• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AD chasing Emmitt

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take that back, Twisted. Emmitt was tested, down in Phoenix, Arizona. :L

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only one Rb crossed the 20+ Td season twice in his career....

Gosh, I don't see the word rushing in there anywhere... Your post is on the last page, maybe I missed it...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gosh, thats not what you said, I didn't realize receiving TD's didn't count as TD's anymore, lucky you changed it. you being wrong must have sucked...

dont be butthurt...

AP can play 10 more years and get in the conversation ....

If he last that long .... But if he doesnt.... awww poor Vikings fan... No Superbowl and no player to brag on :L

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know if you two get together ... the Vikes fan and the Lions fan ... and combine your superbowls

It still comes out to errr ZERO

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happens when one is proven to be wrong, he/she has to shift the focus to something else. LOL, and I should turn in my card...

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See what happens when one is proven to be wrong, he/she has to shift the focus to something else. LOL, and I should turn in my card...

you dont even know the players you are talking about. Digging stats so fast you cant even see rushing TDs ...

Man carry that shit somewhere else... Go booty fuck the Detroit fan ... I'm sure he's used to it :lol:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it was pretty shitty of Emmitt to continue playing just to get ahead of Sir Walter. Barry had the decency to retire while Payton lay sick on his deathbed. Coincidence?

SMH

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too be honest i'm not sure Emmitt is the best Cowboys running back of all time, Tony Dorsett was pretty damn good and he didn't have the team around him Emmitt did...

That is the most un-creditable thing I have ever heard on these boards. :laugh3:

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can certainly make the argument that both Emmitt and Barry can be top 1-5. To omit either from the top 5 is absurd no matter what fan base you come from. To pin Smith's greatness on being on a 3 time champion to try and deflect from his greatness is crazy imo. Joe Montana can't be the greatest cause he had Jerry Rice. Insane I think your hate for the Cowboys is clouding your judgement. Each guy mention is elite. I think Emmitt was the right guy for our team.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Vikings they have employed 3 of my fav players of all time. Moon, Moss, and Carter. Sometimes you have to just be a have of talent. Its okay to hate Dallas with a passion but appreciate the greatness of Smith or Irving or Ware. I don't think either of you dudes can truly make an argument for 5 rb's who are greater than Smith.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think it was pretty shitty of Emmitt to continue playing just to get ahead of Sir Walter. Barry had the decency to retire while Payton lay sick on his deathbed. Coincidence?

SMH

That may be the single stupidest post in history
:lame:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd want Emmitt on my team unless it was a championship caliber team. Good thing he was never tested. :thumb:

By that thinking, you must not want another Sanders, because the entire time he was there, the Lions sucked. He flunked his test. Emmitt was better than Sanders, plain and simple. Emmitt made the whole thing go for the Cowboys, along with Playmaker. When Emmitt held out for two games because of his contract, the Cowboys went 0-2. He comes back, best team of All Time. Shake your head at that Troll
:bawling::bawling::bawling:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Twisted...

You have offered me nothing new. I asked for you to provide me stats and you gave me the one. What happened to the " you don't wanna play the stats game with me"? I am owning this argument with stats and you have done very little (nothing) to challenge that. So far you have provided me nothing but anecdotal evidence of who you THINK is better. Your opinion is your own. It speaks a lot about your character that you go around insulting people that don't agree with you. You're far from being Jimmy Johnson in terms of football I.Q. so if I were you I wouldn't go there. If you wanna stack up arguments, mine holds a lot more water than "Emmitt had heart, man". Your reading comprehension is severely lacking at times in this thread as well. I clearly said, according to the stats, Jim Brown is the best. Every single measurable supports that FACT. Much in the same way that Barry out performs Emmitt in about 95% of measurable statistics.

Your logic in this argument is typical of a lot of Cowboys fans, you completely lack logic on this topic. Grow up, stop calling names when someone disagrees with you. Especially when most indicators show that you're wrong.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well since some people didn't read all of my original post, my list was made based on who I have watched play the game. Any opinion that I have on guys who played prior to 1991 would not be a very informed opinion. Yes, I have watched all the highlights and heard all the talk from the greats who say this about Jim Brown, or that about Walter Payton, and so on and so on. But anyone looks great in highlights, anyone can look amazing for a game -- and those are usually the only moments and games you see on t.v anymore. I never got to watch those guys go through a 14 or 16 game season, or to watch them play from one season to the next, so my opinion is not worth much when it comes to those players. Therefor I chose not to include anyone prior to 1991.

As for all the Sanders bashing, I don't get it. Barry was without question the greatest RB I ever saw play and his numbers stack up favorably against anyone's.

Barry averaged 5.0 yards per carry for his career.
Payton - 4.4
Jim Brown - 5.2
Emmitt - 4.2

Barry averaged 20.01 carries per game over 153 games
Payton - 20.2 carries per game over 190 games
Brown - 19.99 carries per game over 118 games
Emmitt - 19.5 carries per game over 226

Barry rushed for over 1450 yards 7 times in a 10 year career
Payton - 5 times in 13 years
**Brown - 4 times in 9 years (I gave Brown credit for '64, rushed for 1446. Brown played fewer games per season)
Emmitt - 5 times in 15 years

Barry averaged 99.8 yards per game for his career
Payton - 88.0
Brown - 104.3
Emmitt - 81.2

Barry averaged .71 touchdowns per game for his career
Payton - .65
Brown - 1.06
Emmitt - .77

Without posting all the receiving numbers, the order of the most accomplished receiver according to the stats goes like this:

1. Brown
2. Payton
3. Sanders
4. Smith

If we are going by the stats the all time list goes like this:

1. Jim Brown
2. Barry Sanders
3. Walter Payton
4, Emmitt Smith

Jim Brown is regarded by many as the best football player ever. The stats say he is the best RB ever.

Barry Sanders is arguably second best. And most definitely the best RB I have ever watched play.
Emmitt is the All Time rushing champ and he was the best player on one of the greatest teams of all time. He has 3 rings. Emmitt was about more than stats, he was about putting the team first, just like Aikman. Aikman's stats will never challenge the top guys, because when the Cowboys had the lead, he didnt audible to a pass every time he came to the line. He handed it off, shortened the game, and WON. He made the clutch throws. Same with Emmitt. To throw out yards per carry is truly laughable. If you took all the times that Emmitt ran into an 8 or 9 man front in short yardage, sometimes 3-4 times inside the 5 in a single series, throw those hundereds of carries out, what would his average look like then? Barry Sanders was an awesome talent and fun to watch, but Emmitt doesn't have to take a backseat to any RB

Last edited by a moderator:

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if you dont think Emmitt was the best ever.... and I've said other guys can be put in the debate.

No way form shape or fashion do I ever rank Barry as the greatest ever

Yet many do and none but Boys fans rank Emmittt #1... go figure.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After thinking about it, I'm not sure I'd want Emmitt on my team unless it was a championship caliber team. Good thing he was never tested. :thumb:

Actually he was... his rookie season and the last 9 years of his career. Look em up... he had 1 or 2 good years out of those 10 but it was pretty ordinary stuff for the most part.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By that thinking, you must not want another Sanders, because the entire time he was there, the Lions sucked. He flunked his test. Emmitt was better than Sanders, plain and simple. Emmitt made the whole thing go for the Cowboys, along with Playmaker. When Emmitt held out for two games because of his contract, the Cowboys went 0-2. He comes back, best team of All Time. Shake your head at that Troll
:bawling::bawling::bawling:

So Emmitt made the whole thing go huh ? So what happened those 9 years he played after 95 ? Why did he stop "making it go" ?