• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

About strength & conditioning?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley was a beast for a few years. / As far as re-doing the Lee draft- I just asked the question because it seemed that some didnt want to draft injured players anymore. Lee was/ is ALL PRO caliber. We took a chance. It has paid off some. The Dominic Easley pick this year could be the same. Its hard to pass up super players.Lee's career is far from over. We still will get return on the investment IMO. Lee may or may not ever be elite again, but an 80 percent Lee is better than most.

take a top 16 player at #55. Unless you have a doctor saying he is damaged goods you take him.
As far as the injury prone tag. Until just now with this knee injury. All his injuries has been something different. That is crappy luck, not injury prone.
Now Austin with his 500 hammy injuries. That is injury prone.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradley was a beast for a few years. / As far as re-doing the Lee draft- I just asked the question because it seemed that some didnt want to draft injured players anymore. Lee was/ is ALL PRO caliber. We took a chance. It has paid off some. The Dominic Easley pick this year could be the same. Its hard to pass up super players.Lee's career is far from over. We still will get return on the investment IMO. Lee may or may not ever be elite again, but an 80 percent Lee is better than most.

I'm probably the one who beats the drum the most on not drafting injured guys. Hind sight being 20/20 If I knew Lee career had played out exactly how it has NO I would not draft him. I'm sorry that's me and that would be my draft philosophy and least not in the 1st or 2nd round. One of the things that made guys like Emmitt Smith so great is you could count on him to be there every week. Bo Jackson could have been the best RB ever but we'll never know because of his injury. I'd rather have a guy who's a good 3 or 4 time probowl type player for 10 yrs. Than a guy who has the potential to be an all pro for 3 or 4 yrs and then is possible out of the league like Sean Merriman.

To those who attribute the multitude of injury's this team has had to poor strength and conditioning etc. I have to respectfully disagree I personally am convinced that maybe that does play a role but I believe the injuries have an exact correlation to both pre existing injuries and the fact that some people's body's no matter how physically strong are gift the are cannot take the daily trauma associated with NFL football.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably the one who beats the drum the most on not drafting injured guys. Hind sight being 20/20 If I knew Lee career had played out exactly how it has NO I would not draft him. I'm sorry that's me and that would be my draft philosophy and least not in the 1st or 2nd round. One of the things that made guys like Emmitt Smith so great is you could count on him to be there every week. Bo Jackson could have been the best RB ever but we'll never know because of his injury. I'd rather have a guy who's a good 3 or 4 time probowl type player for 10 yrs. Than a guy who has the potential to be an all pro for 3 or 4 yrs and then is possible out of the league like Sean Merriman.

To those who attribute the multitude of injury's this team has had to poor strength and conditioning etc. I have to respectfully disagree I personally am convinced that maybe that does play a role but I believe the injuries have an exact correlation to both pre existing injuries and the fact that some people's body's no matter how physically strong are gift the are cannot take the daily trauma associated with NFL football.

I can agree with this for the most part. Emmitt Smith did actually have a knee injury in college, nothing major though. As Glanville once said the NFL stands for Not For Long . Truthfully, only the strong and lucky survive. Strong meaning the ones that work their asses off. Lucky of course meaning the ones that can stay healthy

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally disagree. If we redid the draft I'd take Dez and then immediately trade up and take Lee with the next pick in the first round!!!

Agree on Dez, totally disagree on Lee. Lee is a great player, but if we could go back in time knowing that after this season he will have sat as many games as he has played, I would take him off the board and pick someone else. Same with Murray. They are great when they are on the field, but you usually end up with Orie Lemon and Phillip Tanner as your starters by seasons end. I sure as Hell wouldn't trade up for someone that I knew was going to be injured half the time. You want to go back and trade up for Matt Johnson too, LOL?

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hindsight is 20/20

Jarntt said if you knew then what you know now. I didn't like the Lee pick at the time, but he turned out to be a much better player than I ever imagined. If he could stay healthy, he'd be a HOF. Doesn't look to be in the cards

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on Dez, totally disagree on Lee. Lee is a great player, but if we could go back in time knowing that after this season he will have sat as many games as he has played, I would take him off the board and pick someone else. Same with Murray. They are great when they are on the field, but you usually end up with Orie Lemon and Phillip Tanner as your starters by seasons end. I sure as Hell wouldn't trade up for someone that I knew was going to be injured half the time. You want to go back and trade up for Matt Johnson too, LOL?

Would you actually compare the talent level of Lee and Matt Johnson or their injury history? Anyway, my point was more going forward and yes, I will take Lee for next year or 5 over anyone else that was being discussed. For this year? Yes, I'll take someone else obviously.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you actually compare the talent level of Lee and Matt Johnson or their injury history? Anyway, my point was more going forward and yes, I will take Lee for next year or 5 over anyone else that was being discussed. For this year? Yes, I'll take someone else obviously.

The bed is pretty much made with Lee. We'll see how they view Murray after this season. If he gets hurt again, there's no way I would sign him long term

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bed is pretty much made with Lee. We'll see how they view Murray after this season. If he gets hurt again, there's no way I would sign him long term

One big thing to remember about Murray. RBs just have not been getting huge $'s lately. I think you can lock him up for a pretty cheap price considering what you get from the guy and what that gets you at other positions. There is no way I let him go without a backup plan and I don't see that on the current roster. This team is just not the same without him. If he wants too much then obviously you need to let him go. The other thing to remember if he gets hurt again is that his value will be discounted because of it. So if you pay a guy fair value based on his history of playing around 12 games a year and he plays 12 games going forward you break even; if he plays 16 you make out. Also, we have been very smart l;ately with the contracts we have gieven to the "injured guys". Melton, Spencer and Lee all have some kind of protection built in. I'd imagine a contract for Murray would be structured similarly to what we did with Lee and the more he plays the more he gets paid.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of these guys getting hurt for the Cowboys had pre-existing injuries until the Cowboys draft smarter which they actually have the last 2 drafts expect to see the same names occurring and reoccurring on the injury list. I'm sorry this had to happen to Lee he has the talent to be great.....Hope he gets well soon and rethink his career options at this point is it worth it?

I don't know that Jerrah is drafting smarter. The two guys we got in rounds 1 and 2 look like immediate starters,but after that I just don't see anything great. I see players drafted in the 7th round that are better than Hitchens and Street. My god I see Dixon and Mitchell as much better prospects. Hitchens could have been had in the 7th or FA and Streets is a slow possesion receiver. The good teams find starters in the middle rounds

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know that Jerrah is drafting smarter. The two guys we got in rounds 1 and 2 look like immediate starters,but after that I just don't see anything great. I see players drafted in the 7th round that are better than Hitchens and Street. My god I see Dixon and Mitchell as much better prospects. Hitchens could have been had in the 7th or FA and Streets is a slow possesion receiver. The good teams find starters in the middle rounds

So you've already decided that our 7th rounders are much better prospects than our 4th and 5th rounders? Why? Again, I just don't get how people have already mapped out the careers that these guys are going to have before they even put on the uniform. Maybe that's a good thing for the team if those guys are even better prospects than guys take much earlier. But, why don't you wait to see them on the field first? I guess it isn't surprising since you would have said the same about HaHa Clinton Dix if we drafted him in the first. Me...Like always I'll wait until I see them on an NFL Field and judge them with my own eyes instead of going by what some scout, that is likely more of a writer says about them.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you've already decided that our 7th rounders are much better prospects than our 4th and 5th rounders? Why? Again, I just don't get how people have already mapped out the careers that these guys are going to have before they even put on the uniform. Maybe that's a good thing for the team if those guys are even better prospects than guys take much earlier. But, why don't you wait to see them on the field first? I guess it isn't surprising since you would have said the same about HaHa Clinton Dix if we drafted him in the first. Me...Like always I'll wait until I see them on an NFL Field and judge them with my own eyes instead of going by what some scout, that is likely more of a writer says about them.

:agree: It is hilarious how some fans get so but when their team doesn't draft the players they wanted or
have heard of :lame:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: It is hilarious how some fans get so but when their team doesn't draft the players they wanted or
have heard of :lame:

kinda like when a poster points out their like for Red and you stomp on that topic with an all knowing attitude of what will always be. Or when a poster talks up Lee coming back while you have him done.

Point that finger....maybe it deflects what your whole purpose is. Funny....I'm thinking Fordman should take a page outta the skids board as it relates to you. Isn't hard if he took all your posts and read them for the merit they are always intended.

onward through the fog logan. I'm sure somebody somewhere likes your sorry ass.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EastBay is Lyle Logan? Damn PDay I don't know how you keep up with all of this. I remember a thread on here where everyone posted their "ESPN names", but even right after that I couldn't remember who was who.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EastBay is Lyle Logan? Damn PDay I don't know how you keep up with all of this. I remember a thread on here where everyone posted their "ESPN names", but even right after that I couldn't remember who was who.

That bitter old FUCKTARD don' t know shit, that is his problem he thinks he knows it all. He ain't nothing but a old time PUNK!

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kinda like when a poster points out their like for Red and you stomp on that topic with an all knowing attitude of what will always be. Or when a poster talks up Lee coming back while you have him done.

Point that finger....maybe it deflects what your whole purpose is. Funny....I'm thinking Fordman should take a page outta the skids board as it relates to you. Isn't hard if he took all your posts and read them for the merit they are always intended.

onward through the fog logan. I'm sure somebody somewhere likes your sorry ass.

Fordman should ban your old punk ass. Everybody already knows your tired ass M.O. You already know I am not the one to FUCK with, you best stay your old ass in your lane. This is a young man's game.

#BEEP BEEP!

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You already know I am not the one to FUCK with"

really?
I've been fucking with you for years and you still have nothing.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lazarus Logan now that's a old ESPN name I remember

If I recall he was banned so many times he had to change names and ISP service on a weekly basis

Redskins board hated all the shit that was stirred up by the many incarnations of Logan

same merry go round just new names but not the same ole BS on the Skins board anymore

As they used to say " Only the names have been changed to protect the innocent " Jack Webb/Dragnet 1951-1959

Maybe the guilty in the case of Logan ?

JMHO