yards and was a far more complete back bro. Smith could go 1-4 on any list as well IMO, but to point one more thing out I believe we all know and agree in any order the top 4 RB's in nfl history being Smith, Sanders, Sweetness, and Brown, correct?

Not me LOL

I can agree on we can flip flop 1 and 2 Smith or Peyton
The reason I have Brown as 3 is because he did retire so early. When the wheels fall off a runningback.... you can go from great to unemployed in two seasons.

Look at how fast LT when from probowl to crap.

I think Barry was run to watch ... but I think he is over ranked because of it. Sayers was even more fun to watch... but as time passes I think alot forget about him. Or rather forget to include him.
But honestly if I wanted a scat back I'd take Sayers over Sanders.
I think he is top 6-7 .... The numbers are numbers. and if they subtracted the yards he lost from the yards he gained.... you might would see my side of this debate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well when talking greats, there is no clear cut answer, & if AP gets what he is striving for your point is very valid. but I just remember when you have like 9 of the 11 players on defense dedicated to stopping you & know you are getting the ball 90% of the time & you still average 4.4 to 4.5 yards a carry. again fro being just a runner not a complete back. I could argue he could be the best. Better than Smith as a pure runner.
I understand your thoughts on Barry, but I am in the same boat as twist when it comes to him. Yes barry would get his yards, but you could stop him 18 out of the 19 attempts & he takes it 80 yds to the house on the one attempt. That really only helps one drive. Not that it happened that way all the time, but it did happen that way a lot.

I agree, that is why I could never place him as number one, and I would come second thought place him at 4 behind Sweetness, Smith, Brown in that order. I do feel as if AP has the potential to be the best ever, and the reason I say that is because the man has the heart of Sweetness, the strength of Brown, the vision of Smith, and the speed and agility of Sanders. What a back this guy is, everyone knows he is getting the ball and he can't be stopped, he does have a heck of a OL though, but to that point not much else, Ponder is average at best.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me LOL

The reason I have Brown as 3 is because he did retire so early. When the wheels fall off a runningback.... you can go from great to unemployed in two seasons.

I think Barry was run to watch ... but I think he is over ranked because of it. Sayers was even more fun to watch... but as time passes I think alot forget about him. Or rather forget to include him.
I think he is top 6-7 .... The numbers are numbers. and if they subtracted the yards he lost from the yards he gained.... you might would see my side of this debate.

Wait a sec now.....P-day is the only guy on this board who is old enough to have seen Sayers play:laugh3:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blasphemy. Big Rockets Fan, Huge Oilers fan I hate the Texans though.

Lol I hate the Oilers, that is why I went with the Boys as my team in 89 during that 1-15 season lol, I was 6 and didn't care much about winning or losing just remember that it was either Oilers or Boys and dad said the Oilers would kick Dallas butt if they played and I was mad at him that day and picked the Boys as my team, been loyal ever since.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me LOL

You're just being difficult, Imma get Erik for you lol :lol:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a sec now.....P-day is the only guy on this board who is old enough to have seen Sayers play:laugh3:

Bro PDay old as dirt lol, and be threatening these young bucks on these boards damn well knowing his back would give out if he ever had to fight one of them lol.....but nah man PDay set in his ways, but he's a cool dude under it all, rather have him around than not, very knowledgeable fan there, nickname should be Yoda or some shit like that lol.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wish Jarntt would join us I think he and I disagreed a lot but it was usually just kind of petty mild things. Dude always brought his a game though

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I wish Jarntt would join us I think he and I disagreed a lot but it was usually just kind of petty mild things. Dude always brought his a game though

True very true, I feel like a few others will join eventually maybe during the season, at least that is the hope.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go easy he was making his list based on his age so I'll give him a pass on that one.

Hell WW1 happened long before I was born but I know it still happened. I can't cut a person a break when he omitted Payton and Brown from a top 5 list. I guess me tag is true at the moment.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Troy Hambrick are Chris Warren make the list. Dallas Chris Warren not Seahawks.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, that is why I could never place him as number one, and I would come second thought place him at 4 behind Sweetness, Smith, Brown in that order. I do feel as if AP has the potential to be the best ever, and the reason I say that is because the man has the heart of Sweetness, the strength of Brown, the vision of Smith, and the speed and agility of Sanders. What a back this guy is, everyone knows he is getting the ball and he can't be stopped, he does have a heck of a OL though, but to that point not much else, Ponder is average at best.
well Dickersons line was no slouch either, & he did have QBs like Chris (Jim) Everett :heh: & some other no names. Come to think of it Jackie Slater is another player that gets over looked when talking greats at a position. maybe the Rams made running look so easy they didn't get any credit for it. LOL

I do agree that AP has the potential to be the best. But then again I don't know how many times we look at some of these guys thinking, this guy (RB name here) could do it. Then something happens & they just never complete their career the same.

Honestly don't watch the Vikes (just highlights) so I know he can run & catch, but don't know how his pass protection is. But if it is solid then complete he is!