• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Absolutely nothing happened yesterday

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this

for all jordan did for the game, he also ruined it in similar fashion

"jordan rules"

That's on Stern. Not Jordan. Jordan just rode the money train out for all it was worth as Stern turned it into pro-wrestling.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get tired of the constant Stern-bashing and bullshit conspiracy theories.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it but I'm pretty much the same way these days. I still love college basketball. A Saturday packed with it is a great day for me.

Yeah, If it's between an NBA game and watching The bacherloreett (with my girl) right now i'm taking the bachleret. but if college basketball is on.... oh yeah I'm watching that!

If I get tickets to an NBA game I'll go but thats about it

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Celtics agree to sign Brazilian big Vitor Faverani to a three-year deal

07.15.13 at 4:18 pm ET By Mike Petraglia

15 Comments

Vitor2-300x202.jpg
The Celtics signed 6-foot-11 Vitor Faverani to a three-year deal on Monday. (Photo/Club Baloncesto Murcia)

WALTHAM — The Celtics appear to be stockpiling their big men.
On the same day they officially introduced Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks and Keith Bogans, president of basketball operations Danny Ainge reportedly came to terms on a three-year deal for Brazilian big man Vitor Faverani.
Faverani averaged 9.3 points on 59 percent shooting from the field and 4.6 rebounds in 17 minutes per game for Spain Valencia Basket in the 2012-13 season.
He played also with the Brazil national basketball team. Faverani was just 17 when he started playing for Clínicas Rincón Axarquía in Spain, a farm team of CB Málaga. The 6-foot-11 center played in the Liga ACB and LEB Oro leagues. During the 2010–11 season, he won a title in LEB Oro with CB Murcia.
Yahoo Sports Marc Spears was the first to report the deal.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Ainge: Nets wanted ‘Dream Team’ at ‘any cost’

07.15.13 at 5:10 pm ET By Mike Petraglia

NewBig3-300x201.jpg
Left to right, Keith Bogans, MarShon Brooks and Kris Humphries were introduced as new Celtics Monday. (Mike Petraglia/WEEI.com)

WALTHAM — The way Danny Ainge looks at it, trading away future hall of famers in Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett along came down to taking advantage of a team desperate to build its own “Dream Team.”
That’s why, according to the Celtics president of basketball operations, he pulled the trigger earlier this month on a deal that sends the two stars to Brooklyn for Gerald Wallace, MarShon Brooks, Keith Bogans and Kris Humphries.
“Brooklyn showed a great deal of interest in putting the “Dream Team” together, with expense not [a factor], at any cost it seemed like,” Ainge told reporters at an introductory press conference Monday. “And the opportunity to acquire a lot of young assets and get younger and move onto a different phase presented itself. We felt like, where we were as a team, it was going to be very difficult to be a championship contender [had] we kept Paul and KG.
“The opportunity presented itself. It’s a situation we needed to do. It’s a situation that Brooklyn should do and could do, adding Paul and KG to a roster with already three All-Star type players. It’s a pretty special opportunity for them, even though it’s very expensive.”
Jason Terry was also unloaded in the deal that reshapes the Celtics roster for years to come. Was there another team that challenged the Nets in acquiring the trio?
“You don’t really want to trade to a division rival but no, there were no other teams that were even close,” Ainge admitted. “As a matter of fact, it was interesting that the offers we got for Paul and KG were greater than we got for them in years past. It was an opportunity we felt we had to jump at.”
Was it hard for Ainge to pull the trigger in the end?
“Absolutely,” Ainge said when asked. “I think it pretty much goes without saying, and there’ll be many opportunities to talk about their legacies, and I know this is not my decision alone to make, but if it were my decision alone, their numbers will be hanging from the rafters some day. Their legacy has been made here in Boston. They still have basketball left in them but at the same time, we’re going to want to beat them. But those guys were great for the city of Boston, great for the Boston Celtics franchise and great for all of us who were associated with them.
“But this is a good deal for us. We’re excited about the players we’re getting and we’re excited about the opportunity for us to start fresh and start over, not completely over because we have a lot of good players returning and a lot of good players acquired in teh trade but start over in terms of a new coaching staff, new players and a new identity.”
A fifth player the Celtics received in the deal – Kris Joseph – was waived on Monday.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not good:

Clay Buchholz has to slow down comeback once again

07.15.13 at 5:48 pm ET By Rob Bradford

42 Comments

Clay Buchholz

NEW YORK — Speaking during the media availability for the American League All-Stars, Red Sox pitcher Clay Buchholz said that he still felt some soreness in the bursa sac of his shoulder during his 25-pitch bullpen session in Oakland Sunday and he has no timetable for a rehab outing.
Buchholz was originally supposed to make a rehab appearance Sunday, but that was altered so that the righty could stay with the Red Sox and execute a more controlled bullpen session. If that went well, the plan was to throw during the All-Star break at Citi Field (with Red Sox trainer Rick Jameyson in attendance), and then perhaps eye a minor-league start.
But after continued discomfort on Sunday, Buchholz will wait until Thursday to throw again. He also noted he will throw a simulated game before making any rehab appearance.
“Sore,” Buchholz said when asked about Sunday’s bullpen session. “Threw pretty good intensity the two bullpens prior to that. My mindset going into that one, since I had the break to work with, was to up the intensity and see where we’re at. Still a little sore. Didn’t want to push it too far. Slowed it back down and finished the number of pitches I wanted to get to. Moving into the break, that was our deciding factor, just take a break, take it as a break and not really mess with it and get back to it when we get back there. That’s the direction I’m settled on.”
Buchholz said that he experienced the soreness only out of the windup. He was fine throwing out of the stretch. While he suggested that he might be able to pitch in a crucial situation in September, given the stage of the season and his hope to achieve a complete recovery in which he can pitch without any hint of soreness, Buchholz said that he and the team determined that his throwing program should be pushed back while he rests during the break.
“I’m still sore trying to reach back and throw, which I need in order to go on a rehab start. Just not quite there yet. … I said it from Jump Street, I’m not going to go out there and do something that’s going to cost me the rest of the season. I want to be 100 percent the next time I get on a mound, so that’s what I’m going to do.”
After initially injuring his AC joint, Buchholz missed two starts before returning for a pair of appearances. But following his June 8 start against the Angels, it was determined that the pitcher had to be placed on the 15-day disabled list. An MRI revealed that the issue was inflammation of the bursa sac — a diagnosis that Buchholz said has been confirmed by additional doctors.
“It’s muscular, it’s where that inflammation was going and the MRI in the neck that I took, the doctor actually said it was pristine. So there was nothing going on in my neck, it was just inflammation, there’s only two places to go,” said Buchholz. “And one’s up your neck and one’s down your arm. So that’s sort of the, I guess the after effects of all the treatment and probably throwing on it too a little before I should have picked up the ball. Trying to deal with it and get through it one way or another.
“It’s not something that kills me to do. I just don’t know what it would lead to if I did just keep throwing, throwing, throwing on it,” he added. “It’s like picking a scab, I don’t want to be messing with this forever. I don’t know how long it’s going to take, but regardless how long it takes I want it to be done in one time and not have to keep going back after two starts and going on the DL. It’s kind of frustrating, but it’s my mindset.”

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine Celtics' fans' excitement. :rolleyes2:

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett mentioned in the same sentence with the phrase “Dream Team.”

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus... First Ellsbury taking his sweet time.... then Dice-K and now Clay!

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can only imagine Celtics' fans' excitement. :rolleyes2:

it will be interesting

the pace of the teams play will be night and day compared to when pierce and KG were here

its gonna be a couple years, but if the celtics get a high pick in next years draft...ya never know

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett mentioned in the same sentence with the phrase “Dream Team.”

tatum_channing_laughing_hysterically-1508.gif

and to think the nets are the ones who said it

right?

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you need a more manly go-to gif hammer

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it will be interesting

the pace of the teams play will be night and day compared to when pierce and KG were here
its gonna be a couple years, but if the celtics get a high pick in next years draft...ya never know

let's hope he doesnt celebrate his draft day scarface style

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets' projected payroll of more than $101 million for the upcoming campaign will incur a luxury-tax bill of around $82 million—by far the most onerous in league history—the funds from which are to be distributed among the Association's more cost-conscious clubs.

Unreal.

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting stats:

an average MLB game has a total of 18 minutes of actual "play"...pitches, balls in play, etc. 18 minutes.

compare that to football? I was surprised

the average NFL game has 11 minutes of actual "play"

Even more surprising .....

An average moment of lust with Paul Fizzle is roughly 10 minutes.

My age is starting to catch up with me :bawling:

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nets' projected payroll of more than $101 million for the upcoming campaign will incur a luxury-tax bill of around $82 million—by far the most onerous in league history—the funds from which are to be distributed among the Association's more cost-conscious clubs.

Unreal.

that why i said to hammer that the nets "coined this" a dream team, not the C's

the nets are fuuuuuuucked if they dont win at least 1...

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't help but think the Nets and Celtics are going to be battling for the cellar in the East next season with a slight advantage to the Nets just because Kidd can probably coach circles around the prick in Boston.