• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About strength & conditioning?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to wonder with so many muscle pulls, bad hammys & abdominal strains & what not.

Are these trainers (not just our teams but our team has a ton of them) concentrating to much on pure muscle for the explosive quickness & not developing the rest of the body to handle the muscle? I know there has to be a better way to explain whats in my head LOL but I am not a fitness trainer by no means.
Seems like being in to good of shape (muscle wise) is or could be what is hurting these players.
I wonder if they should be worrying more on the conditioning part instead of concentrating so much on the strength part?

If anyone can understand what I poorly am trying to say, what do you think?

I know back in yesteryear before all these athletes became super fit. You didn't hear of most of these injuries, or rarely heard of them happening.

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today wasnt about that

They sat several guys out ......

Either it was (another) freak/badluck accident OR Lee lied about his condition OR for some ungodly reason they chose to practice him while sitting others out that were coming off injury ..... and FUCKED UP

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today wasnt about that

They sat several guys out ......

Either it was (another) freak/badluck accident OR Lee lied about his condition OR for some ungodly reason they chose to practice him while sitting others out that were coming off injury ..... and FUCKED UP

I didn't see what happened today, but with this news it makes me bring this up since I have been thinking about it for the last couple years.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these guys getting hurt for the Cowboys had pre-existing injuries until the Cowboys draft smarter which they actually have the last 2 drafts expect to see the same names occurring and reoccurring on the injury list. I'm sorry this had to happen to Lee he has the talent to be great.....Hope he gets well soon and rethink his career options at this point is it worth it?

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it is just bad luck though

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these guys getting hurt for the Cowboys had pre-existing injuries until the Cowboys draft smarter which they actually have the last 2 drafts expect to see the same names occurring and reoccurring on the injury list. I'm sorry this had to happen to Lee he has the talent to be great.....Hope he gets well soon and rethink his career options at this point is it worth it?

Ok this isn't about lee. Tons of players get nagging injuries not because they are all injury prone. That to me is just a cop out blanket statement. Again you didn't see all these types of injuries before these athletes became superman fit.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok this isn't about lee. Tons of players get nagging injuries not because they are all injury prone. That to me is just a cop out blanket statement. Again you didn't see all these types of injuries before these athletes became superman fit.

I totally agree with this. Some of those rookies at the combine could compete in a body building competition. Where are the cigarette smokers, beer drinkers, etc. I remember a few yrs back I said Lee reminded me of Bob Sanders- just throws his body around and plays too hard almost. I didnt know I would be so right.

Urlacher , Vilma, Angerer, Boley - I go Vilma first

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are obviously doing something wrong. Players we pick, way we practice, aging team, strength and conditioning...take your pick which it is, but it is something...probably a little of everything...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this. Some of those rookies at the combine could compete in a body building competition. Where are the cigarette smokers, beer drinkers, etc

As David Wells said...you can't pull fat...

Last edited by a moderator:

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally agree with this. Some of those rookies at the combine could compete in a body building competition. Where are the cigarette smokers, beer drinkers, etc

As David Wells said...you can't pull fat...
LOL

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are obviously doing something wrong. Players we pick, way we practice, aging team, strength and conditioning...take your pick which it is, but it is something...probably a little of everything...

What we are doing wrong is drafting talented but injury prone players like Sean Lee and Demarco Murray, and then acting surprised when they get hurt every year. What we are doing wrong is trading away 2 high picks for one in two of the last three drafts like we are one player away instead of 8-10 like we really are. What we are doing wrong is taking Escobar in the 2nd round in a year that we have the worst Cowboys defense of all time. ''We'' being Cowboys fans who have no choice but to swallow Jerry's bullshit mismanagement of this team

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we are doing wrong is drafting talented but injury prone players like Sean Lee and Demarco Murray, and then acting surprised when they get hurt every year. What we are doing wrong is trading away 2 high picks for one in two of the last three drafts like we are one player away instead of 8-10 like we really are. What we are doing wrong is taking Escobar in the 2nd round in a year that we have the worst Cowboys defense of all time. ''We'' being Cowboys fans who have no choice but to swallow Jerry's bullshit mismanagement of this team

bingo

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys this has been happening since the new CBA go back and look the players are not at the facilities like they used to be. It not just the Cowboys it is all over the league. More time off more injuries including the way they practice during the season. I honestly don't think it is the trainers or conditioning staff it is the new way the players are practicing in season and off season.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys this has been happening since the new CBA go back and look the players are not at the facilities like they used to be. It not just the Cowboys it is all over the league. More time off more injuries including the way they practice during the season. I honestly don't think it is the trainers or conditioning staff it is the new way the players are practicing in season and off season.

JMHO

I've always felt hamstring type injuries occur more when the guys aren't in full pads, so I somewhat agree. But, the point is that we appear to have so many more injuries than the other teams that are goiing through these same new rules. So what is the reason for that?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So what is the reason for that?"

I prefer an old fashion curse more so than inadequate conditioning.
Jerry Jones....tell death do us part and I remain hopeful he goes first

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"So what is the reason for that?"

I prefer an old fashion curse more so than inadequate conditioning.
Jerry Jones....tell death do us part and I remain hopeful he goes first

Im not wishing ill will on anyone, but Jerry drinks an awful lot and has done so for quite some time. His liver cant be in the best of shape.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not wishing ill will on anyone, but Jerry drinks an awful lot and has done so for quite some time. His liver cant be in the best of shape.

LOL...Is it wrong for me to say we can only hope so???

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then I hope Jerry lives a long and healthy life...

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is plenty to blame Jerry for but will we ever have a thread that we don't bring Jerry into it?

Good Lord it's a strength & conditioning thread.

Last edited by a moderator: