• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Actuallly....Sam Darnold

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold may turn out to be a fine QB one day, but is he really the type of QB we need to run this offense? He is a pure drop back passer. That's fine for some offenses, but not ours. Turner's scheme really needs a mobile qb. Actually, Mariotta interests me more as a fit in this offense than Darnold does.
you might want to look at the tape i posted again he is mobile , however i like marriota better like you do

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold may turn out to be a fine QB one day, but is he really the type of QB we need to run this offense? He is a pure drop back passer. That's fine for some offenses, but not ours. Turner's scheme really needs a mobile qb. Actually, Mariotta interests me more as a fit in this offense than Darnold does.

Completely forgot about that. There were times seeing Alex aligned for an RPO, and I'm like really, is he really going to pull it back and scramble...really good point.
Not really into Mariota but....good point

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying I want Watson at the cost, but you stated we could not get him. Now you admit we can. It was always going to cost players.

like I said, 19 for Darnold is stupid...it doesn’t mean a team won’t do it. I would give up a 3rd at most.

Im being realistic. I think a team will give more than a 3rd for Darnold. I think Mariota will fetch a 3rd round pick.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Mariota get you a third now, but just last offseason he was free?
Same reason Wentz could fetch a 1st.

Some team may be in need of a QB.

Don't think that many were in need of a QB last offseason.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same reason Wentz could fetch a 1st.

Some team may be in need of a QB.

Don't think that many were in need of a QB last offseason.

Wentz has played to an MVP level. Wentz has never been released, traded, or not resigned.

Teams always need a QB. It is the same every season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your reasoning! Looking at some of the posts here, it seems to me as if the short term memory synapses are misfiring. Let us not forget how dynamic this offense looked with Taylor Heinicke at QB. Now Heinicke may not be the answer to start, but he's a capable backup based on that performance. He also represents the ideal model for this team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely forgot about that. There were times seeing Alex aligned for an RPO, and I'm like really, is he really going to pull it back and scramble...really good point.
Not really into Mariota but....good point
look at my sam darnold film and tell me he isnt mobile enough

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your reasoning! Looking at some of the posts here, it seems to me as if the short term memory synapses are misfiring. Let us not forget how dynamic this offense looked with Taylor Heinicke at QB. Now Heinicke may not be the answer to start, but he's a capable backup based on that performance. He also represents the ideal model for this team.
I think both Allen and Heinicke are capable backups, and, given time, one or both could prove to be capable starters. I'm not really a proponent of doing anything at QB other than draft one in the first few rounds unless we can somehow figure out how to get Watson or Russell here. IF we can't land one of the best, save your powder and use the capital to get top notch talent for a few of our holes this year. Make the rest of the team so good that we can put an Allen or Heinicke behind center and have a good chance to win every week. Then in 2022, see what is available. Who knows, maybe Dak will be fresh off his 2nd tag and ready to see what DC looks like.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both Allen and Heinicke are capable backups, and, given time, one or both could prove to be capable starters. I'm not really a proponent of doing anything at QB other than draft one in the first few rounds unless we can somehow figure out how to get Watson or Russell here. IF we can't land one of the best, save your powder and use the capital to get top notch talent for a few of our holes this year. Make the rest of the team so good that we can put an Allen or Heinicke behind center and have a good chance to win every week. Then in 2022, see what is available. Who knows, maybe Dak will be fresh off his 2nd tag and ready to see what DC looks like.
I'm all-in for Dak and Watson, Wilson won't be getting away from Carroll unless the wife's career opportunities are far better in a place like Florida or New York than it is in the pacific northwest. California is spoken for, so that's ideal but not in play. Can't get either of them go to plan B which is to continue to build and roll with beer dude.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't watch these QB sales pitches by the media. im getting more and more indecisive by the minute.
they have me believing in Darnold, when I'm all in on giving TH the offensive pieces he needs to win

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't watch these QB sales pitches by the media. im getting more and more indecisive by the minute.
they have me believing in Darnold, when I'm all in on giving TH the offensive pieces he needs to win
i can live with trying darnold at a price . not a high one but a price . darnold has one yr left before you have to give him yr 5 so if we give up a mid round pick for him and have him duel with TH i am in .

but it is a risky scenario

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can live with trying darnold at a price . not a high one but a price . darnold has one yr left before you have to give him yr 5 so if we give up a mid round pick for him and have him duel with TH i am in .

but it is a risky scenario

This is how i feel about ODBjr. I feel he's worth the risks.
My problem with Darnold is, is he worth a 2nd or perhaps a 3rd n 5th. If we aren't in the playoffs again with him at the helm, was the trade a failure. I get he's young and cheap....but thats just for 1 year

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold would likely want to rework his contract! If Washington holds him to his current one that could be trouble before his time here begins.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Skinsdad, would you feel some type of way, if the website decided to make the JETS moderator , the new Skins moderator of this forum.
And half of us were like, well THAT dude will DEFINITELY do a better job than Skinsdad?
I kinda feel that way with Darnold

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do nothing until the jets blink, probably after the draft.

No reason to part with a draft pick now for a qb who might just as easily be released if the Jets draft Lance.

As time marches on, the amount of teams willing to shell out draft picks for qbs dwindles. After the draft they’ll be next to zero teams willi to trade draft picks for qbs.

There are too many options for the WFT to chase and gut their team for, and the few real, absolute upgrades arent worth the price.

Winston, Jimmy G, Darnold, Fitzmagic, are all interchangeably a slight upgrade over what we currently have, if only because they are healthy enough to throw deep consistently off of two healthy legs.

Patience is a virtue.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do nothing until the jets blink, probably after the draft.

No reason to part with a draft pick now for a qb who might just as easily be released if the Jets draft Lance.

As time marches on, the amount of teams willing to shell out draft picks for qbs dwindles. After the draft they’ll be next to zero teams willi to trade draft picks for qbs.

There are too many options for the WFT to chase and gut their team for, and the few real, absolute upgrades arent worth the price.

Winston, Jimmy G, Darnold, Fitzmagic, are all interchangeably a slight upgrade over what we currently have, if only because they are healthy enough to throw deep consistently off of two healthy legs.

Patience is a virtue.

If we can get Darnold for a 3rd its a no brainer. Even our 2nd should be considered b/c of his age and potential.